Canucks Special Teams

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Lancer wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Lancer wrote:it wouldn't matter if Scotty Bowman were to come from the dead and gift them with the most ingenious plan


:wow:

*removes hat*

:cry:


K. It only seems like he's dead, what with celebs dropping like flies lately.



*puts hat on*

:D

I do share your frustration with Sedins on the PP Lancer...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13762
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Kenji » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 pm

I don't think it is point men. Stecher walks the line just fine. It's that they can't get shots through. The defencemen pass the puck back and forth and that's fine, but they are stuck with no lanes, the middle is always full and the forwards are on the outside of the box.

I think it needs to move. Rotation would create confusion and maybe open seams. I'd like to see the Russian Tree at netfront as well. He has decent hands and even if he doesn't get tips, who is going to be able to move him?
Kenji
CC Rookie
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby SKYO » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Eriksson perfect for the powerplay? who'd a thunk?

He's a beast around the net but stubborn ol' willie.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby SKYO » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:37 am

SKYO wrote:Eriksson perfect for the powerplay? who'd a thunk?

He's a beast around the net but stubborn ol' willie.


Newell Brown hopefully doesn't get stuck & stubborn like Willie did with Sutter.


This should be the new #1 powerplay.

Net front: Eriksson

Boeser - Sedin - Sedin

QB - Stecher

This combo will slay all in it's path.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:06 pm

SKYO wrote:This should be the new #1 powerplay.

Net front: Eriksson

Boeser - Sedin - Sedin

QB - Stecher

This combo will slay all in it's path.


I'm ready to give the #1 PP to the kids, Sedin & Co on the #2.

Well, 1A, 1B :?:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13762
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Madcombinepilot » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:I'm ready to give the #1 PP to the kids, Sedin & Co on the #2.

Well, 1A, 1B :?:



It's a bit too early to tell. Too many variables.
Who makes the team?
Who do we lose in expansion?
Any trades before draft?
Who gets signed in offseason?
how the twins will react to having 2 RH shots on PP?
How does new coach mesh with players?

Can't pick the special teams until you know who is on the team...
Yeah, I am hoping to get younger on PP, but they gotta earn it.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:17 pm

Hey man I'm just ready. :(
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13762
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Madcombinepilot » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Lol. Ain't we all!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby damonberryman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:11 am

I think like Blob on the question of power play. We need a disruptor in front of the goalie who is big enough and mean enough to back the D off
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby micky107 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:58 am

damonberryman wrote:I think like Blob on the question of power play. We need a disruptor in front of the goalie who is big enough and mean enough to back the D off


Like big Bert use to do ;)
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Madcombinepilot » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:51 am

micky107 wrote:
damonberryman wrote:I think like Blob on the question of power play. We need a disruptor in front of the goalie who is big enough and mean enough to back the D off


Like big Bert use to do ;)


Until they changed the definition of interference for him. :?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with untill you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Linc » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:23 am

In terms of a disruptor in front of the net, I wonder if Virtanen might at some point be good in that role. He is big enough and an agitator. Another plus is he wont need to think much about where to be on the ice as all he has to do is go to the net
Linc
AHL Prospect
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 10:38 am

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby SKYO » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 am

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:This should be the new #1 powerplay.

Net front: Eriksson

Boeser - Sedin - Sedin

QB - Stecher

This combo will slay all in it's path.


I'm ready to give the #1 PP to the kids, Sedin & Co on the #2.

Well, 1A, 1B :?:


Newell Brown still thinks the Sedins are great on the powerplay. :o

Newell Brown: Sedins still “awesome power play guys”; still figuring out Dman on unit

http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-525?smc=10


And what irked me was Brown saying Sutter can be like Kesler :lol:
http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bu ... 1.20489723

He'll just need to see the players in action to see that Sutter isn't the solution to fix the dreaded powerplay.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7605
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 am

Linc wrote:In terms of a disruptor in front of the net, I wonder if Virtanen might at some point be good in that role. He is big enough and an agitator. Another plus is he wont need to think much about where to be on the ice as all he has to do is go to the net

I think that Virtanen needs to be treated as a Brett Hull style shooter. He is loathe to dig out pucks it seems but really has an NHL calibre release. There is a spot there for him to one time shots on the poeerplay and occasionally lay devastating hits but trying to morph him into Pavel Datsyuk is going to be a stretch
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Special Teams

Postby micky107 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:59 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:
micky107 wrote:
damonberryman wrote:I think like Blob on the question of power play. We need a disruptor in front of the goalie who is big enough and mean enough to back the D off


Like big Bert use to do ;)


Until they changed the definition of interference for him. :?


Yeah, if you look at the initial stages of that, it wasn't going to be any worse than a lot of what we see lately.
There was just way too much lead-up and it was a bomb waiting to go off and it did after Bert knocked him to the ice from behind. I don't think he was injured at that point.
Lots of people to blame but I've been saying ever since it happened, (never here), that a big part of it was Naslund's fault. He gave that perfectly politically correct interview after the game in Denver when Moore gave him a cheap shot.
If only he'd vented and said he was mad and that it was a cheap shot and blamed Moore, Granato and the ref. Even if it meant a warning from the league.
But that wasn't his way, too laid back.
Very few have ever agreed with me on that.
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], RoyalDude and 6 guests