Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11950
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol Boston got a putrid return for Hamilton and then took a huge crap on the draft floor with those rotten selections .
Yeah. They did great with Lucic. The Hamilton thing is baffling. The draft picks (Zboril aside) were shocking.
The more I read about DeBrusk and Senyshyn the more I like but, like Ray Ferraro says it's about volume with drafting, it will always be hit and miss outside the top 10 but the more picks you have the better your chances of hitting a homerun
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
herb
CC Legend
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by herb » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol Boston got a putrid return for Hamilton and then took a huge crap on the draft floor with those rotten selections .
They definitely made someodd picks, but every pick is a lottery ticket.

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7942
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:32 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol Boston got a putrid return for Hamilton and then took a huge crap on the draft floor with those rotten selections .
Yeah. They did great with Lucic. The Hamilton thing is baffling. The draft picks (Zboril aside) were shocking.
The more I read about DeBrusk and Senyshyn the more I like but, like Ray Ferraro says it's about volume with drafting, it will always be hit and miss outside the top 10 but the more picks you have the better your chances of hitting a homerun
Then why not trade down? DeBrusk likely could've been had around 20, and Senshysyn might've gone in the 2nd round. Teams were paying huge premiums (San Jose) to trade up a couple spots.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11950
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:36 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol Boston got a putrid return for Hamilton and then took a huge crap on the draft floor with those rotten selections .
Yeah. They did great with Lucic. The Hamilton thing is baffling. The draft picks (Zboril aside) were shocking.
The more I read about DeBrusk and Senyshyn the more I like but, like Ray Ferraro says it's about volume with drafting, it will always be hit and miss outside the top 10 but the more picks you have the better your chances of hitting a homerun
Then why not trade down? DeBrusk likely could've been had around 20, and Senshysyn might've gone in the 2nd round. Teams were paying huge premiums (San Jose) to trade up a couple spots.
You asking me? I don't know. Why did Dallas take Guryanov much higher than where the hockey media type draft prospect rankers ranked him whom hockey fans seem to consider as gospel. Good question, sorry I don't have an answer.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7942
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:39 am

RoyalDude wrote: You asking me? I don't know. Why did Dallas take Guryanov much higher than where the hockey media type draft prospect rankers whom hockey fans seem to consider as gospel. Good question, sorry I don't have an answer.
lol not asking you specifically, dude. More just a general pondering of why reach for guys that you would likely be able to snag later. Unless Sweeney had some intel that someone else was going to jump at them, looking at the guys that went later, I kind of doubt it.

Boston likely could've had DeBrusk and Seneshysynyn as well as a couple extra draft picks.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11428
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:48 am

Yeah those picks were out of left field by the Bruins . I would have burned one of those picks on Konecny myself . I'm a little disappointed Vancouver didn't take him but I don't hate the Boeser pick
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11950
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah those picks were out of left field by the Bruins . I would have burned one of those picks on Konecny myself . I'm a little disappointed Vancouver didn't take him but I don't hate the Boeser pick
I'm on the fence with Konecny cause of his size, he's the same size as jordan Schroeder, but if he turns into a Tyler Johnson or a Brenden Gallagher I'll be pissed. I would have been happy taking Konecny but I am happy with Boeser too. Boeser and Virtanen give us good size and skill on RW. If Kassian gets his shit together our RW looks pretty damn intimidating, hell if this giant Grenier continues to shock with his development we could have the biggest and formidable RW in the NHL
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by BurningBeard » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:Then why not trade down?
That was my issue with the picks too - it didn't make sense. I'm sure it didn't make many fans happy considering what they gave up. They could have probably turned two of their firsts into high seconds with a third or forth tossed in. They could have probably turned 3 picks into 5 and still gotten all the players they wanted.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3971
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:19 am

Like any business hockey is all about $$$.

