2015 Draft Class watch

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Re: 2015 Draft Class watch

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:28 pm

C'mon Beers, Stanton should be in the AHL, you know that, I know that, everybody knows that
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 am

RoyalDude wrote:C'mon Beers, Stanton should be in the AHL, you know that, I know that, everybody knows that
Stanton is only 6 months older, has better career PPG and better advanced stats than Luca.

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:35 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:C'mon Beers, Stanton should be in the AHL, you know that, I know that, everybody knows that
Stanton is only 6 months older, has better career PPG and better advanced stats than Luca.
Yeah, but Sbisa should be in the ECHL.

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:47 am

dangler wrote:
Meds wrote: Sbisa is inexcusable though. Especially when you look at what is going to be available in the UFA market 9 days from now. The only way that Jimbo gets a pass on that is if Sbisa is a really late bloomer.

There won't be anything even close to the value the Canucks got in the Sbisa contract in the UFA market.
Won't be anything close to the value of Sbisa?

Michalek would be a massive upgrade for a bit higher AAV than Sbisa. Schlemko would be an upgrade for a lower AAV.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:33 pm

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gare ... ock-draft/

I think Gare Joyce got all kinds of drunk when he made this list...
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:53 am

herb wrote:
dangler wrote:
Meds wrote: Sbisa is inexcusable though. Especially when you look at what is going to be available in the UFA market 9 days from now. The only way that Jimbo gets a pass on that is if Sbisa is a really late bloomer.

There won't be anything even close to the value the Canucks got in the Sbisa contract in the UFA market.
Won't be anything close to the value of Sbisa?

Michalek would be a massive upgrade for a bit higher AAV than Sbisa. Schlemko would be an upgrade for a lower AAV.
Yeah dangler is smoking rock . By signing Sbisa it prevents the addition of a real asshole like Adam Mcquaid to play on the third pairing. You can find 6/7 scrub defencemen like Luca Sbisa every July for about a million bucks .
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:43 am

McQuaid would definitely put us over the hump, an excellent D-man, real meat and potatos this guy, total rock em sock em, maybe we can get Colton Orr and Blobbys buddy - Ryan Clowe as well
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:12 am

The team is a ways away from any hump . Mcquaid is a decent bottom pairing d man who is actually tough unlike Sbisa and isn't a turnover machine . Mcquaid played a regular shift for the last five seasons on one of the NHL's best teams . What has Sbisa ever done ? If I'm paying 3.6 million to a bottom pairing guy I'd rather see him not cower away from the Michael Ferlands of the league like Sbisa does .
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 am

Don't worry, dude. According to some the Canucks will be drafting big d-man Brandon Carlo. He plays your favorite brand of hockey.
“For a big guy he’s got good feet,” Benning said of Carlo. “He’s got good mobility, he can get the puck and make a good first pass. I think he’s a guy that you can develop into a shutdown guy.”

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hank » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Don't worry, dude. According to some the Canucks will be drafting big d-man Brandon Carlo. He plays your favorite brand of hockey.
“For a big guy he’s got good feet,” Benning said of Carlo. “He’s got good mobility, he can get the puck and make a good first pass. I think he’s a guy that you can develop into a shutdown guy.”
I wonder if that's Benning exact assessment of Sbisa?

Unfortunately, Pizza has always been a shutdown guy... as in his brain shuts down at the most inopportune times... mainly, every time he is near a puck.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Nick Merkley - a 5'10" 185 lb assist man, a centre on a stacked Kelowna team. Can't score goals on a stacked team, he's the new Zach Hamil bust. Do not want

Sprong is the next Nicklas Jensen. Do Not Want

I like Zboril too, good size and gritty. Why no like Chabot? I think he and Zboril will be gone by 23. I do believe that D-men Roy and Carlo will be there at 23 but do not want either

I'm leaning towards OlePaddys boy - Brock Boeser - 6'-1" 200 lb RW, or take a gamble on big RW Denis Guryanov or Czech centre Chaplik or the swede big centre - Ek Eriksson, but from reports Eriksson won't fall past 20. I don't mind Harkins, he's just a bit middle of the road for my liking, nothing he excels at, like a Manny Malhotra or something. Really wanted White but he'll be long gone
drops the mic & walks off stage....

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gare ... ock-draft/

I think Gare Joyce got all kinds of drunk when he made this list...

If the Canucks take Brock Boeser at 23, while leaving Timo Meier and Nick Merkley on the board (as Joyce suggests), I'll be pissed.
Well Merkley was left on the board. But I guess I'm not suicidal, in fact I'm not even mad (numb maybe, after watching Calgary and Edmonton and LA improve).

I'm just happy we didn't take Carlo, so I suppose I set the bar much lower over the past couple days...
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Nice call Paddy, Dude...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Watch us get Carlo tomorrow, but I prefer Kylington or Roy! Image
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:39 am

This Boeser kid looks like he's never smiled a day in his life. Let's hope we've tapped into the whole grumpy faced superstar trend like Chicago did with Toews
nobody forks...with the jesus