2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What the fuck is going on in Anaheim? How is the coach and GM there still employed. Wow. Last in the western conference and closing in on the halfway point of the season. The Canucks are guaranteed a playoff spot if they keep it up. So long top 5 pick hello pick between 15th and 20th

Watch Anaheim win the Matthews sweepstakes. Lol
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

If Vancouver makes the playoffs with 84 points it would be funny to see them lose four in a row and get blasted in the first round .

This is a draft pick thread Dude and as Rummy says anything less than a top 5 pick is a total failure . Unless of course they win 2 rounds and unless they are going to the AHL that's pretty much impossible with this scabby roster .
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Woke up this morning, and spit my coffee out when I saw we're back in playoff position.

And one point out of 2nd in the division.

And in the bottom third of the League, with all teams having games in hand.

I'd say the likely range of picks is 5th-15th. If they make the playoffs, it will be with the worst record amongst playoff teams. If they miss, they'll be in the bottom-10 teams if not the absolute basement.

So we get to cheer for wins and for losses!
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

I just can't see Anaheim sucking like this for the entire season.

When Johnson and Richards were canned I thought for sure Boudreau would be next in line, and quickly.

That team has way too much talent for what's happening there, and it's not unlike what happened in Washington where the Caps dove off a cliff after being shit hot for so many seasons.

Bruce B's teams are notoriously poor defensively it seems, and this time around they can't score their way out of a paper bag either.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Boudreau sucks. He looked like a bonafide retard on 24/7.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:What the fuck is going on in Anaheim?
The genius fucked them over.

So glad we're not the ones paying Kesler $6,875M til 2022 and his late 30s.

So glad we're not the ones paying Bieksa $4M til 2018 and his late 30s.

LOL... $11M on those two beat-up over-the-hillers on a team with an internal cap!

Yeah, that's gonna fuckup your on-ice product...

Murray is such a fool, didn't he realize Ryan + Kev are nothing without the 3rd amigo?

Alex Burrows for 2017 2nd round pick. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: The genius fucked them over.

So glad we're not the ones paying Kesler $6,875M til 2022 and his late 30s.

So glad we're not the ones paying Bieksa $4M til 2018 and his late 30s.

LOL... $11M on those two beat-up over-the-hillers on a team with an internal cap!

Yeah, that's gonna fuckup your on-ice product...

Murray is such a fool, didn't he realize Ryan + Kev are nothing without the 3rd amigo?

Alex Burrows for 2017 2nd round pick. :mex:
LMAO...and apparenlty according to some wise men - Benning is the idiot. You see the suckage that Lack is experiencing in Carolina? LOLOLOL

What about Bonino, I wish we had him back....NOT!
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Say whatever you want about Kesler and co but don't bash Bieksa. Dude was a warrior for us and bled blue and green.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Even if Anaheim miraculously wakes up, we still only have San jose, Calgary, Arizon and Edmonton to deal with for the 3rd playoff spot in the Pacific Division. I say the Canucks stand a very, very good chance of making the playoffs. Wouldn't that be funny. The Central Division teams must be loving the Pacific Division teams right now. LOL

No way we are getting close to a top 5 pick. I predict we are picking 19th overall in 2016. The last half of the schedule definitely favours the Canucks and by then, we should be getting Sutter, Hamhius and Luc "RUINED MY LIFE!" Sbisa by then and don't forget Jake the Snake who was named player of the game today, scoring 2 goals. Benning just keeps on winning! Who is this guy?
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:Say whatever you want about Kesler and co but don't bash Bieksa. Dude was a warrior for us and bled blue and green.
I like Bieksa, big fan of his, but stick a fork in him, he was done two seasons ago. He had a good run, but better he ends his shite years elsewhere and we only remember the good parts. Still struggling to get over his horridness against the Flames in the playoffs last year. REJOICE, he helped us get Sutter, baby!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Please stop this Jake the Snake thing before it catches on. :scowl:
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Rumsfeld wrote:Say whatever you want about Kesler and co but don't bash Bieksa. Dude was a warrior for us and bled blue and green.
Yah, I loved Bieksa and his smirk. Guy seemed like a great team mate. If Kesler never scored another goal, I would be happy as a pickton pig.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

I know this to be true - I saw it all over Ferland's fists during the playoffs.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This Gauthier can skate for a freak show behemoth. 6'4" - 225 lbs. I like him more than Lawson Crouse. Seems to have better offencsive instincts. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if we drafted him

Team canada dropped the ball by cutting Chyvhrun. Our D was atrocious against the U.S. Can't do any worse. That McKeown is awful and real glad we didn't draft Fleury
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

sk8er wrote:
Yah, I loved Bieksa and his smirk. Guy seemed like a great team mate. If Kesler never scored another goal, I would be happy as a pickton pig.
The 'pig' remark may be one of the classless posts of the year. That is saying something on this thread. I don't think even Blob would be this gross but I could be wrong.