It wouldn't surprise me that >80% of the rumours are generated by the NHL head office to select few reporters. NHL wants to keep the brand in front of their fans as much as possible so they don't lose the group that can take it or leave it. Like any good salesman they need to constantly get in front of their clients to make a sale.

Also a good salesman is someone who talks a lot but dosent promise anything,

Right now Benning and Linden are talking out of both sides of their mouth, they are trying to pacify the fickle fans who only watch the team when they are doing well. They talk about the team being able to re-tool on the fly and they will give prospects a chance to play. I think this is hard to do as WD will be measured on making the playoffs instead of developing players.

The team really has to make a decision and stick with it, don't be wishy washy and try to pacify the ticket holders. Maybe the Aqua family needs to relax their ticket prices a little so more people can afford to attract more people to the game. Supply and demand and right now this team is old and they missed a good chance to make trades a few seasons ago.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9881
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Topper » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:The problem though is that a rebuild gets old fast.there will be a short fuse on paitience. People will say blow it up, tank, get on with it but interest will dwindle quickly until the team is competitive again and then the bandwagon fills up.
Exactly, who's showing up when the team is 15 games out in January and the concession staff is facing layoffs.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7942
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The problem though is that a rebuild gets old fast.there will be a short fuse on paitience. People will say blow it up, tank, get on with it but interest will dwindle quickly until the team is competitive again and then the bandwagon fills up.
Exactly, who's showing up when the team is 15 games out in January and the concession staff is facing layoffs.
We might get to find out!

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by ESQ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: The quicker you blow it up, the quicker you bounce back.
LoL nope, even with your fave team the Oilers in 10 years of tanking, maybe they got it right...
But I see every team smashing the shit out of this team for tanking so much now.

Like fuck you for sucking this long to get a high pick, like KimK.
The problem with the Oilers for the last 10 years prior to Chiarelli was Kevin Lowe, pure idiot. Most teams who have gone full rebuild usually only mired in the dungeons of the league for 2-3 years. I have some faith in the bird dog scout Benning and dapper Linden not going full Kevin Lowe dumb ass for 10 years.
All due respect to Ray Ferraro, name one team who was quick into a rebuild and quick out of it.

Pittsburgh? 5 years of picking in the top 5
Chicago? They went a decade out of the playoffs
Edmonton? A decade and counting...

The only team that comes to mind is the Flyers, they went full-tank mode after an awful start and thought the re-build would be fast. They've now missed the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years.

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7942
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:12 pm

ESQ wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: The quicker you blow it up, the quicker you bounce back.
LoL nope, even with your fave team the Oilers in 10 years of tanking, maybe they got it right...
But I see every team smashing the shit out of this team for tanking so much now.

Like fuck you for sucking this long to get a high pick, like KimK.
The problem with the Oilers for the last 10 years prior to Chiarelli was Kevin Lowe, pure idiot. Most teams who have gone full rebuild usually only mired in the dungeons of the league for 2-3 years. I have some faith in the bird dog scout Benning and dapper Linden not going full Kevin Lowe dumb ass for 10 years.
All due respect to Ray Ferraro, name one team who was quick into a rebuild and quick out of it.

Pittsburgh? 5 years of picking in the top 5
Chicago? They went a decade out of the playoffs
Edmonton? A decade and counting...

The only team that comes to mind is the Flyers, they went full-tank mode after an awful start and thought the re-build would be fast. They've now missed the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years.
Tampa Bay.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3971
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The problem though is that a rebuild gets old fast.there will be a short fuse on paitience. People will say blow it up, tank, get on with it but interest will dwindle quickly until the team is competitive again and then the bandwagon fills up.
Exactly, who's showing up when the team is 15 games out in January and the concession staff is facing layoffs.
We might get to find out!
Or Aqua man lowers the prices.....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17606
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 pm

Image

This is great!!

Now the third amigo (Burrows) will waive to Anaheim at the deadline!

Perfect for the internal-budget Ducks.

See, Burrows only gets $3M in actual salary in 2016-17 (last season on his contract).

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply