Time to Change the Oil.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Lol

And after predicting a 100 pt season and the team hitting rock bottom what does Jim do....signs an overpriced free agent in Eriksson and then immediately watches his experiment have an even worse disaster of a season. Saving face finally at the deadline by finding ways to move declining assets for prospects.

Honestly why there is such a heater argument in his favour eacapes me
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby SKYO » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:20 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol a harder team to play against, more like a harder team to watch. The team has less grit and tenacity than any of the Gillis rosters. I honestly can't think of an NHL roster in event history that's softer than the Elmer Marshmallow crew.

LOL I know eh?

Yet when the team or anyone in cyber world suggests trying to trade for a big power forward type player, it's automatic reply 'nope! that canuck player wouldn't fetch such a type.'

It is why it's imperative you, UDL, IN, Mickey and all the old school rock em sock em types HOPE this current team improves this season, so as this team can 'create' valued assets to deal for your beloved gritty/tenacity/size type players who have some skill.

We all are fans of the Canucks team through thick & thin, but we need to have some cohesive thoughts on how to improve the team besides the non-stop attacking of management & the relentless hatred on Sutter and Eriksson.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7988
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby micky107 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:14 am

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol a harder team to play against, more like a harder team to watch. The team has less grit and tenacity than any of the Gillis rosters. I honestly can't think of an NHL roster in event history that's softer than the Elmer Marshmallow crew.

LOL I know eh?

Yet when the team or anyone in cyber world suggests trying to trade for a big power forward type player, it's automatic reply 'nope! that canuck player wouldn't fetch such a type.'

It is why it's imperative you, UDL, IN, Mickey and all the old school rock em sock em types HOPE this current team improves this season, so as this team can 'create' valued assets to deal for your beloved gritty/tenacity/size type players who have some skill.

We all are fans of the Canucks team through thick & thin, but we need to have some cohesive thoughts on how to improve the team besides the non-stop attacking of management & the relentless hatred on Sutter and Eriksson.


I haven't seen anyone suggesting a mid 70s "Broad Street Bullies", Flyer's line-up.
What's old school? Oh ya, a term from Slap Shot which was made in the 70s, I think referring to Eddie Shore or someone I know nothing about. Anyways, cohesive is a good word. One that I wouldn't use to depict our beloved
team the last few years. The message from management has deviated several times. By pointing that out, is debating not attacking.
I don't hate Eriksson but he's getting a lot of money, so is Sutter for what he really is.
Now this isn't the end of the world but in Eriksson's case, a slump is a slump but the guy needs to get his head together and lose the obvious depression problems that bring the whole team down.
Sutter needs to keep his mouth in check and work on his own game hence being a better veteran presence.

But I'll tell ya who knows. Bo knows! That kid, I mean man, has sent his share of messages.
After an interview, he pumps his fist and says YOUTH!.
And what did he do towards the end of the season? Dropped the gloves and showed yet another aspect of what a "team game", is all about in the NHL. I really don't think it was to show how much money he's worth. Just being a leader.
"evolution"
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2923
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Strangelove » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Doc, the reason the hockey media and most fans have had so little confidence in Jim Benning is because up until recently he's been making moves that dont make sense for teams in our position...


So you didn't read the post to which you are responding. :scowl:

Talk about "fingers in ears"...


Ah but i did Doc...


Ah so much for giving you the benefit of the doubt then. :wink:

(my "fingers in ears" comment stands)

Uncle dans leg wrote:your first 13 months he makes some seemingly rebuild-like moves as you mention


But you said... a few times... that he has only made rebuild-like moves "recently".

You sir are waffling like an IHOP ! :mrgreen:

Uncle dans leg wrote:then goes and announces that hes looking at a contender and no more rebuild-like moves that summer...unless the Sutter acquisition counts.


UMMM... Lord Benning has never called your Vancouver Canucks a "contender". :roll:

FTR the "rebuild-like moves that summer" also included trading Bieksa/Lack for 2nd, 3rd, 7th round picks.

Uncle dans leg wrote:Jim Benning Predicts 100 Points


Bob McKenzie asked: "Is the team capable of reaching the 100-point plateau again?"

Jim Benning replied: "Yeah, I think so."

'Anything being possible' means that is the correct way for any NHL GM to answer that question.

You make it sound as though he went out of his way to proclaim Canucks will definitely be a 100 point team.

But agenda-folk such as yourself have no interest in keeping things in their proper perspective right Danny?

Are you capable of better?

Yeah, I think so.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Strangelove » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Thought I would quote the whole article....

(MOD SNIP)

(Sorry Dan, but most sites don't allow the quoting of entire articles)


Awwww...wheres the link i posted then? That one was gold


Awwww... I did not SNIP a link (you did not post a link in that post).

BTW, before I SNIPPED that post, I ADDED a link to a previous post of yours here:

viewtopic.php?p=286964#p286964

(I had to google the quote to find the link... you're welcome)

All quoted articles must include URL links FYI Danny.

And, as mentioned, only small fractions of articles can be quoted.

It's about copyright laws... not to mention not cluttering up the board.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:14 pm

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol a harder team to play against, more like a harder team to watch. The team has less grit and tenacity than any of the Gillis rosters. I honestly can't think of an NHL roster in event history that's softer than the Elmer Marshmallow crew.

LOL I know eh?

Yet when the team or anyone in cyber world suggests trying to trade for a big power forward type player, it's automatic reply 'nope! that canuck player wouldn't fetch such a type.'

