Trade Proposal (NYI)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9597
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Get a room :?
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8756
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by SKYO » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:00 pm

Lloyd Braun wrote:Easy difficulties are for people who want all-star teams with minimal effort.
Sounds like all the Benning critics.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9597
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Mark my words - Dal Colle is a bust. They will regret not drafting Virtanen

Pulock is the Islanders best prospect, would love him but there is no way they are trading him

Barzal is the next Zach Hamil
:lol:
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 10975
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Barzal, must say is looking good.

Bennet will be joining Dal Colle soon, maybe Reinhart as well. Jake is looking great!

Griffin Reinhart for Barzal and Beauvellier

Gudbranson for McCann and Asplund

Who do you like? Gudbranson or Griffin Reinhart?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Benjo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:49 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Who do you like? Gudbranson or Griffin Reinhart?
Neither

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3056
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Jovocop » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 am

Benjo wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Who do you like? Gudbranson or Griffin Reinhart?
Neither
Why couldn't Gudbranson get some love? He is the only physical defenseman that the Canucks have and did a heck of a job.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4209
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:02 pm

I've flipped over to being a fan of EG. I see a much better player than I thought from watching him last year. He is pretty decent at moving the puck for a bigger dude.
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Lancer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:I've flipped over to being a fan of EG. I see a much better player than I thought from watching him last year. He is pretty decent at moving the puck for a bigger dude.
Not going to claim to be an analytics dude, but I don't see him as much different from Marc Methot - a physical defenceman who will not wow anybody with his skills but whose value is higher than the stats geeks would admit. Give Gudbranson some further development - he's still just 25 and has room to grow his game IMO - and he could be just as valuable as Methot evidently was to an Ottawa squad that made it to the Eastern Finals and who Dorion was loathe to part with at the expansion draft.

Chris Pronger, he ain't but he has undeniable value on a blueline not known for physicality. They can't all be smallish, skating puck-movers.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3056
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Jovocop » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Lancer wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:I've flipped over to being a fan of EG. I see a much better player than I thought from watching him last year. He is pretty decent at moving the puck for a bigger dude.
Not going to claim to be an analytics dude, but I don't see him as much different from Marc Methot - a physical defenceman who will not wow anybody with his skills but whose value is higher than the stats geeks would admit. Give Gudbranson some further development - he's still just 25 and has room to grow his game IMO - and he could be just as valuable as Methot evidently was to an Ottawa squad that made it to the Eastern Finals and who Dorion was loathe to part with at the expansion draft.

Chris Pronger, he ain't but he has undeniable value on a blueline not known for physicality. They can't all be smallish, skating puck-movers.
A lot of *fans*, *bloggers*, and *hockey analysts* only care about statistics. Unfortunately, hockey is a sport that cannot be 100% relied on statistics.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8165
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by rats19 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Lancer wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:I've flipped over to being a fan of EG. I see a much better player than I thought from watching him last year. He is pretty decent at moving the puck for a bigger dude.
Not going to claim to be an analytics dude, but I don't see him as much different from Marc Methot - a physical defenceman who will not wow anybody with his skills but whose value is higher than the stats geeks would admit. Give Gudbranson some further development - he's still just 25 and has room to grow his game IMO - and he could be just as valuable as Methot evidently was to an Ottawa squad that made it to the Eastern Finals and who Dorion was loathe to part with at the expansion draft.

Chris Pronger, he ain't but he has undeniable value on a blueline not known for physicality. They can't all be smallish, skating puck-movers.
A lot of *fans*, *bloggers*, and *hockey analysts* only care about statistics. Unfortunately, hockey is a sport that cannot be 100% relied on statistics.
Only 1 in 4 know that unfortunately :mex:
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 15976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Strangelove » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:46 pm

rats19 wrote: Only 1 in 4 know that unfortunately :mex:
The other 3... AKA "geeks"... want all GMs replaced by computers.

KICK THEM HARD
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 3480
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by micky107 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: Only 1 in 4 know that unfortunately :mex:
The other 3... AKA "geeks"... want all GMs replaced by computers.

KICK THEM HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVGM86XIilw

IMHO
"evolution"

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9597
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Lancer wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:I've flipped over to being a fan of EG. I see a much better player than I thought from watching him last year. He is pretty decent at moving the puck for a bigger dude.
Not going to claim to be an analytics dude, but I don't see him as much different from Marc Methot - a physical defenceman who will not wow anybody with his skills but whose value is higher than the stats geeks would admit. Give Gudbranson some further development - he's still just 25 and has room to grow his game IMO - and he could be just as valuable as Methot evidently was to an Ottawa squad that made it to the Eastern Finals and who Dorion was loathe to part with at the expansion draft.

Chris Pronger, he ain't but he has undeniable value on a blueline not known for physicality. They can't all be smallish, skating puck-movers.
A lot of *fans*, *bloggers*, and *hockey analysts* only care about statistics. Unfortunately, hockey is a sport that cannot be 100% relied on statistics.
I’m ok with him coming back somewhere in the low 4 million annually . I’ve seen some posters saying he will get 6 million a year. That would place him in the top 20 d men salary. Is that smart ?
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 15976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Strangelove » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Is that smart ?
Nope, they're dumb posters!

Dumb imaginary posters...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9597
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Proposal (NYI)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Jovocop is dumb and imaginary ? For Christ sakes Doc that’s one of your loyal sheep
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

Post Reply