Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Bieska to Ducks for 2nd round in 2016

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah read the top of the previous page I was livid. At least you aren’t trolling though :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 am Yeah read the top of the previous page I was livid. At least you aren’t trolling though :roll:
Do you not agree Bubbles, after the shit show drafting and developing we witnessed with your boi Gillis, ruining this teams future, giving this organization the worst prospect pool in the league that it was paramount, PARAMOUNT we bring in a GM with an eye for drafting and developing. Would you not agree that Benning is doing a helluva job in the area that needed the most attention - drafting in developing? The Hockey News now ranks us as having the 7th best prospect pool in the league, a very most recent ranking. Do you not agree, that no GM, not even Sam Pollock will NOT make some mistakes along the way? Do you not agree that for the health of this organization that the Aquas need to give Benning the space and time to see this venture through, it wasn't an overnight fix, the overnight fix that for some reason, you Bubbles imagined would happen.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I have already given props to Elmer for his drafting. Not sure why I have to continue to repeat myself. For good reason I hated the trading of picks for 22 or 23 year old players to fill an age gap or the tossing in of extra picks in trades. We have been over this ad nauseum. I’ve accepted the Virtanen and Juolevi picks regardless of whether they were poor picks because they are Canucks property.

Yes Elmer has proven to be a decent - good drafter. That is 1/3 of the job but he has been less than stellar at the other 2/3 of the job. He’s going to need a minor miracle to still be a GM in Vancouver in October IMHO.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am I have already given props to Elmer for his drafting. Not sure why I have to continue to repeat myself. For good reason I hated the trading of picks for 22 or 23 year old players to fill an age gap or the tossing in of extra picks in trades. We have been over this ad nauseum. I’ve accepted the Virtanen and Juolevi picks regardless of whether they were poor picks because they are Canucks property.

Yes Elmer has proven to be a decent - good drafter. That is 1/3 of the job but he has been less than stellar at the other 2/3 of the job. He’s going to need a minor miracle to still be a GM in Vancouver in October IMHO.
Don't like the Baertschi, Granlund, Eddie Lack, Burrows, Hansen, Gudbranson (McCann! Asplund! Oh Boy!), Bieksa, Garrison, Pouliot trades? I thought the Dorsett trade was even steven, too bad about his forced retirement. I much prefer Sutter/Lockwood than than Bonino/Clendenning. the only real stinker is the Vey trade, and what the Forsling trade? Was never going to win the Kesler trade, hands were tied. Mallet and a 3rd for Pedan, arguable but we now have Pouliot. the picks for Larson, yeah whatever, Cokehead and a 5th for Prust? Yeah whatever. I don't know, Bubbles looks to me like Benning is doing more good than not when it comes to trading, but what GM in the history of the NHL would not like some re-do's? But hey keep on keeping on about the Eriksson and Sutter contracts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau