TSN Team 1040

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: TSN Team 1040

Post by ukcanuck »

herb wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Just talking about the shifting demographic, UK as recently written about in the Vancouver Sun, the story that angered the Moj. You are right, I can't stand the CFL but there are people who like it and I need to respect that.

The Shifting 18-34 year old demographic in the Vancouver Sports scene is a major shift in the works, the last half of the story shows why it doesn't look good for the Lions holding on to the no. 2 spot in this city. -

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canu ... story.html
the 2nd most watched sport in Canada is CFL, your talking out of the wrong hole again RD.

Go to the game and you will still see 18 - 34 year olds at the game, probably more than you see at a Canucks game. Whitecaps have a different set of fans.

the CFL game > NFL game, NFL just has better commercials.

American football gonna mess your mind
American football, she gonna mess your mind

Say A, say M, say E
Say R, say I, C
Say A, N

American football, stay away from me
American football, mama let me be
Don't come hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more

I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now football, I said stay away
American football, listen what I say

American football, get away from me
Don't come knockin' around my door
Don't wanna see your shadow no more

Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now football, I said get away

American football, said get away
Don't wanna see your face no more
I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes

Now football, get away from me

Go, gotta get away, gotta get away
Now go, go, go, I'm gonna leave you, football
Gonna leave you, football
Bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-bye

You're no good for me
I'm no good for you
Gonna look you right in the eye
Tell you what I'm gonna do

You know I'm gonna leave
You know I'm gonna go
You know I'm gonna leave
You know I'm gonna go, football

I'm gonna leave you, football
Goodbye, American football
+1 ^^^^
Love me my Zeppelin
So much so that you didn't realize that was a parody of American Woman by the Guess Who???
Meh I'm drunk and it's close enough to "baby I'm gonna leave you "
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Topper wrote:The inferior talent needs the defence to line up a yard off the ball and have a bigger field to make completions.

Is there a single point for an INT in the endzone?

Ooooooooo, the NFL has a two minute warning..........we'll have a three minute warning.

Ooooooooo, the NFL has a 100 yard field.............we'll have a 110 yard field

Oooooooo the NFL has 10 yard end zones..............we'll have twenty yard end zones

Oooooooo the NFL has eleven men on the field............ we'll have twelve men on the field

Spinal Tap was a CFL parody.

Ooooooooo the NFL kicks off ten yards closer to the end-zone..............we don't want to play pussy football
resulting in 80% touch-backs.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Why do you guys feel a comparison is even necessary? Like one, like the other. Whatever. Why is it always a big pissing match as to which is better and the other sucks? There are lots of good sports out there, all them entertaining on some level. I say watch 'em all.

As far as arbitrary differences go, the games on each side of the border have developed roughly in parallel since 1868. The CFL's field size is related to the rugby pitch on which it started. Apparently, the origin of the smaller US field is related to Yale University not having enough space to be bigger.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Puck wrote:Why do you guys feel a comparison is even necessary? Like one, like the other. Whatever. Why is it always a big pissing match as to which is better and the other sucks? There are lots of good sports out there, all them entertaining on some level. I say watch 'em all.

As far as arbitrary differences go, the games on each side of the border have developed roughly in parallel since 1868. The CFL's field size is related to the rugby pitch on which it started. Apparently, the origin of the smaller US field is related to Yale University not having enough space to be bigger.
Because it is all fun, David vs. Goliath.

Never hard feelings.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Alright then... it's all good. :mex:

(It sure sounded like hurt feelings)

Roar Lions Roar
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

ukcanuck wrote:
herb wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Just talking about the shifting demographic, UK as recently written about in the Vancouver Sun, the story that angered the Moj. You are right, I can't stand the CFL but there are people who like it and I need to respect that.

The Shifting 18-34 year old demographic in the Vancouver Sports scene is a major shift in the works, the last half of the story shows why it doesn't look good for the Lions holding on to the no. 2 spot in this city. -

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canu ... story.html
the 2nd most watched sport in Canada is CFL, your talking out of the wrong hole again RD.

Go to the game and you will still see 18 - 34 year olds at the game, probably more than you see at a Canucks game. Whitecaps have a different set of fans.

the CFL game > NFL game, NFL just has better commercials.

