2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:52 pm The Duds played a few ot games that jacked up his ice time totals.
Such a lame-ass excuse there Mr Canuck-hater! :lol:

The Guds had the 11th highest minutes-per-game in the entire NHL that playoff season!

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:52 pm I can see why you’d avoid discussing the fact Hamonic has had ten seasons over 20 min per game while Dud has two.
Like I said, over the last 3 seasons there is only 1 minute per game difference between the two.

Like I said, Hamonic is two years older, has played more games (547 to the Guds 425)

You're trying to deflect by dredging up numbers from many years ago, when we were clearly talking about TODAY.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:52 pm Guds also got LIT THE FUCK UP when he was on the ice against Tavares in that lone series. I think JT hot ten points!!! :lol:
The Guds was only minus-2 after being assigned the shut-Tavares-down assignment.

Your best defenceman draws that assignment, Mr Gudbranson was Florida's best defenceman. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:lol: not even going to bother. ANYONE can research the facts. You choose to twist them into a knot and move the goalposts like a badminton net. I ain’t bitin

LOL at Cholla
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... aaaaaaand Blob bails on yet another debate whilst getting his ass handed to him on a silver platter.

HOW DOES IT TASTE BLOB!! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The day Cholla gets the better of Philoe

Will never happen

Thanks for the laughs Cholla
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Delusion, thy name is Blob.

Sad!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Players drafted in the first round after Olli playing in the NHL, AHL or elsewhere this season

6th - Tkachuk
7th - Keller
8th - Nylander (AHL)
9th - Sergachev
10th - Jost (AHL) just demoted
11th - Brown (AHL)
12th - McLeod ((AHL)
13th - Bean (AHL)
14th - McAvoy
15th - Kunin (21 games AHL/18 NHL)
16th - Chychrun
17th - Fabbro - College
18th - Stanley - (AHL)
19th - Bellows (AHL)
20th - Cholowski
21st - Gauthier (AHL)
22nd - Rubtsov (AHL)
23rd - Borgstrom (24 games AHL/16 NHL)
24th - Jones (AHL)
25th - Tuffte - College
26th - Thompson
27th - Howden
28th - Johansen (AHL)
29th - Frederic (AHL)
30th - Steel (AHL)

Only 8 players selected after Juolevi in the first round playing “full time” in the NHL

Tkachuk - 24 goals 32 assists 49 games
Keller - 10 goals 23 assists 47 games
Sergachev - 2 goals 16 assists 46 games
McAvoy - 1 goal 11 assists 21 games
Chychrun - 3 goals 7 assists 29 games
Cholowski - 7 goals 9 assists 47 games
Thompson - 6 goals 4 assists 41 games
Howden - 4 goals 11 assists 46 games
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who cares?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Olli Juolevi will be a player. He was playing well after off season back surgery and unfortunately his great development this season was cut short due to season ending knee surgery. The majority of his first round draft class is on the same trajectory. Yes Tkachuk, Keller and McAvoy would have been the better choice (drafting is a crap shoot) but in time Olli will prove to be as good as the other 5 first round draft mates currently playing in the NHL.

Still not sold on Keller as a “star player” he’s tailed off this season. The hype has settled on Sergachev.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Razor Thin Olaf was not playing well. He had a bunch of PP points and was playing sheltered minutes on the bottom pairing. He was getting lit up defensively
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 am Razor Thin Olaf was not playing well. He had a bunch of PP points and was playing sheltered minutes on the bottom pairing.
Not true, but it fits your narrative. You play in that sandbox, Johnny.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 am Razor Thin Olaf was not playing well. He had a bunch of PP points and was playing sheltered minutes on the bottom pairing.
Theres no narrative. He was struggling in Utica. Why was he 6th among D men in average ice time?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:22 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 am
Theres no narrative. He was struggling in Utica. Why was he 6th among D men in average ice time?
Blobbee’s Narrative ^^^^

No he wasn’t struggling in his rookie pro season in North America. He was making great strides prior to the knee injury, apparently the knee had been bothering him for some time, but Blob goes blind to Olli’s two surgeries (back and knee) within 6 months of each other

Keep crashing those tonka toy trucks into each other, Johnny. Make loud explosion noises.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why was he getting the least amount of ice time for D men?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BTW, leading up to the draft - Blobbee Tonka Toy made a few posts regarding his preference for Benning to draft Jake Bean with the 1st pick.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:28 am Why was he getting the least amount of ice time for D men?
Rookie pro season North America. The AHL is not an easy league

Jake Bean - 6’ - 170 lbs. Blobbee wanted this guy

Ollie Juolevi - 6’-3” 198 lbs