2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by SKYO »

Back to the draft if we do trade down, this Sergachev fella is sounding like the best dman to pick.

Mikhail Sergachev of the Windsor Spitfires is the 2015-16 recipient of the Max Kaminsky Trophy awarded annually to the OHL’s Most Outstanding Defenceman of the Year.

Other notable Kaminksy winners since 2004 include:
Ekblad, Hamilton, Ellis, Muzzin, Doughty, Wisniewski.

Mikhail Sergachev was also a finalist for the CHL best dman of the year! Provorov won it this year.

Dubois won the top prospect, with Tkachuk and Bean finalists.

Alex Nylander wins rookie of the year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

SKYO wrote:Back to the draft if we do trade down, this Sergachev fella is sounding like the best dman to pick.

Mikhail Sergachev of the Windsor Spitfires is the 2015-16 recipient of the Max Kaminsky Trophy awarded annually to the OHL’s Most Outstanding Defenceman of the Year.

Other notable Kaminksy winners since 2004 include:
Ekblad, Hamilton, Ellis, Muzzin, Doughty, Wisniewski.

Mikhail Sergachev was also a finalist for the CHL best dman of the year! Provorov won it this year.

Dubois won the top prospect, with Tkachuk and Bean finalists.

Alex Nylander wins rookie of the year.
Hrmmmmm.....PLD or not PLD...no fack'n way we are trading down now or I join BD, Blab & INbred on the loser bandwagon train... :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hank wrote:Main Event Headliner: Blob/IN tag-team vs. Dude in a 3-way cage match. Cornered by UVIC Assoc. Prof Gillis & GM Elmer.

Co-Main Event: Mick/Fred vs. Spidey in a geriatric cane-fighting match. Guest referee Doc... also there to help them get back up and to provide oxygen.

Let's keep these battles separate, shall we? A six-way gangbang would be way too messy to keep score.
*dickeyOO0 runs away*

:hmmm:
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Benning knows more about hockey than anyone on this fucking board for damn sure despite all the knicker twisting going on from the usual suspects. He got us Boeser who is looking very good and I will give up a second and McCann for EG any day. The funny part of all this is how many of us have been whining for a tough top 4. Did you think the fucking tooth fairy would leave it under the pillow?

Whatever gets done on draft day our team will be closer to the Cup than it was the day before.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

damonberryman wrote:Benning knows more about hockey than anyone on this fucking board for damn sure despite all the knicker twisting going on from the usual suspects. He got us Boeser who is looking very good and I will give up a second and McCann for EG any day. The funny part of all this is how many of us have been whining for a tough top 4. Did you think the fucking tooth fairy would leave it under the pillow?

Whatever gets done on draft day our team will be closer to the Cup than it was the day before.
Right on Brotha! Benning for Prime Minister! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Arachnid on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Arachnid wrote:
damonberryman wrote:Benning knows more about hockey than anyone on this fucking board for damn sure despite all the knicker twisting going on from the usual suspects. He got us Boeser who is looking very good and I will give up a second and McCann for EG any day. The funny part of all this is how many of us have been whining for a tough top 4. Did you think the fucking tooth fairy would leave it under the pillow?

Right on Brotha! Banning for Prime Minister! :mrgreen:
Freudian....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote:- sigh -

Mickey - your not joining this one are you?
Not really. For the record though, I'd rather be entertained by the offensive skills of RNH,
as opposed to the 3rd line PK center icedog, but W/E.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Arachnid wrote:
Hank wrote:Main Event Headliner: Blob/IN tag-team vs. Dude in a 3-way cage match. Cornered by UVIC Assoc. Prof Gillis & GM Elmer.

Co-Main Event: Mick/Fred vs. Spidey in a geriatric cane-fighting match. Guest referee Doc... also there to help them get back up and to provide oxygen.

Let's keep these battles separate, shall we? A six-way gangbang would be way too messy to keep score.
*dickeyOO0 runs away*

:hmmm:
"not fucking likely, daddy dumb legs"
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:As tempting as it may seem to get a guy like Hartnell, I just can't for the life of me, justify plugging in a 34 year old into a roster spot and with what, I think, we are trying to do here, moving forwaerd. :?
Fredian....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
micky107 wrote:As tempting as it may seem to get a guy like Hartnell, I just can't for the life of me, justify plugging in a 34 year old into a roster spot and with what, I think, we are trying to do here, moving forwaerd. :?
Fredian....
OMG Doc. You crack me up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Back to the draft. The dude tried to derail the thread with his idiotic notion that RNH would be tough to move and completely crapped on another thread.

Skyo , why are you so determined to see the Canucks trade backwards in this draft? You've brought it up dozens of times now.For a team so lean on top end prospects why exactly do you want them to draft later and get a shittier prospect and a second rounder/ Granlund type player? It makes no fucking sense.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Skyo , why are you so determined to see the Canucks trade backwards in this draft? .
Because there are no dmen in the top 5...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ryan "The Huge" Nopkins.We all know how Blobbeeeee loves his big players and hates puny ones. The Huge is humungous, and deserving of his $6 million per. I mean why else would Nashville take Johansen when they were offered - The Huge for Seth Jones? They went with the damaged goods in Johansen instead, a player with concerns over the health of his heart. Blobbee would have taken the Huge instead
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Back to the draft.

Skyo , why are you so determined to see the Canucks trade backwards in this draft? You've brought it up dozens of times now.For a team so lean on top end prospects why exactly do you want them to draft later and get a shittier prospect and a second rounder/ Granlund type player? It makes no fucking sense.
We've beaten to death Tkachuk vs Dubois.

Just opening up discussions of possibilities that could happen.

If we do trade down we could still get a pretty good pick plus whatever else.

And yeah I'd be ok with Dubois or Tkachuk or better yet trading up for Puljujarvi.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

We suffered all year for the 5th overall pick. Benning shouldn't be trying to re-coup picks by taking a lesser prospect. Take the best guy there (Tkachuk or Dubois) and work to recover picks elsewhere. Unless someone drastically overpays I don't see any reason to move back. It's not like we're the Oilers, chalk full of young, talented players. We have needs at every position.