2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:32 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:28 am

Jake Bean - 6’ - 170 lbs. Blobbee wanted this guy

I wanted Tkachuk
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:38 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:32 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:28 am

Jake Bean - 6’ - 170 lbs. Blobbee wanted this guy

I wanted Tkachuk
You said nothing with regards to Jake Bean?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Olli - 1 goal 11 assists - 18 games this season. Utica has played 44 games. Olli was tracking 3 goals 29 assists in 44 games with a wonky knee

Jake Bean - 6’ - 170 lbs. Blob went to bat for this guy.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

When in doubt make shit up
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s a bigger stretch

Drafting Hodgson 10th overall and not drafting Karlsson (Karlsson was drafted 5 spots later - 15th overall)

Or

Drafting Juolevi 5th overall and not drafting McAvoy (McAvoy was drafted 8 spots later - 14th overall)

Blobbee Tonka Truck in many occasions has said Bennnng should have drafted McAvoy instead of Olli. While at the same time calling it a “stretch” coming to his Boi - Gillis’ Defence on why he didn’t draft Norris trophy winner - Karlsson.

Remember the Canucks just lost their only blue chip prospect - Bourdon a month prior and had centres - 23 year old Kesler and 27 year old Sedin locking up the top 2 centre positions for a long time.

Prior to drafting Olli, the Canucks drafted two wingers in the previous two first rounds and hadn’t drafted a d-man in the first round since -?Bourdon
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am When in doubt make shit up
It’s true you were a big fan of Bean - 6’ - 170 lbs. why deny? Its no big deal brah, just thought I’d mention, it’s what happens when drafting teenagers
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:09 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am When in doubt make shit up
It’s true you were a big fan of Bean - 6’ - 170 lbs. why deny? Its no big deal brah, just thought I’d mention, it’s what happens when drafting teenagers
Provide proof
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:07 am What’s a bigger stretch

Drafting Hodgson 10th overall and not drafting Karlsson (Karlsson was drafted 5 spots later - 15th overall)

Or

Drafting Juolevi 5th overall and not drafting McAvoy (McAvoy was drafted 8 spots later - 14th overall)

Blobbee Tonka Truck in many occasions has said Bennnng should have drafted McAvoy instead of Olli. While at the same time calling it a “stretch” coming to his Boi - Gillis’ Defence on why he didn’t draft Norris trophy winner - Karlsson.

Remember the Canucks just lost their only blue chip prospect - Bourdon a month prior and had centres - 23 year old Kesler and 27 year old Sedin locking up the top 2 centre positions for a long time.

Prior to drafting Olli, the Canucks drafted two wingers in the previous two first rounds and hadn’t drafted a d-man in the first round since -?Bourdon
I think the entire board knows I wanted the guy Calgary picked who’s on pace for 94 points.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am

Or

I think the entire board knows I wanted the guy Calgary picked who’s on pace for 94 points.
You never spoke highly of Jake 6’ - 170 lbs Bean?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Karlsson was ranked in the 20s.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:12 am

Or

Six months before his draft I posted that he looked like a top 5 pick. Since then nada. Yeah I was really a massive fan. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob - was it a stretch not drafting Karlsson, or even Tyler Myers while instead drafting Hodgson?

The reason I asked, you have brought up many times McAvoy and how Benning should have drafted him instead of Juolevi
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:16 am Blob - was it a stretch not drafting Karlsson, or even Tyler Myers while instead drafting Hodgson?

The reason I asked, you have brought up many times McAvoy and how Benning should have drafted him instead of Juolevi
Hodgson was a bad pick at 10.

Juolevi was a terrible pick at 5. I wanted the guy Calgary picked. Said so at the time and many times after.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:14 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:12 am

Or

Six months before his draft I posted that he looked like a top 5 pick. Since then nada. Yeah I was really a massive fan. :lol:
So the scouts rankings are never stagnant you say?

Did you not just rag on me for listening to the scouts regarding Jack Wise whom at one point the scouts had claimed him to be the leading 1st overall pick candidate for the 2018 draft? Him and Veleno?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I didn’t rag on you for anything. I think it’s fucking hilarious that you like pretty much every player ranked in the top 100 leading up to a draft and then flip flop a thousand times and claim you always liked the guy they picked.