Free Agency 2015

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Free Agency 2015

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:38 pm

So the Free Agent negotiation interview window is now open. Which players (if any) should the Canucks be targeting? It certainly seems like one of the worst crops of UFA's in recent memory.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents

With almost no cap space, who can the Canucks afford? And if we do dump some contracts, who would we even go after?

I feel that we're really only needing a bottom-6 Centre. Someone that can take some pressure of Horvat and play on the 3rd or 4th line and PK.

Gregory Campbell (Benning-Boston connection), could help with league HQ, and was 53% in the dot last year.

Jarret Stoll has won a couple cups, and seems like a great guy to party with, took 1,100 draws and was 51%.

A more expensive, but better player, would be Eric Fehr. 52% FO, 6'4, 212 and put up 33 points in Washington.

Other than that, I don't think we're players, and given the talent this year, that's probably a good thing.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Free Agency 2015

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Benning said a few weeks back that they would not be pursuing any 5-6 million dollar type FA. Linden today said they have a couple of players they may look at but have not conducted any interviews.

I take it that they have a very short list but will wait, obviously, until after the draft and perhaps into the summer. They are still negotiating to bring Richardson back to slot in at that experienced centre position.

I think they will see how things shake out after the draft, what trades, if any, they have made and then just look to plug holes. They don't have a lot of cap and as has been said many times, not a lot of players with waiver eligibility.

I don't see them being big players in FA this season and given what's out there and the uncertainty about next year's cap I'm on board with that. No Millers or Vrbatas this year please.
The only HW the Canucks need

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 am

I would think this would be a good year to take a long nap if you're a Canucks fan.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 am

Wanna buy semin?
@NHLCanes

#Canes place Alexander Semin on waivers with intent of buying out his contract. READ MORE: http://n.carhur.com/1RQg6o0
ha, now a decent 2nd line sniper is avail but he probably goes to the Pens or Caps.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:35 am

I would not be happy to see Semin across the back of a Canucks jersey.

Hank
CC Legend

Post by Hank » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:48 am

Rayxor wrote:I would not be happy to see Semin across the back of a Canucks jersey.
Who really would be happy to find Semin splattered on the back of their jersey?
Try to focus on THIS year...

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:49 am

Hank wrote:
Rayxor wrote:I would not be happy to see Semin across the back of a Canucks jersey.
Come on guys.

Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:56 am

{paging user Dr. Tobias Funke}

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:50 am

Hank wrote:
Just because there's a Semin puddle in front of you on the sidewalk doesn't mean you have to jump in it. Did you really have to go there? :hmmm:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hank wrote:
Come on guys.
If that's your thing… all the power to ya.

cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hank wrote:
Come on guys.
If that's your thing… all the power to ya.

:lol: :lol:

Gauging interest for Tomorrow. Most of us are off, some like me have the family OOT.

I wont be like 2006 for me, but i'll be on the interwebs trying to stay cool with the AC. Cant see us being big players, but I hope Benning can make up for the last two deals and the Lack trade.

Hank
CC Legend

Post by Hank » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Lancer wrote:
Hank wrote:
Just because there's a Semin puddle in front of you on the sidewalk doesn't mean you have to jump in it. Did you really have to go there? :hmmm:
Um, did you not just jump into the same Semin puddle with your remark? You didn't have to "come" here, don't Laich Semin? Just ignore it.

Why don't you hunt down the other posters who've made Semin jokes in the other threads and wag your lancer at them disapprovingly too.

It's a frickin' Semin joke. Chillax dude, it's the dog days of summer.
Try to focus on THIS year...

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:30 pm

BMX club is in the local Canada Parade. Me checking the internet every couple of minutes is going to do fuck all to a boring day of FA signings. May spend time in the river in the afternoon instead.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:53 pm

Topper wrote:BMX club is in the local Canada Parade. Me checking the internet every couple of minutes is going to do fuck all to a boring day of FA signings. May spend time in the river in the afternoon instead.
I'll hold down the fort!!
The only HW the Canucks need

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:51 am

At least the Bieksa trade makes today a bit more interesting - I think Benning will sign one decent FA, likely a dman if possible. Not sure we have the money for Green, Franson, Sekera or any of the top guys, but I could see a younger guy like Bartkowski, Irwin, Schlemko, etc would fit the bill as good depth and are young enough to be here a few years.

Not expecting much but perhaps we will be surprised.