Kassian traded to Habs...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Kassian traded to Habs...

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Kassian is stoked about going to Montreal, his dad's favourite team. Says he is lost for words and can't wait to get going. He is thrilled and can't really say what went wrong in Vancouver. Boy does he sound happy to be outta here.
I can't blame him . I hope he scores 50 points and sticks it up Bennings and Desjardins ass. But hey Willies boy Vey is still here to fill in as a power forward . This management team is a joke .
No shit.

So we give up the younger player, who is more talented, for a 31 year old 4th liner making $2.5M. AND we give up the 5th rounder?

Just a terrible trade on every level.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

So, it is starting to sound like we gave up the 5th. Ouch! if we got a 5th too, I would be fine with this trade.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just a reminder to the bed pissers, what we got in return is the guage on what Kassians market value was. Obviously if Benning could have gotten more he would have

Hodgson and Kassian are suited for each other. At least we didn't lose financially like the Sabres
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Prust and Dorsett is a pretty scrappy combination, both guys can play decent hockey for being two of the leagues busiest scrappers
Two fourth-line wingers for a combined $5.1M.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Just a reminder to the bed pissers, what we got in return is the guage on what Kassians market value was. Obviously if Benning could have gotten more he would have

Hodgson and Kassian are suited for each other. At least we didn't lose financially like the Sabres
Or once again Ignitowski got ass rammed in a trade . Has he won one yet ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote:This reeks of the Canucks wanting to bring in more youth than we expect and want to surround them with a Luther presence in Prust.

Prust and Dorsett is a pretty scrappy combination, both guys can play decent hockey for being two of the leagues busiest scrappers
Jake is coming... Pacific Blue take Blobs shoelaces away from him and talk him off the ledge Zack Kassian is closer to Brad Isbister than Lucic Prust is Heart and Soul Character guy and if you want youth quality people have to be around youth... Do you want Virtanen around Prust and Dorsett or Kassian???
Klatt
CC Rookie

Post by Klatt »

Prust is character, good to have around the young kids. Kassian is not character. This is good for long term.

I'm sure Prust can be dealt as a solid playoff guy at the deadline for some decent return, e.g. 2nd/3rd.
A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
All our words from loose using have lost their edge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Don't love this trade.

If the idea is to tank, fine.
If the idea is to get rid of the negative attitude, laziness, etc. and not have the youth exposed to it, fine.
Even Prust for Kassian straight-up? Ok, I guess.

But to throw in a 5th too?

What the hell?!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

olpaddy wrote:Do you want Virtanen around Prust and Dorsett or Kassian???
Kassian is still a kid himself. Why wouldn't the Canucks surround him with heart and soul guys as well?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Or once again Ignitowski got ass rammed in a trade . Has he won one yet ?

This is a terrible trade for Vancouver, older, less talented, more expensive... maybe the draft pick was compensation for the reach-around.

What was all that "need to transition" and "guys in the early-20's age group" talk?
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Agree with the above posters, I get the idea of bring Prust in as a mentor for the young guys coming up, but why give up the 5th? Just don't get this trade.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya, fuck me. Canucks press release confirms Kassian and our 5th to Montreal for 31 year old Branden Prust and his 2.5 million contract.

Obviously Kassian had no value. Canucks got me. All the post season talk of being happy with his commitment this off season.

Hockey Wife's will be better off if he breaks off with his French Canadian biach.

Well Prust will play they wanted Kassian to play and they clear the right side for Jake.

Still can't believe this trade.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

lol - don't know what to expect from this team anymore.

When you have coaches like WD and AV playing their favorites all the time and not developing prospects we are doomed. Frack WD and his love boys.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well at least Prust kills penalties. LOL
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
theman wrote:Apparently it is for Brandon Prust and a 5th
Please tell me you're kidding
LMAO!!!

Even RD is blown away by this.....first time that him and Blobby (and me) are all on the same page at the same time.

BENNING IS A FUCKING RETARD!