OOTS Jan-Apr 2016

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS Jan-Apr 2016

Post by Hockey Widow »

Calgary and Winnipeg up to 49 points. Buffalo up to 48 points. We could be looking at a top four draft pick soon.
The only HW the Canucks need
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Hockey Widow wrote:Calgary and Winnipeg up to 49 points. Buffalo up to 48 points. We could be looking at a top four draft pick soon.
Hopefully we can get top 3. If mcjesus stays healthy, Edmonton will be much better.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:Leaves lose both Bozak + Matthias to the quiet room.
Babcock doesn't quite get that, apparently.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Wids hasn't rolled over this much since she discovered clover.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks now have games in hand or are even on their competition for Matthews. Not good
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

NYI already up 3 nothing on the Oil. Fuck me, that team is a mess.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Oil just deflected a wide shot into their own net. 5 - 0 now.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holy fucking Oil Tank again! They could actually get their 5th first overall draft pick in the last 7 drafts. How pathetic. The other two picks in that 7 - a 3rd overall (Draisaitl) and a 6th overall (Nurse) would be enough for most teams to do a rebuild but 5 first overalls too? Bettman has to step in, what a joke
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Holy fucking Oil Tank again! They could actually get their 5tb first overall draft pick in the last 7 drafts. His pathetic. The other two picks in that 7 alone - a 3rd overall (Draisaitl) and a 6th overall (Nurse) would be enough for most teams to do a rebuild but 5 first overalls too? Bettman has to step in, what a joke
yah its becoming...wrong!!
Getting old is not for the young...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Pittsburgh stomping Anaheim 6-2 in the third. Crosby with 4 more points, now up to over a PPG and into the top-5 in scoring.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

That was a hell of a game for 87.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:Holy fucking Oil Tank again! They could actually get their 5th first overall draft pick in the last 7 drafts. How pathetic. The other two picks in that 7 - a 3rd overall (Draisaitl) and a 6th overall (Nurse) would be enough for most teams to do a rebuild but 5 first overalls too? Bettman has to step in, what a joke
Yeah, I still think the Stanley Cup Winner should get first pick, and then a straight lottery among the rest.
Never understood why a league would want to reward tanking. :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Holy fucking Oil Tank again! They could actually get their 5th first overall draft pick in the last 7 drafts. How pathetic. The other two picks in that 7 - a 3rd overall (Draisaitl) and a 6th overall (Nurse) would be enough for most teams to do a rebuild but 5 first overalls too? Bettman has to step in, what a joke
Yeah, I still think the Stanley Cup Winner should get first pick, and then a straight lottery among the rest.
Wow, that is just a terrible idea. :lol: Let's give the Blackhawks McDavid, then when they win one with him let's give them Matthews so they can do it again. Facepalm city Pear.

The teams that miss the playoffs should lottery ball for the first 14 spots (16 after expansion), the playoff teams should lottery for the remaining 16.

The only problem with that system is that the league is corrupt and I don't trust them to do it honestly.

It would be nice to put an end to tanking, but for the sake of the Canucks, let's wait a few years. :wink:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Per wrote:
Wow, that is just a terrible idea. :lol: Let's give the Blackhawks McDavid, then when they win one with him let's give them Matthews so they can do it again. Facepalm city Pear.

The teams that miss the playoffs should lottery ball for the first 14 spots (16 after expansion), the playoff teams should lottery for the remaining 16.

The only problem with that system is that the league is corrupt and I don't trust them to do it honestly.

It would be nice to put an end to tanking, but for the sake of the Canucks, let's wait a few years. :wink:
I say straight up lottery for all teams that are gone before the conference finals. The top-4 are out.

Set the lottery odds decreasing by ranges and not individual place. 30-26, 25-21, 20-17, 16-12, 11-8, 7-5.

That is probably the fairest way to eliminate the bullshit we see in Coilerville year after year, but as a shitty team they still have a shot at the first overall, but now it's the same chance as 4 other teams, and the 5 teams in the next range still have an halfway decent chance.

Limit the number of spots that a team can fall though. Say, the 30-26 can't fall out of a top-10 pick, and 25-21 can't drop out of top 15? I dunno.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

If the league was truly behind their treasured parity, it would apply parity to the draft as well.

Since all team are equal (of course some teams are more equal than others), why not make the draft rankings a pure lottery for all teams?
2021 - Playoff Bound