2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:37 pm

nuckster wrote:Calgary has really done well in this draft; Tkachuk, trade for Elliott (goalie), an lots of picks in the 2nd and beyond.
Well I'm not a huge fan of Tkachuk.... but will concede he'll eventually be a Top-6 NHLer.

Elliot is 31 and has run hot-n-cold his entire career... his maximum over the past 5 seasons is 46 gms-played.

Calgary only had 2 late 2nds (Parsons - G + Dube - C).. just one pick per round thereafter + extra late 7th.

The Flames have a lot less than we do in the way of prospects... they will be a bubble team at best for all eternity.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:14 pm

I really hope you're right. If in fact Tkachuk is the real 'mckoy' as a first liner down the road, it'll be a reality that we will have to live with while hopefully being consoled by Juelevi's greatness! (I hope) :|
cc oldtimer

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:59 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I would have serious HFboard Benning hate like the Blob'IN crew if we don't walk out of this draft with one of Tkachuk or PLD. I'm sorry but we got bigger problems at forward once the 36 year old Sedins retire than we do at defence. Juolevi, Sergachyov and Chychrun are "maybe" top pairing D men while PLD and Tkachuk are pretty much guaranteed first line players.
:lol:
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I would have serious HFboard Benning hate like the Blob'IN crew if we don't walk out of this draft with one of Tkachuk or PLD. I'm sorry but we got bigger problems at forward once the 36 year old Sedins retire than we do at defence. Juolevi, Sergachyov and Chychrun are "maybe" top pairing D men while PLD and Tkachuk are pretty much guaranteed first line players.
Careful or people will start calling you doctor Blob.
The only HW the Canucks need

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:25 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Nice work, one of my favourites
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Genius... stoking some fires

Post by olpaddy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:09 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Nice work, one of my favourites
RoyalDude wrote:Don't know how credible the rumour mill out there is but if Dreger is correct in saying that our 5th pick is in play for help now because Benning wants to make the playoffs I will be that dude at Rogers Arena stoking the fires of "Fire Benning" chant.

If we don't walk out of this draft with one of Dubois or Tkachuk this management regime will go down as the worse regime since the regime of the mid eighties Cam Neely trade era.
There is gold in them there Hills 8-)

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:50 am

Nice work on the archiving Puddles. Gold. Luckily Genius doesn't listen to the fanbase
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Nice work on the archiving Puddles. Gold. Luckily Genius doesn't listen to the fanbase
Yeah they don’t need a guy like Tkachuk. We got Mackenzie Stewart coming
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:25 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Nice work on the archiving Puddles. Gold. Luckily Genius doesn't listen to the fanbase
Don't u worry Pacific Blue there is more where that came from... 8-)