Canucks land Brandon Sutter and 3rd round pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: Canucks land Brandon Sutter and 3rd round pick

Post by SKYO » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Tciso wrote:
ESQ wrote:Sutter is better by every advanced stat than Bonino this season, and playing way more minutes than Bonino, and has basically identical offensive production than Bones. The advanced stats have improved dramatically from his Pitt days.

What Bones has is a much more cap-friendly contract with term, and an improbable hit of post-season chemistry with Kessel.

What I don't understand is how Bones signed a 3 year deal at $1.9/year after scoring 22 goals and 49 points the previous season. Those numbers deserves closer to $4 million, which is what I expect he'll get now.
One guy comes to mind, the Anaheim Ducks assistant GM David McNab whose 6'6 and the teams primary contract negotiator + salary cap expert.

The Ducks have an internal cap and McNab is a pretty cheap bastard, got low cap hits from Bonino and Rakell, but his toughest deals so far were Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan before he met his match with Claude Lemieux and his client Hampus Lindholm...which should bode well for Lemieux!
https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-si ... -283142658
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 pm

ESQ wrote:Sutter is better by every advanced stat than Bonino this season, and playing way more minutes than Bonino, and has basically identical offensive production than Bones. The advanced stats have improved dramatically from his Pitt days.

What Bones has is a much more cap-friendly contract with term, and an improbable hit of post-season chemistry with Kessel.

Sutter's contract is looking better and better with each passing UFA season, and is perfectly reasonable for a useful, 35-40 point centre. David Backes got $6 mil x5 years, coming off a 45-point season, and is 5 years older and is on pace for 40 points this year.

If it winds up being Sutter and Sbisa being exposed, I'm fairly confident Sutter will be taken.

While I'm fine with Sutter, Granlund's emergence may have made him redundant.
Sutter plays 20 min a game with pp time. Glen Cochrane could score 30 points a year with that ice time. Sutter averages 32 points a year , is one of the softest players to ever lace up the blades , gets manhandled all over the ice and can't pass the puck to save his life. At 2.5 million playing 12-14 minutes a night and wining a few face offs r/h while scoring 25 points , nobody would complain.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:07 am

RoyalDude wrote:Couturier scored 15 goals and had 22 assists last year. The year before he had 13 goals and 26 assists. He is 6'3" tall, same as Sutter but is 7 lbs heavier. Never has had more than 45 PIMs in his 3 NHL seasons. Like Meds said, the only difference - age. However Couturier will make more money than Sutter in the last 3 years of his contract. Cap hits are nearly identical

Long and short of it - Blobby has another blood stain in his white jeans
Lol Sutter vs Couturier

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:15 am

Coutourier is having a nice breakout season after averaging 15 goals 20 assists in his previous 5 seasons. With the acception of Cotouriers season this year him and Sutter were averaging similar numbers.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 am

RoyalDude wrote:Coutourier is having a nice breakout season after averaging 15 goals 20 assists in his previous 5 seasons. With the acception of Cotouriers season this year him and Sutter were averaging similar numbers.
He was drafted four years after Sutter. He had better junior numbers and is a far more skilled hockey player. One has averaged 40 points over his career while the other guy has averaged 30. Those aren’t similar numbers

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:23 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Coutourier is having a nice breakout season after averaging 15 goals 20 assists in his previous 5 seasons. With the acception of Cotouriers season this year him and Sutter were averaging similar numbers.
He was drafted four years after Sutter. He had better junior numbers and is a far more skilled hockey player. One has averaged 40 points over his career while the other guy has averaged 30. Those aren’t similar numbers
Lol, give RD hid due credit, keeps coming to bat and strikes out badly.

RD have you ever been correct on anything?

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:29 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Yeah Bibbles, Coutourier is looking good this season so what. In his draft year at points he was ranked to go top 3 and at some points held the number one ranking, he's having a good year and is proving that he should have gone top 3. Hope it lasts for him
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

The dim witted ankle biter returns, holy shit batman is Raffles ever an idiot

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:41 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

The dim witted ankle biter returns, holy shit batman is Raffles ever an idiot
Lol, you are a riot.

Cue your puppeteer.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:45 am

My ankles are under attack!!!

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:18 pm

RoyalDude wrote:My ankles are under attack!!!
trying to find your brains.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:My ankles are under attack!!!
trying to find your brains.
Well, what can I say? :stupid:

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Anyone else find it amazing how these 2 can pick up an arguement from MONTHS ago, and start at it full tilt like yesterday?!??

Uncanny.. it's like they are (were?) married or something...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:Anyone else find it amazing how these 2 can pick up an arguement from MONTHS ago, and start at it full tilt like yesterday?!??

Living in a fishbowl
You are who you hang with.....

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:23 pm

rats19 wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:Anyone else find it amazing how these 2 can pick up an arguement from MONTHS ago, and start at it full tilt like yesterday?!??

Living in a fishbowl
it is not me he is talking about.