Kassian traded to Habs...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Re: Kassian traded to Habs...

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:22 pm

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
rikster wrote:
I'll give Benning credit that he's not afraid to admit mistakes (Vey on Waivers, dealing Bonino and Clendenning after targetting them), I just wish he'd stop making them in the first place
The bonus with Benning is that he doesn't seem to be afraid to admit a mistake ...
What I said.
Oh how the flips flop. Today has been an absolute laugh watching the urine crew cinch up their depends.
IN is having a hard time sucking it up and owning it. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. He's either really stubborn or just plain Zack Kassian thick.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:30 pm

^Maybe IN is "afraid to admit he made a mistake". :mrgreen:

It wasn't a "mistake" to trade a 5th + problem-child just-out-of-Stage-One Cap-dump Kassian.... for Prust.

That should be clear by now.

Speaking of "Benning mistakes".. most of what folks call "Benning mistakes" are more like "calculated gambles".

Hey, he likes to roll the dice.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...

... and contrary to the Benning-hater narrative, apparently he's not afraid to acknowledge "Snake Eyes"

(yes, Linden Vey's new nickname is "Snake Eyes"!) :mrgreen:

But back on the Kassian topic, time for those who mocked the trade to say:

"OOPS, SORRY LORD BENNING!!"

Start eating crow mammyrammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Wow, Kass wore an A that game. I know it's pre-season and all, but not bad for the new guy on the team. I couldn't see that ever happening here, especially under Uncle Willies. :P
I hear Zack is wearing a shirt with two "A"s now. :(

Or is that one "N" + one "A"? :cry:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Well, he has been known to be a powder forward.

5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by 5thhorseman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 pm

He's gone off the rails now, I suppose.

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:46 pm

SKYO wrote:Well Kass hopefully gets the help he needs now..
@FriedgeHNIC NHL/NHLPA announce Zack Kassian placed on Stage 2 of Substance Abuse program. Suspended without pay until cleared by doctors
Strangelove wrote: I hear Zack is wearing a shirt with two "A"s now. :(

Or is that one "N" + one "A"? :cry:
Man, feel bad for my Kassassian. Hopefully he takes this seriously and get his life turned around.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:29 am

At least he avoids being waived or bought out. Entering stage 2 keeps him a Hab.

MB confirmed in his presser that he and the Habs were very aware of the problems with Zack before they made the trade and confirmed that he was spoken to in very, very clear terms about expectations and boundaries. This explains his huge disappointment and frustration when this news first broke. Habs get stuck with his cap, so much for the cap they said by dumping Prust as they gave to add someone yo the roster to replace Kassian. MB very frustrated at this too.

Gotta think when he is cleared to play it will be his last chance.
The only HW the Canucks need

paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:21 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
rikster wrote:
I'll give Benning credit that he's not afraid to admit mistakes (Vey on Waivers, dealing Bonino and Clendenning after targetting them), I just wish he'd stop making them in the first place
The bonus with Benning is that he doesn't seem to be afraid to admit a mistake ...
What I said.
Oh how the flips flop. Today has been an absolute laugh watching the urine crew cinch up their depends.
IN is having a hard time sucking it up and owning it. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. He's either really stubborn or just plain Zack Kassian thick.
Is Blob on suicide watch as well??? he loved him some stage 1 Zack Kassian haven't heard how he feels about the Stage2 Zack....
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:19 am

paddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:Oh how the flips flop. Today has been an absolute laugh watching the urine crew cinch up their depends.
Is Blob on suicide watch as well??? he loved him some stage 1 Zack Kassian haven't heard how he feels about the Stage2 Zack....
Stage 1 released, Stage 2 engaged, there's a rocket in Blobby's pocket.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 am

paddy wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
What I said.
IN is having a hard time sucking it up and owning it. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. He's either really stubborn or just plain Zack Kassian thick.[/quote]

Is Blob on suicide watch as well??? he loved him some stage 1 Zack Kassian haven't heard how he feels about the Stage2 Zack....[/quote]

I think most of us knew there could have been issues away from the rink . Obviously I was surprised they were at this level. Hey what can I say I like guys who play with an edge and actually tip the scales at over 200 pounds . Some folks like Topper are huge Linden Vey fans despite the fact he's horrible and has the strength and size of a jockey . Kassian is his own worst enemy and you hope as a human being he can ditch the Bolivian marching powder and get his life together .
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 am

Gary Valk was asked yesterday were there guys like Zack when you were playing who managed to straighten their lives out and go on to have a good NHL career and he said "no".

If you know guys like Zack in your personal life you realize that these guys are in a life long battle as addiction to this lifestyle never goes away, it's just managed 24/7 with discipline for the rest of your life. The devil on your shoulder never stops whispering in your ear.

Gary Valk made a good point that Zack has never had to work hard as he is a physical specimen with God given talent, pretty much the frustration Kesler voiced about Zack, so he never took his craft seriously. Got to wonder if losing his Dad early in life had an affect on him. Lost that fatherly figure at an impressionable age. I don't think so. Most, party town addicts I know came from very good upbringings. Too much money too young for dudes who like to party hard.

I think what's being missed in the Zack trade to Montreal was getting rid of Zack's influence with all these impressionable good young rookies coming into the lineup over the next few years. I think that was key, as Trevor and Jim keep saying they want to surround these kids with good professional veterans with good attitudes and work ethic. This organization did all it could for Zack, Jim Benning Keeps going on about that. It's nothing new for Zack, there will always be a GM tempted by his potential, but his nine lives are running out.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:50 am

Derek Sanderson, one of the greatest PK players of all time.

We all know party animals, some can time their partying so as not to interfere with work, other can't. Some can function. some can't.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 am

Topper wrote:Derek Sanderson, one of the greatest PK players of all time.

We all know party animals, some can time their partying so as not to interfere with work, other can't. Some can function. some can't.

Tis a shame, but what is one to do?

ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:00 am

Strangelove wrote:^Maybe IN is "afraid to admit he made a mistake". :mrgreen:

It wasn't a "mistake" to trade a 5th + problem-child just-out-of-Stage-One Cap-dump Kassian.... for Prust.

That should be clear by now.

Speaking of "Benning mistakes".. most of what folks call "Benning mistakes" are more like "calculated gambles".

Hey, he likes to roll the dice.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...

... and contrary to the Benning-hater narrative, apparently he's not afraid to acknowledge "Snake Eyes"

(yes, Linden Vey's new nickname is "Snake Eyes"!) :mrgreen:

But back on the Kassian topic, time for those who mocked the trade to say:

"OOPS, SORRY LORD BENNING!!"

Start eating crow mammyrammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Now if I could just get you to vote NDP...

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Benning said today that Zachary was in stage 1 before he (Benning) got here. So under MG's watch. He also said they did everything they could to help Zach and get him the help he needed but in the end it is up to the individual to buy in. Said he was very frank with Montreal and Montreal was well aware of Zach's history. It was hard to move him.

The Canucks were committed to having good character guys, on and off the ice, to help nurture all the kids in the organization. They obviously didn't want his influence rubbing off on the younger kids.

Zach has potential but has never had to work at it, always dominated at every level. I hope for his sake he gets it turned around.
The only HW the Canucks need