OOTS Nov 2015

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Can someone remind me why we traded Dale Weise?

Diaz. What a deal for us



I hated that we traded him. Hate it even more now.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 11602
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Strangelove » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:37 pm

... and five weeks later Canuck fans were chanting....

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Topper » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:16 am

Word at the time was he'd become a locker room malcontent about the ice time he was getting from Tororella.

Speaking of ex Canuck's and ice time debates, fan and Gollum favourite CoHo scored his first of the season 12 games in.Played 9:22 minutes, but not a shift after his goal with 5:21 remaining in the game. I guess he's still not trusted hanging onto a one goal lead.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8750
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:31 am

But if it was Ignitowski who traded Weise???
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9513
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Reefer2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Kesler scores his first goal of the season, hopes it is his last.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby BurningBeard » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:39 am

How long until Patrick Roy is fired? What does everyone think? Does he survive with Colorado at the bottom of the division until the trade deadline? Or does Colorado let this whole season play out and can him in the off season / let him step down? They're on pace for less then 70 points this season, which is dramatically worst then the 90 points they got last season to end up last in their division. They're getting dangerously close to "Edmonton Oilers territory" here.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Meds » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:55 am

BurningBeard wrote:How long until Patrick Roy is fired? What does everyone think? Does he survive with Colorado at the bottom of the division until the trade deadline? Or does Colorado let this whole season play out and can him in the off season / let him step down? They're on pace for less then 70 points this season, which is dramatically worst then the 90 points they got last season to end up last in their division. They're getting dangerously close to "Edmonton Oilers territory" here.


Sakic (Roy's boss) is on record saying that Patrick's job is not on the line. Not even close.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5391
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 am

I still don't understand why they traded O'Reilly. If it was cap issues, fine, if not they made a stupid trade. The guy is playing great in Buffalo.

If Sakic wants to save himself had better fire Roy soon. I believe he's the problem
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9513
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Horvat1C » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:12 am

RoyalDude wrote:I still don't understand why they traded O'Reilly. If it was cap issues, fine, if not they made a stupid trade. The guy is playing great in Buffalo.

If Sakic wants to save himself had better fire Roy soon. I believe he's the problem


I think I heard that Duchene and Roy haven't been getting along, which has led to rumours that Duchene could be traded.
Horvat1C
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby BurningBeard » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Meds wrote:Sakic (Roy's boss) is on record saying that Patrick's job is not on the line. Not even close.

I figured that, and this is the reason why former teammates shouldn't be running a team together. They will be shown the door at the same time if that's the case.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Strangelove » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Horvat1C wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I still don't understand why they traded O'Reilly. If it was cap issues, fine, if not they made a stupid trade. The guy is playing great in Buffalo.

If Sakic wants to save himself had better fire Roy soon. I believe he's the problem


I think I heard that Duchene and Roy haven't been getting along, which has led to rumours that Duchene could be traded.


Wouldn't surprise me to learn players can't get along with Raw.

If his "personality" is costing the team players like Stastny, O'Reilly, and now Duchene

... well the Avs made the wrong move in hiring him, just as yours truly said at the time. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby SKYO » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Torts back at it.

Image
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7992
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Rumsfeld » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:07 pm

If there's one thing highly conditioned professional athletes hate, it's push-ups.

Torts is a GENIUS.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:28 am

Lowe and Behold - the Edmonton Oilers are in last place of entire league. Pathetic
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9513
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: OOTS Nov 2015

Postby Island Nucklehead » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:43 am

RoyalDude wrote:Lowe and Behold - the Edmonton Oilers are in last place of entire league. Pathetic


Who's going 1st overall in 2017? Really gotta see that 1st-overall top-6.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7315
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: micky107 and 4 guests