OOTS Oct 2015

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS Oct 2015

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:Ducks shutout again, fourth time in seven games. :shock:

Shit about to hit the fan.
Gotta wonder wtf with the Ducks. Trade them Vrbata, Miller and Hamhuis for everything they have. Then we can call them the Anaheim Caducks
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Benning is a genius.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:

Benning is a genius.
Damn right he is
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Gotta wonder wtf with the Ducks. Trade them Vrbata, Miller and Hamhuis for everything they have. Then we can call them the Anaheim Caducks
Anaheim would retort: No thanks, you've guys done enough damage here.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Call it a hunch but something tells me the Ducks will get better as the season wears on. Not sure why I feel this way.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

True RD, a new coach probably can right the ship - that is if everything is roses in the dressing room, who knows.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They have too much talent to not right the ship. It maybe a little lack of inspiration. They led the division pretty much all season only to get knocked out in the third round so a little who gives a shit about regular season maybe infecting them. Defence and goaltending are not where they need them to be. I'm telling you, Miller is who they need :mrgreen:
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:They have too much talent to not right the ship. It maybe a little lack of inspiration. They led the division pretty much all season only to get knocked out in the third round so a little who gives a shit about regular season maybe infecting them. Defence and goaltending are not where they need them to be. I'm telling you, Miller is who they need :mrgreen:
At the trade deadline Miller for Ritchie....or Theodore
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:They have too much talent to not right the ship. It maybe a little lack of inspiration. They led the division pretty much all season only to get knocked out in the third round so a little who gives a shit about regular season maybe infecting them. Defence and goaltending are not where they need them to be. I'm telling you, Miller is who they need :mrgreen:
At the trade deadline Miller for Ritchie....or Theodore

As soon as Markstrom is ready they need Miller. TDD too late I tell ya.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Wonder when getzlaf and Perry inherit Thornton's choker title. Yes they have cup rings but they were not intrical parts of the team that year.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Flames lose again (2-7-0) Leaves lose again (1-5-2) Ducks lose again (1-5-2).

Ducks shut out for 5th time in 8 games.

Clubhouse atmosphere going on? :drink:

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Not a lot of Bieksa love right now. If they don't right the ship soon you know there will be changes. They seem to have a lot of problems scoring right now. Maybe we could trade them Vrbata. But they have to keep Bieksa.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:Not a lot of Bieksa love right now. If they don't right the ship soon you know there will be changes. They seem to have a lot of problems scoring right now. Maybe we could trade them Vrbata. But they have to keep Bieksa.
Bieksa definitely shouldn't be playing 22mins/night, but ya gotta think when Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler have combined for 3 assists and players like Perry and Kesler are only hovering around 2 shots/game that there are bigger issues than Casual Kev.

How bout them Coyotes?

What a bloodbath the Central Division is. Which division is worse, the Atlantic or the Pacific?
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Hockey Widow wrote:Not a lot of Bieksa love right now. If they don't right the ship soon you know there will be changes. They seem to have a lot of problems scoring right now. Maybe we could trade them Vrbata. But they have to keep Bieksa.
We all saw last year how Bieksa's game has regressed, so I was astonished that the Ducks not only traded for him, but gave him a 2 year extension! At first I thought...what did they see in Kev that we didn't? Now I think it was just a BAD signing. And the extention to Kesler....ridiculous. Kes is still a good player...but a 6 year deal for huge money? Made no sense to me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Zedlee wrote: We all saw last year how Bieksa's game has regressed, so I was astonished that the Ducks not only traded for him, but gave him a 2 year extension! At first I thought...what did they see in Kev that we didn't? Now I think it was just a BAD signing.
The time has come to ask the question.

Is Bieksa + cap-hit + 3-yr contract... worse than Sbisa + cap-hit + 3-yr contract?

Answer: Benning is a genius.
Zedlee wrote: And the extention to Kesler....ridiculous. Kes is still a good player...but a 6 year deal for huge money? Made no sense to me
Kesler is a better player than Sutter right now... but is his bang-for-the-buck better than that of Sutter + McCann?

How about 3 years from now?

Answer: Benning is a genius. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!