American football, she gonna mess your mind

Say A, say M, say E
Say R, say I, C
Say A, N

American football, stay away from me
I don't wanna see your face no more

I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now football, I said stay away

American football, get away from me
Don't come knockin' around my door
Don't wanna see your shadow no more

Now football, I said get away

American football, said get away
Don't wanna see your face no more
I don't need your war machines
I don't need your ghetto scenes

Now football, get away from me

Go, gotta get away, gotta get away
Now go, go, go, I'm gonna leave you, football
Gonna leave you, football
Bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-bye

You're no good for me
I'm no good for you
Gonna look you right in the eye
Tell you what I'm gonna do

You know I'm gonna leave
You know I'm gonna go
You know I'm gonna leave
You know I'm gonna go, football

I'm gonna leave you, football
Goodbye, American football
+1 ^^^^
Love me my Zeppelin
So much so that you didn't realize that was a parody of American Woman by the Guess Who???
Meh I'm drunk and it's close enough to "baby I'm gonna leave you "
Be careful they don't chop your head off for disobeying allahhhh.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

It's Ramadan
The list of why I should lose my head is endless
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Puck wrote:Alright then... it's all good. :mex:

(It sure sounded like hurt feelings)

Roar Lions Roar
It's an annual thing
July

Nothing doing but CFL
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Puck wrote:Why do you guys feel a comparison is even necessary? Like one, like the other. Whatever. Why is it always a big pissing match as to which is better and the other sucks? There are lots of good sports out there, all them entertaining on some level. I say watch 'em all.
This always seems to be as sore spot with CFL fans.

I guess it's because there are so many naysayers who disrespect the league because they feel it's nothing more than a feeder league to the NFL that CFL fans feel the need to stress how it's anything but (different rules, different history, etc.)

I used to watch the Lions occasionally but I generally find football boring. I couldn't care less about the NFL but it definitely seems to be a bigger draw these days in cities.

I definitely think there's validity to RD's point about the game dying in urban centres and among youth. I grew up with a ton of casual NFL fans. CFL? Not so much.

Whatever I guess it's still popular in small towns and the middle of Canada.

The game may be different but NFL has all the money and talent. I'm sure the CFL can persevere but trying to argue that it's 'just different' when challenged on the talent level and relevance does seem a bit sad...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rockalt wrote:
This always seems to be as sore spot with CFL fans.

I guess it's because there are so many naysayers who disrespect the league because they feel it's nothing more than a feeder league to the NFL that CFL fans feel the need to stress how it's anything but (different rules, different history, etc.)

I used to watch the Lions occasionally but I generally find football boring. I couldn't care less about the NFL but it definitely seems to be a bigger draw these days in cities.

I definitely think there's validity to RD's point about the game dying in urban centres and among youth. I grew up with a ton of casual NFL fans. CFL? Not so much.

Whatever I guess it's still popular in small towns and the middle of Canada.

The game may be different but NFL has all the money and talent. I'm sure the CFL can persevere but trying to argue that it's 'just different' when challenged on the talent level and relevance does seem a bit sad...
I don't think there is a comparison really. I used to be a big Lions fan, but I lost interest in the CFL because it's pretty tough to get excited about a competition in an 8 team league.

It's not the game itself, it's just the variety, or lack thereof, within the league.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I've been a Lions fan since 1962( Kapp and Fleming) and proud to have held the Grey Cup in my hands a few times. My point is if you follow Vancouver pro sports teams the Lions have had the most success.

You need 2 hands to count the Lions championships and even if you were a double-amputee you could count the Canucks championships.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ukcanuck wrote: Yeah so what?
B-Rabbit, is that you??

Would that make Reefer your Cheddar Bob?

:mrgreen:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

rockalt wrote:The game may be different but NFL has all the money and talent. I'm sure the CFL can persevere but trying to argue that it's 'just different' when challenged on the talent level and relevance does seem a bit sad...
Actually, I was suggesting it's 'just different' as the argument from BOTH sides. The CFL guys love the runbacks on special teams, the NFL guys complain about the dimensions, etc.

As for 'talent', the NFL has the best talent, that is inarguable, but it does not follow that the CFL has untalented players. There are players that have great talent that were not suited to the Canadian game.

As far as 'relevance' goes, ask somebody from Cornuck's area about the relevance of hockey. I think we're diminishing just about every sport there is, if we start talking relevance.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

On a similar note, rockalt, how was England's Women's World Cup accomplishment viewed? Was there decent coverage? Any excitement?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Boy, that "American Football" bit was great. Nothing like tapping into the cache of a 40+ year old rock song to show that the CFL is still popular with the youth demo these days. ;)