Free Agency 2015

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Free Agency 2015

Post by ClamRussel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 pm

herb wrote:Iginla had way more going for him than Hamhuis. Leadership, toughness, goal scoring, physicality... Pretty much a dream from a TDD perspective if you're a seller.

That said, the return from Hamhuis would be good.
In his prime yes. His last year in Calgary he looked slow and ineffective for the most part. He was still tough and a leader no doubt. I think the trade revitalized him a bit. Hamhuis brings a lot to the table as well. So much so, it may be more adventageous to retain him. He is by far the leader of what's left of the backend. Should Calgary have kept him in the end? He'd certainly be great w/ guys like Bennett and Monahan.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:34 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Iginla trade:

moved to Pittsburgh for two unsigned college players (Ben Hanowski and Kenny Agostino) and the Penguins' first-round pick in 2013.

That should be what we are looking at for Hamhuis, in the best case scenario. Vrbata much less. If we expect too much we will be disappointed once again.
You will have to explain the Iginla comparison to me? Hamhuis is a decent player but... that seems like a steep return for him.

I will be interested in what Vrbata's 30 goals could fetch at the deadline if he's playing well with the Twins.

The only point I was trying to make was that aging vets on expiring contracts could get a solid return but not necessarily. I would be thrilled to get a first for Hamhuis and Vrbata I just don't think we will.
I think Hamhuis gets a 1st assuming he has a good season - Franson and Santorelli got a 1st, Chris Stewart for a 2nd, Coburn got a 1st plus 3rd and a player, Yandle got the equivalent of two 1sts, Vermette got a 1st, Sekera got a 1st, Perron got a 1st. Some are better players than Dan but some aren't close - the nice thing about selling at the deadline is so few buyers so prices are crazy. Hamhuis has a decent cap hit that most could absorb as well, or you take back a contract to help out. We will see, I still don't see the Canucks selling hard barring a terrible first half.

On another note - anybody else surprised to see the free agent prices out there? Matthias didn't get near as much as I thought he would, neither did Belesky. Lots of decent names still out there in Franson, Bergenheim, Ehrhoff, Glencross, Santorelli, Stempniak, etc, - not superstar by any means but solid NHL players. Very few rumours at the moment either, guessing a few teams are trying to dump contracts and other teams are asking for assets in return to take the contract. Too bad we don't have the space to take an asset just for some cap dollars.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Defence are a premium.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Ignitowski is a master at getting value back . He should get a 3rd back for Hamhuis if the Canucks eat 25 % of his cap . Maybe throw in Cassels as well . :|
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ignitowski is a master at getting value back . He should get a 3rd back for Hamhuis if the Canucks eat 25 % of his cap . Maybe throw in Cassels as well . :|
:shock:

Careful Blobman, slippery slope... remember what happened to the Dude a few years back. :(
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:57 pm

The dude also wore spandex and rode bikes with transvestites . I do neither of those things .
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ignitowski is a master at getting value back . He should get a 3rd back for Hamhuis if the Canucks eat 25 % of his cap . Maybe throw in Cassels as well . :|

Careful Blobman, slippery slope... remember what happened to the Dude a few years back. :(
Yikes. Now there's a reason to hit the brakes if ever there was one!!!!

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Because Blob's sarcasm is a mirror-image of his lack of inner self-worth and not based on the gong-show that has transpired this off-season?

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:12 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The dude also wore spandex and rode bikes with transvestites . I do neither of those things .
Well like Doc says there Blob..... it's a slippery slope. :lol:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:18 pm

ClamRussel wrote: Because Blob's sarcasm is a mirror-image of his lack of inner self-worth and not based on the gong-show that has transpired this off-season?
What gong-show? :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Strangelove wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: Because Blob's sarcasm is a mirror-image of his lack of inner self-worth and not based on the gong-show that has transpired this off-season?
What gong-show? :mex:
Like the Dude's transvestite, switch channels.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:22 pm

OMG Topper...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The dude also wore spandex and rode bikes with transvestites . I do neither of those things .
Oh great, now you've got me thinking about assless chaps...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:29 pm

You are the doctor

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP