Jim help the twins

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Jim help the twins

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Thick Blob… T H I C K
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:A better question may be is Brandon Sutter a number 2 centre on a good team ?
He wasn't even playing Centre for this team for a time this year.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

A better question may be is Brandon Sutter a number 2 centre on a good team ?
Well he could play the minutes and not actively hurt you as long as your roster was constructed around five or six players that were better than him.

That said, we didn't sign him to be a top 2 center on a good team. We signed him to be a top 2 center on a bad team and work hard.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Still Ideally he is your third line centre and maybe your fifth or sixth most important forward . He is a decent player but there's no way he is skating on a scoring line on a good team.

Ideally it will be Sedin( then Mathews or Nolan Patrick) , then Horvat then McCann or Sutter in the 3 hole . Someone may have to be moved to the wing of moved for defensive help .

Sutters contract may become less of a lightning rod with fans when /if Benning signs some decent contracts and some of the albatross ones expire . I am of the feeling that Benning can't manage the cap and will likely never be able to . I guess we shall see.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I notice that Nucklehead is standing a few inches taller in this thread knowing that Blobby Mac's got his back. The day Nucklehead disagrees with Blobby Mac, or posts something he may not like, I may need a defibrillator

The man crush continues
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:I notice that Nucklehead is standing a few inches taller in this thread knowing that Blobby Mac's got his back. The day Nucklehead disagrees with Blobby Mac, or posts something he may not like, I may need a defibrillator

The man crush continues
I can't tell where one of 'em ends and the other begins! :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I notice that Nucklehead is standing a few inches taller in this thread knowing that Blobby Mac's got his back. The day Nucklehead disagrees with Blobby Mac, or posts something he may not like, I may need a defibrillator

The man crush continues
lol you two are cute.

As if me and Blob are the only ones un-impressed with JB. If you want to rub the skin off your knees slurping up the Sbisa/Sutter/Bartkwoski gravy this guy is serving up all the power to you.

As for disagreeing with Blob, I want absolutely nothing to do with helping Milan Lucic cash in on his last big contract.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

As if me and Blob are the only ones un-impressed with JB. If you want to rub the skin off your knees slurping up the Sbisa/Sutter/Bartkwoski gravy this guy is serving up all the power to you
Regarding Sbisa and Sutter, if you can't appreciate their skill sets then we agree to disagree. I like both acquisitions and that is without watching what the likes of Kesler and Bonino have been failing to do in their new homes and ignoring the crazy contract given out to Kesler.

Speaking about that contract, ironic that what might go down as one of the dumbest contract awarded in recent times is given to a player after he leaves Benning and the Canucks by another GM....

I've never been a fan of Bartkowski so am meh about his signing, but it was a UFA deal for 1 year at modest dollars....

I'm a fan of a GM who is not afraid to make a deal as opposed to the torture we experienced during the Nonis years and even the Gillis years when a deal had to be considered a home run or it wasn't made....

With an active GM comes some misses so for those who like to micro manage every deal without the benefit of the details then he's the type of GM you're going to have a hay day with...

Where I'm most optimistic with Benning at the helm is at the draft table...Can't remember a time when I thought the team was in better hands when it comes to drafting the future and that alone for me makes up for what some might consider trade misses....

Take care...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

I agree with a lot of your post Rikster but not about Sbisa . I think a lot of the attraction to him is he is the ONLY guy back there that will engage physically and while I like that style of play myself the guy has more warts than dtes crack whore . He can't handle or pass the puck . He cannot read the play in his own zone and blows coverage constantly not to mention a heavy forecheck is his worst nightmare. As a number six guy making 1.5 sign me up but he is way too high up the totem pole here . That's not his fault but it doesn't mean he is worth his contract .

Before the get along gang derailed another thread the main point so was trying to make is that Jim Benning does not seem to be able to handle money or navigate a salary cap. I shudder to think of him extending Miller next year if Markstrom falters or Demko is not ready .

The get along gang just keeps repeating the same nonsense about the cap not mattering when the team sucks all the while ignoring that the cap may be part of the reason the team sucks .
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sbisa- 1 goal - 3 assists - 4 points - 18 games ($3.6 million per/$10.6 million 3 year contract no NTC)

Garrison - 2 goals - 2 assists - 4 points - 33 games ($5.5 million per/$27.5 million 5 year contract full NTC)

Blobby never complained about Garrison, buyout Ballard nor buyout Booths contracts

I wonder how he feels about the doozies Gillis gave Higgins and Burrows and Roberto 'My contract Sucks' Luongo. Do not seem to recall blobby moaning about that infamous Gillis contract

Boy oh boy the Sbisa and Sutter contracts are really really awful. Tell you what Blobby, Sbisa's contract is only a massive 3 years long during a rebuild phase. It will be over before you can blink. Plus Luca will only be 28 when it's over, he might actually have value once it's over due to his youthfulness. Whereas your boys Old men Kesler and Garrison will be geriatrics when their teams are no longer contractually obligated to them
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks are paying $6.5 million out to Higgins and Burrows right now. Higgins - $2.5 million/Burrows $4 million. How do you feel about their contract values right now? Did you watch the game last night? How'd you like Burrows and Higgins? Willies fault they suck? Gillis gave Higgins his current 4 year contract when Higgins was 30 years old. Full NTC. Gillis gave Burrows his current 4 year contract when Burrows was 31 years old. Full NTC.

Sutter will be 31 when his current contract comes to an end. The last two years of his contract he would have to name 15 teams he will accept a trade to. At his age, he should have good value still in those remaining two years. Sbisa will be 28 when his current contract comes to an end.

Thanks to Gillis, Higgins and Burrows are literally/figuratively untradeable contracts. But yeah, Benning is a bad, bad, bad man.

Buyout Ballard
Buyout Booth
Zack Coke-assian

I remember the old threads here when these players were around how some folks here, won't name who, blamed the coaches for the horrid play.

BTW Burrows is a minus 9 and Higgins is a minus 8

Sutter is a plus 2 and Sbisa is an even 0

How is Stanton's minor league career going?

Do you miss Garrison's boat anchor contract? What great contract value there eh?

How is the Professor doing at UVIC?

Where is Ballard, where is Booth, where is Kassian?

Mike Gillis traded 3 - 2nd round picks. His remaining 3 second round picks are - Mallet, Sauve and Rodin. Ouch.

Gillis first round picks - Hodgson, Schroeder, traded a first for Ballard, Jensen, Gaunce and Shinkaruk. He traded Nonis prize draft pick for Horvat.

Gillis slayed it in the first two rounds of drafting in his 6 years as your GM of your Vancouver Canucks. Is it any wonder why this team is where it's at right now. Benning in just 2 drafts has absolutely slayed Gillis record. in the first two rounds. Virtanen, McCann, Demko, Boeser, Brisebois (although a 3rd round pick)
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

When Gillis signed Burrows he was either scoring 26 or 28 goals that year...not sure exactly when he actually signed. At the time he was a top line winger.

Probably not a good one to criticize...Higgins contract though....
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:When Gillis signed Burrows he was either scoring 26 or 28 goals that year...not sure exactly when he actually signed. At the time he was a top line winger.

Probably not a good one to criticize...Higgins contract though....
Burrows signed his new contract during the season 2012-2013 season where he had 13 goals 11 assists in 47 games. He wasn't trending in the right direction, hence the first year of this new contract he had like 5 goals and 10 assists in 47 games around there, not a good start. I had no problem with Burrows contract, he deserved it after coming off of 4 years of being one of the leagues biggest underpaid players in the game, but to give a 31 year old, trending in the wrong direction a 4 year contract that came with a full NTC? Not so sure about that, but you can forget about us trading Burrows now, we are stuck with that contract, just as stuck as we are with Higgins contract. Higgins contract value right now is the worst in the league.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Jesus Christ you have trouble reading . Who gives a fuck about Gillis he's gone .He and Fatty Jonis both have a hand in this teams current predicament as does Benning . If you are going to continually defend the Dorsett contract , the Miller one and Lucas as well as Sutters I have nothing to say. If you would rather have Baertschi and Vey than Roland Mckeown and Rasmus Andersson good for you . By all means keep bringing up Gillis's mistakes from five years ago it's very relevant to the discussion of Elmers cap management. Maybe we can regail everyone with a Harry Neale or Jack Gordon move .

Garrison's cap hit is 4.6 million or a million more than Luca but I guess that doesn't fit the narrative.

Thread - posters discussing some of Elmers moves and saying he was wasted some valuable cap space and are rightly concerned the man is not a real good manager of the cap. Oh here comes Pacific Blue with the Zack Kassian references or Keith Ballard of David Booth when they have ZERO to do with the conversation . Keep on keepin on .
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

The man crush continues
lol you two are cute.

As if me and Blob are the only ones un-impressed with JB. If you want to rub the skin off your knees slurping up the Sbisa/Sutter/Bartkwoski gravy this guy is serving up all the power to you.

As for disagreeing with Blob, I want absolutely nothing to do with helping Milan Lucic cash in on his last big contract.
It's his only defence . Any sane fan should be somewhat concerned with a few of the trades and a few of the contracts . Pretty sad when you get jumped on for having an opinion different than the sheep. The only silver lining is Benning and Desjardins are pathetic enough to get the team a much needed high pick for the next two years .