We Are Not a Playoff Team

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Arachnid »

What can I say.

I was right.

Strangelove was wrong (and a Coward to boot by changing my posts :evil: )

We finish 8th over all, pick what? 23rd?

Will be an even longer rebuild period because we had to just squeak into the playoffs (like the Laughs have done for years...)so the Aquinos could get a few extra dollars....I hope the fickle fans don't go to the games next year and they suffer financially...you have been sold a bill of goods and you bought it crap hook line and sinker....

See you next year...suckers...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5493
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by 2Fingers »

good post but tonight we need to all just sit back and see what happened.

This team has not assholes and we all agree on that.

The team also lacks players driving to the net and it was a perfect example tonight in the 3rd where the Sedins had the puck and Hansen for some reason decided to be on the blue line. Puck goes down to the other end and a minute late the Flames score.

This team's core has been done for a few years and fans love for the players and the coaches/GM expectations have delayed the inevitable. I hope to see a significant change in players but with Aqua man only concerned about the playoff $$$ I don't expect much.
User avatar
JonT21
CC Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by JonT21 »

Technically we did make the playoffs, therefore we are a playoff team. :^)
User avatar
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by vic »

The core's not done, they just don't have a good enough supporting cast.

I can't wait to see the youngsters who make this team in the next few years. Imagine Calgary's youth combined with Vancouver's core. That's what the Canucks have to build.

I knew the Flames would win today, even when the Canucks went up 3-0, I still had that feeling. They play their game whether their up by a couple or down by three (we all saw that today). They have a system and they stick to it.

Hopefully Willie has learned from this experience and he makes adjustments earlier in the series next year.

Ferlund is a bitch. He does any of that shit against the Ducks and he'll be taken off on a stretcher.

Sbisa has to go.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19002
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ukcanuck and I do not want change. Change is boring.

Keep Weber, Matthias. Higgins, Bonino, Richardson, Baerschi, Vey. Keep everyone!!!! Maybe promote Clendenning and Grenier and Friesen
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I'd disagree with the OP. I'd say we are a playoff team, but NOT a cup contender. I think most ppl at the beginning of the year said we have a chance for to make the playoffs, but will probably only last a round or 2. We made the playoffs, but definitely don't have the horses to go for a long run.

Man, there's no guarantee we'll even make the playoffs next season. It'll be tuff. We'll be drafting late now and it'll be tuff to get an Grade A prospect. Just gotta hope JB can find some good players (some diamonds in the rough) and hope that some of our current prosepcts will pan out better than projected.
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19936
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Bunch of urine soaked babies































Huge shock









Losers
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3861
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Ukcanuck and I do not want change. Change is boring.

Keep Weber, Matthias. Higgins, Bonino, Richardson, Baerschi, Vey. Keep everyone!!!! Maybe promote Clendenning and Grenier and Friesen
sarcasm does not become you RD
its a subtle art

its not for ham fisted, beer swilling, arm chair quarterbacks with 20/20 hindsight.
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ukcanuck and I do not want change. Change is boring.

Keep Weber, Matthias. Higgins, Bonino, Richardson, Baerschi, Vey. Keep everyone!!!! Maybe promote Clendenning and Grenier and Friesen
sarcasm does not become you RD
its a subtle art

its not for ham fisted, beer swilling, arm chair quarterbacks with 20/20 hindsight.
H e may be 20/20 but I had the foresight to call this team for what it is...SHYTE!

Matthias, Higgins, KB3, Weber...fuck us if we keep them...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16062
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Hockey Widow »

No question more changes are needed. Certainly not disappointed with the Dorsett inking but still choked about Sbisa term and cap. Heck, I could have lived with three years at a million less or one year at 3 million. But to get both. Hope it's a trade strategy :mrgreen:

We all see it. Too many passengers in the playoffs. Time to turn some of these guys lose, maybe a few picks along the way. We still want to be able to roll four lines next year but it's time to get younger, faster ,cheaper.

Now that it's over I'm kinda glad, relaxed. Disappointment fades fast when the team rebounded from last year the way they did. 100 point seasons are nothing to laugh at. Next season a 100 point season won't be enough. Losing in round one won't be enough. Next year we need to go deep. That has to be the plan. Whatever it takes Jim, whoever you need to move out just do it. No one on this team outside of Horvat should be protected, and even he I would trade for a top 4 draft pick this year. Since that won't happen, he stays. But everyone else should be expendable on this team. No, no, no silly, don't trade them all, just saying none should be considered untouchable.

I hope and trust he has seen enough to know who must go at any costs.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5493
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bunch of urine soaked babies

Huge shock


Losers
After an emotional loss like last night what do you expect? Give the fans a few days to get to grip on this or maybe you should not come here until next week because it will be like this for a while.
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Arachnid »

Reefer2 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bunch of urine soaked babies

Huge shock


Losers
After an emotional loss like last night what do you expect? Give the fans a few days to get to grip on this or maybe you should not come here until next week because it will be like this for a while.
Heh, try again Slow Bob..you have to be some kind of idiot (and have a very low hockey IQ) if you every thought this team would be a playoff built team.

Why would you want to make the playoffs if not to win the Stanley Cup™

If you just barely want to make the playoffs for a few extra dollars or for the screaming ninny fans then you are the Taranna MakeBeLaughs.

This team needs a serious shake-up. There is no guarantee that the the prospects in the pipeline will pan out.

Bo needs a real team and not a bunch of floater veterans.

Start acquiring picks but jettisoning the dead weight.

I love that we have the Sedin's to bring along the young ones but their window is closed. They had their chance. 7 games. Done.

I am optimistic of the future with Cassels, Valk, Sven, Gaunce, Jake, McCann (not high on Fox or Shirk) but we need a serious QB on the PP and a big bad stay at home D-man.
Markstrom and Demko and even Erikson in Goal gives a shot too.

We are not a playoff team....yet...we need at least 4-5 seasons of drafting, developing, trading and luck to become a playoff built team and become a contender.

I do not want to just barley make the playoffs to just say we did or can. It makes no logical sense (other than lining the pockets of MLSE....er....AQUIORCABAYS...

That said, there were good and bad this season. I really do feel good about Willie & Jimbo in charge. If anything, they are the reason they got into the playoffs. I still don't think we should have got Vrbata & Miller for this because neither one is a playoff performer.

Go Canucks Go!
Last edited by Arachnid on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 7877
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:The core's not done, they just don't have a good enough supporting cast.
Vic, this core is finished.

You can still support Hank and Danny, but the core needs to be changed out.

Start with Bieksa. Then replace several support players.

Remaining core: Hank, Dank, Bur, Edler, Hamhuis. (Not including Tanev because he's not "old core", he's a piece of the new core though).

They aren't the core you are building around for a Cup though, they are simply the veterans that will be tasked with mentoring their successors.

If things remain stale, Hamhuis or Edler get shopped.

The Sedins will retire Canucks.
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27161
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Strangelove was wrong (and a Coward to boot by changing my posts :evil: )
The devil you say.

You must prove an accusation like this or face the boot.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: We Are Not a Playoff Team

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Strangelove was wrong (and a Coward to boot by changing my posts :evil: )
The devil you say.

You must prove an accusation like this or face the boot.
Prove that you change my posts or that you are a coward?!

Go fuck yourself Jagpreet :P

If you boot me it's because you are a coward. :devil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Post Reply