It is why it's imperative you, UDL, IN, Mickey and all the old school rock em sock em types HOPE this current team improves this season, so as this team can 'create' valued assets to deal for your beloved gritty/tenacity/size type players who have some skill.

We all are fans of the Canucks team through thick & thin, but we need to have some cohesive thoughts on how to improve the team besides the non-stop attacking of management & the relentless hatred on Sutter and Eriksson.


Just so I have this straight: it's ok to go way over the top to support management and to proclaim every move they make is excellent and to annoint the management as genius and all the draft picks are amazing and if not for injuries it's a great team blah blah blah blah ..... but do NOT EVER criticize ANY MOVES this administration makes no matter how poor they are. That's it in a nutshell right ? Just want to make sure I have this right.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7876
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Strangelove » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:We all are fans of the Canucks team through thick & thin, but we need to have some cohesive thoughts on how to improve the team besides the non-stop attacking of management & the relentless hatred on Sutter and Eriksson.


..... do NOT EVER criticize ANY MOVES this administration makes no matter how poor they are. That's it in a nutshell right ? Just want to make sure I have this right.


Aaaaand... inevitably, irrevocably... Blob reaches the "beer on cheerios" tipping point. :(
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Meds » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:We all are fans of the Canucks team through thick & thin, but we need to have some cohesive thoughts on how to improve the team besides the non-stop attacking of management & the relentless hatred on Sutter and Eriksson.


..... do NOT EVER criticize ANY MOVES this administration makes no matter how poor they are. That's it in a nutshell right ? Just want to make sure I have this right.


Aaaaand... inevitably, irrevocably... Blob reaches the "beer on cheerios" tipping point. :(


I honestly don't think I can tell who trolls more around here.....Doc or Tuna.

Although, on second thought, Tuna more or less confines homemaker to just the one thread.....hmmmm..... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5391
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Strangelove » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:57 pm

^ You honestly don't think Blob deserved criticism for that response Meds? :eh:

Y'know, you're not doing him any favours by ignoring his drinking problem...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby SKYO » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Just so I have this straight: it's ok to go way over the top to support management and to proclaim every move they make is excellent and to annoint the management as genius and all the draft picks are amazing and if not for injuries it's a great team blah blah blah blah ..... but do NOT EVER criticize ANY MOVES this administration makes no matter how poor they are. That's it in a nutshell right ? Just want to make sure I have this right.


Like I said blob you are in 95% extremist, you take the hate to the next level.

You got about 5% of yeah I like that trade/draft pick/contract, then 95% of bashing the mgmt the other ha.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7988
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Strangelove » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:23 pm

^The 95% = CHARF. 8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:36 pm

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Just so I have this straight: it's ok to go way over the top to support management and to proclaim every move they make is excellent and to annoint the management as genius and all the draft picks are amazing and if not for injuries it's a great team blah blah blah blah ..... but do NOT EVER criticize ANY MOVES this administration makes no matter how poor they are. That's it in a nutshell right ? Just want to make sure I have this right.


Like I said blob you are in 95% extremist, you take the hate to the next level.

You got about 5% of yeah I like that trade/draft pick/contract, then 95% of bashing the mgmt the other ha.


95 % ? Yeah no . I have said I liked more than a few of the moves. I like Gudbranson but the price was too high , but in the end I don't bitch about it a ton. The Sutter and Eriksson moves were retarded... period. The Sbisa and Dorsett contracts were awful. I liked the Boeser pick, Tryamkin and Demko. The Virtanen pick looks like a massive blunder at this point considering the players that went right after him. It will take a lot of seasons for Virtanen to make up the eighty to one hundred points he sits behind these guys all on ELC contracts. For pure value it's a bad pick , plain and simple. I hope to hell he turns it around. Juolevi may turn out ok but Tkachuk is the better player.

Not sure what else makes up your 95 % here... they clearly mishandled Tryamkin, sure blame it all on Wiwie I guess.The Vey trade was horrible , the Garrison trade was fine, the Bieksa trade was good. The depth last season was so fucking bad that Chaput and Megna played 3/4 of the year which is a joke no matter how many injuries. I also liked the Burrows deal but was meh on the Hansen deal mostly due to the retention on salary. I have Elmer batting around .300. He needs to move the needle to .500.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7876
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:09 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Thought I would quote the whole article....

(MOD SNIP)

(Sorry Dan, but most sites don't allow the quoting of entire articles)


Awwww...wheres the link i posted then? That one was gold


Awwww... I did not SNIP a link (you did not post a link in that post).

BTW, before I SNIPPED that post, I ADDED a link to a previous post of yours here:

viewtopic.php?p=286964#p286964

(I had to google the quote to find the link... you're welcome)

All quoted articles must include URL links FYI Danny.

And, as mentioned, only small fractions of articles can be quoted.

It's about copyright laws... not to mention not cluttering up the board.

Alright I wont quote entire articles...unless I get permission from the author? He probably reads this board daily as well
http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-linden-and-benning-escape-canucks-house-cleaning-for-now
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby micky107 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:40 pm

"evolution"
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2923
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Postby Strangelove » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:57 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Alright I wont quote entire articles...unless I get permission from the author?


Don't forget about the Don't Clutter the Board rule there Danny. :D

And please don't link any more of those ancient articles... unless absolutely necessary?

Uncle dans leg wrote:He probably reads this board daily as well


Hmmm... I wonder if he used to post here under some cheesy handle until I banned him. :P
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14152
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests