2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Holy shit blob where are you pulling these numbers from??
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:30 pm Holy shit blob where are you pulling these numbers from??
Out of his ass

Olaf is listed as 6’-3” 198lbs on the first 4 sites I checked including Utica Comets but Blob thinks that’s razor thin but that label is understandable when it’s coming from someone who is 5’-11” 250 lbs.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:30 pm Holy shit blob where are you pulling these numbers from??
They had him listed at 157 during the exhibition game I watched against the Czechs the other day

As I said I like him and he’s certainly competitive unlike Razor Thin Olaf. We need Hughes to pan out as we have little else in the defence pipeline other than him and maybe Jett Woo.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The roster for 2015/2016;
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/roster/2015

Have to admit on this occasion, BPA would have been better but the need on defense was going to be huge!
No winning this argument really.
I did want MT but understood why OJ. He looked freaking superb in that year with the Knights.
Looked like an even better pick when NT flocked off, eh?
Don't know how anyone would have predicted Oly's woes to date.

Considering the situation with that ugly draft, we're lucky to have got Lockwood, but again, shit luck with the shit injury.
Recovering nicely now though.

Big reality check time for Juolevi come next fall.
My guess is; make it or he flies home for good.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Geez Blob, did you not get a present?

Go out and enjoy Xmas. 7-11 is opened today. Treat yourself to a pack of gum or something.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Richard Stocker, Jack Hughes is listed at 5’10” - 157 lbs at Hockeydb

I’ve checked 6 sites now for Quinn all averaging 175 lbs. blob is either dyslexic, confusing Jack for Quinn or sticking with his Razor Thin shenanigans for all things Bennings draft picks

Blob the CC resident Canuck Fan Heckler
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:36 pm The roster for 2015/2016;

Have to admit on this occasion, BPA would have been better but the need on defense was going to be huge!
I did want MT but understood why OJ. He looked freaking superb in that year with the Knights.

Considering the situation with that ugly draft, we're lucky to have got Lockwood, but again, shit luck with the shit injury.

It never looked like a better pick. Ever. Razor Thin Olaf was carried by a great Knights team featuring Marner, Tkachuk and Domi. It’s understandable considering he was so light. Same thing happened on the great Finnish team with Poolparty, Laine, Rantanen and Aho. Razor thin Olaf was along for the ride.... like a kite
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:46 pm
micky107 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:36 pm The roster for 2015/2016;

It never looked like a better pick. Ever. Razor Thin Olaf was carried by a great Knights team featuring Marner, Tkachuk and Domi. It’s understandable considering he was so light. Same thing happened on the great Finnish team with Poolparty, Laine, Rantanen and Aho. Razor thin Olaf was along for the ride.... like a kite
Can still be deadly though;

Seriously he DID NOT look good the next year on the Knights, but loaded or not, he did in 15/16.
#1 power play unit and pretty much ran it a good part of the time.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Favourite memories of the first half of 2018

5’-10” 190 lb Max Domi beating the tar out of 6’-4” 220 lb Aaron Ekblad

Matthew Tkachuk Dropping to the ice turtling from Zack Kassian
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:19 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:13 pm Benning gets a pass by me for the OJ pick.

Having Boeser shine from the 23 hole more than makes up for it. Nevermind the petersson and hughes picks.

Drafting has been by far Bennings strongest attribute. Just hope the owners dont prematurely ejaculate him for someone flashier before he can add a few more gems
He gets a pass? It was a massive mistake actually. If there was a re draft Razor Thin Olaf would likely be a 2nd rounder.

I’m over the pick and agree Udell that drafting has been Bennings best attribute. Too bad he has made some putrid free agent signings and some bone headed trades. I wouldn’t gas him just yet either.

I like what I see of Hughes so far but he’s 157 pounds. I have yet to see a D man that tiny play in the NHL.
I was all pissed about it but life goes on and thw more recent picks have made me forget all about the finnish pipecleaner. I personally have never actually seen the kid show the kind of promise worthy of a top 5 pick but i also have never seen an NHL gm hit a homer on every at-bat.

Meh....hes won me over since so the page has been turnt.

As far as Hughes goes...this kid is a special talent. To me he looks strikingly similar to rats buddy JOHNNY_HOCKEY. He has unreal agililty and lateral moves. Hes the kind of talent that wont need to be thick much like JH and Petterssson for that matter.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:35 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:13 pm Benning gets a pass by me for the OJ pick.

Having Boeser shine from the 23 hole more than makes up for it. Nevermind the petersson and hughes picks.

Drafting has been by far Bennings strongest attribute. Just hope the owners dont prematurely ejaculate him for someone flashier before he can add a few more gems
He gets a pass? It was a massive mistake actually. If there was a re draft Razor Thin Olaf would likely be a 2nd rounder.

I’m over the pick and agree Udell that drafting has been Bennings best attribute. Too bad he has made some putrid free agent signings and some bone headed trades. I wouldn’t gas him just yet either.

I like what I see of Hughes so far but he’s 157 pounds. I have yet to see a D man that tiny play in the NHL.
I was all pissed about it but life goes on and thw more recent picks have made me forget all about the finnish pipecleaner. I personally have never actually seen the kid show the kind of promise worthy of a top 5 pick but i also have never seen an NHL gm hit a homer on every at-bat.

As far as Hughes goes...this kid is a special talent. To me he looks strikingly similar to rats buddy JOHNNY_HOCKEY. He has unreal agililty and lateral moves. Hes the kind of talent that wont need to be thick much like JH and Petterssson for that matter.
I’m totally over the 2016 draft blunder. I just enjoy correcting people like Dud when he carries on and on about it being the correct pick. I’m over Virtanen being taken in 2014 even though he probably wasn’t the correct pick. Fact he is trending towards being a pretty good hockey player. He’s put in the effort to get there and he has an edge and competitive streak which can’t be taught. Razor Thin Olaf is trending the opposite way to Shotgun Jake
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, Jake isn't razor thin. maybe Oli will work on it.
Right ?

"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There is the chance OJ comes back strong in the fall i guess. Hes not a kid anymore and might suprise who knows. Like you say it took Jake 4 years to find his game maybe Oly is the same and 2 straight years of serious injury setbacks could have that timeline being even longer.

It would sure piss us off if the canucks cut him loose only to have him find his game for another team
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:16 pm There is the chance OJ comes back strong in the fall i guess. Hes not a kid anymore and might suprise who knows. Like you say it took Jake 4 years to find his game maybe Oly is the same and 2 straight years of serious injury setbacks could have that timeline being even longer.

It would sure piss us off if the canucks cut him loose only to have him find his game for another team
They absolutely can’t cut him loose. If he can somehow pan out to be a 2nd pairing guy that would be amazing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:06 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:35 pm

I’m totally over the 2016 draft blunder.
:lol: which is why you keep bringing it up everyday since June of 2016. Oh yes, you’re cured alright