Time to Change the Oil.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Lol clutter eh...sure man. My point has been made.
Thanks again for posting the present-day narrative of CHARF (Can't Handle A Rebuild Fans) :)
Uncle dans leg wrote: Now we can shake hands and start looking forward to training camp

KIDDING! Yeah, we're all brothers here...

EDIT: And sister H-dub! :thumbs:
:D
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

That Ferrari is doing 30kmp in the school zone. What a slug.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 pm Here's a new thread for all of the the Armchair GM's who have ideas to fix the Oilers (not that I want them to be fixed) - but concept seems to have a life all of it's own.

So far, the major themes seem to be:

Clean house in the management starting with every former player.
Trade some of the young talent for veteran leadership.
Time to change management, trade some young talent for vets.

NOW....
Oiler fans want Darnell Nurse traded after he calls out his own team.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/08/o ... raded.html
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I got a bad feeling Lafrenierre is Edmonton bound. Why you ask? The lottery loves Edmonton
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:48 am I got a bad feeling Lafrenierre is Edmonton bound. Why you ask? The lottery loves Edmonton
Nope, they're just still screwed!

Another example of why you try to go for it when your stars are on ELCs, instead of maintaining the suckage until your stars are overpaid to keep them happy on your terrible team, and you have no hope of busting out of the never-ending rebuild.

2007 - three 1RPs, including #6 with Sam Gagner.
2010 - start of the 1st overall run, with Taylor Hall
2020 - still waiting to finish the rebuild of tanking and building through the draft...
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Technically the Oilers have made the playoffs once in 14 years, barely better than the Sabres who've missed 9 years straight, so anybody not liking where the Canucks are at despite some of the blunders has rocks in their head.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 pm Technically the Oilers have made the playoffs once in 14 years, barely better than the Sabres who've missed 9 years straight, so anybody not liking where the Canucks are at despite some of the blunders has rocks in their head.
After all this hindsight and cards laid out on the table for all to see... the facts are indisputable. Yet, there are still those HF idiots who are still trying to spin, refusing to enjoy our exciting young team that's making a run at the prize.

Yes, JB made you look like fools. Just shut up and fall on your swords already. Those morons are just pathetic and not fans.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:28 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 pm Technically the Oilers have made the playoffs once in 14 years, barely better than the Sabres who've missed 9 years straight, so anybody not liking where the Canucks are at despite some of the blunders has rocks in their head.
After all this hindsight and cards laid out on the table for all to see... the facts are indisputable. Yet, there are still those HF idiots who are still trying to spin, refusing to enjoy our exciting young team that's making a run at the prize.

Yes, JB made you look like fools. Just shut up and fall on your swords already. Those morons are just pathetic and not fans.
Still? Too bad for them, this is an incredible time.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Looks like the Oil will be protecting:
Jason Gregor (TSN):

Archibald, Draisaitl, Kassian, McDavid, Puljujarvi, RNH and Yamamoto.

Bear, Keith and Nurse.
Exposing Tyler Benson.

Oil fans going all 'Blob hatred like' of edmonton protecting archi and kass.
Protecting an unproductive waste of cap space and a replacement-level 4th-liner over a prospect we’ve spent 5 seasons patiently developing into one of the best players in the AHL seems pretty surprising to me.
Jesus Kass over Benson
Protecting Archibald is kinda embarrassing. That's how bad their forwards are. I'd still protect Benson ahead of him and Kassian. We know who these guys are and there is still potential for Benson.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Might be time to ressurect this thread. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I'm reading the new whipping boy up in Grease Spot country is now Evan Bouchard. They're doing a Justin Schultz on him, that he's just not good enough defensively. Apparently Darnell Nurse whose more Tyler Myers that Scott Stevens and being paid $9 mil per isn't the problem, nor their lack of back checking forwards. Hopefully they sell cheap on Bouchard like they did Schultz, could Raisin and Baldy get him for Myers and a third? (I know, I know). Other that shipping out Bouchard, I see no need to change the Oil, as a 'Nucks fan I like what they're doing in Northern Alberta.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:39 am I'm reading the new whipping boy up in Grease Spot country is now Evan Bouchard. They're doing a Justin Schultz on him, that he's just not good enough defensively. Apparently Darnell Nurse whose more Tyler Myers that Scott Stevens and being paid $9 mil per isn't the problem, nor their lack of back checking forwards. Hopefully they sell cheap on Bouchard like they did Schultz, could Raisin and Baldy get him for Myers and a third? (I know, I know). Other that shipping out Bouchard, I see no need to change the Oil, as a 'Nucks fan I like what they're doing in Northern Alberta.
Bouchard for Myers trade then?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:25 pm
mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:39 am I'm reading the new whipping boy up in Grease Spot country is now Evan Bouchard. They're doing a Justin Schultz on him, that he's just not good enough defensively. Apparently Darnell Nurse whose more Tyler Myers that Scott Stevens and being paid $9 mil per isn't the problem, nor their lack of back checking forwards. Hopefully they sell cheap on Bouchard like they did Schultz, could Raisin and Baldy get him for Myers and a third? (I know, I know). Other that shipping out Bouchard, I see no need to change the Oil, as a 'Nucks fan I like what they're doing in Northern Alberta.
Bouchard for Myers trade then?
No, but they may have been able to get him for Burroughs and Hoglander.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Nice to see they're handling it well ;)

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oil could’ve been a power house had they had a proper amateur scouting department, some of the players they could’ve had after drafting McDavid mighta made a huge difference.

I’m envisioning McDavid demanding a trade soon.

Zegras instead of Broberg
Dobson instead of Bouchard
Oettinger instead of Yamamoto
Guhle or Schneider or Reichel or Mercer instead of Holloway
Wyatt Johnston instead of Bourgalt
Tkachuk or Keller or Sergachev instead of Puljujarvi
Barzal or Connor or Chabot instead of Griffin Reinhart

You can’t defend Bouchard anymore, he’s getting ripped big time right now for his inability to play defence. Zegras going right after Broberg and Wyatt Johnston going right after Bourgault must sting but the biggest hurt for them comes from the 2015 draft when they traded for Griffin Reinhart. Connor as McDavids wingman would have been insane…the skating.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau