2015 Draft Class watch

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: 2015 Draft Class watch

Post by Island Nucklehead »

theman wrote:Would Lack, alone, be able to get us the Oilers 16th overall pick?
Absolutely not.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

So then, what? Lack + Bieksa/Hamhuis? Not sure if I would want to see Benning do that.

Personally, wouldn't want Van to give up the 23rd overall unless we were trading for a top 5 pick.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Absolutely not.
I'm not so sure, the rumour is the 16th is in play for Cam Talbot - is he much different from Lack? Same age, similar size, similar numbers though Talbot's were posted on a much better team. If it's in play for Talbot I'd think Lack would be similar.

I'd be surprised if either got that much value but the rumour this morning was 16 was in play. The Nucks could beat that value by doing 16 + 33 for Lack and 23 if they wanted to.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Diehard1 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Absolutely not.
I'm not so sure, the rumour is the 16th is in play for Cam Talbot - is he much different from Lack? Same age, similar size, similar numbers though Talbot's were posted on a much better team. If it's in play for Talbot I'd think Lack would be similar.

I'd be surprised if either got that much value but the rumour this morning was 16 was in play. The Nucks could beat that value by doing 16 + 33 for Lack and 23 if they wanted to.
That'd work for us I'd say. Come on Jim...do something!
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Holy fuck, if Dallas gets into play, they'd love a Lack/Miller.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

SKYO wrote:Holy fuck, if Dallas gets into play, they'd love a Lack/Miller.
Lots of teams looking for goalies - Edmonton, Dallas, San Jose, Buffalo, leaves (maybe), Islanders (backup), Blues (maybe) - if Benning wants to move Lack or Markstrom he will find a taker. Value coming back? No idea, but I expect him to recoup at least 1 pick with a goalie trade.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think Dallas will draft Samsonov. If not, Edmonton will snag him at 16. I see Buffalo's late 1st or early 2nd for Lack. Maybe Edmontons early 2nd for Lack if they strike out on Talbot. If the offers are unsatisfactory for Lack, hopefully we can get a late 2nd for Markstrom

Really curious how the Lighning will handle Bishop and Vasilevsky. Sure is a lot of quality back ups in the league
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Absolutely not.

Yeah, like Henrik is gonna waive for Edmonton..... :look:

:P

Lack plus almost any of our "trade bait" should get it done IF that Cam Talbot rumor is true.

I think Talbot has higher value though as he got a lot more positive media coverage from the likes of TSN, Lack not so much. Also, the Canucks are a rival team, the Oilers would sooner get Talbot and see the pick in the east, it will cost us more.

If Jimbo can do that and keep it reasonable, as well as hold onto our 23rd, do you think we have enough to offer something to Arizona for the 3rd?

To ARZ: 16th + 23rd + Hamhuis
To VAN: 3rd + Player/Prospect/Lower pick

That would pretty much load us for bear down the middle.....

Strome
Horvat
McCann
Cassels

Then with the cap space cleared go after a UFA defenseman.

Ahhh.....whatever, a guy can dream. :P
Last edited by Meds on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Absolutely not.

Lack and 23rd for Oilers 16th and 33rd is one of the better trade suggestions I've seen in awhile, like it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ew cannot stand Strome. I think the kid is gonna be a bust. Beanpole who cannot skate. You need wheels and strength in the NHL. I'd take Provorov at 3rd over Hanafin. Stromes brother is playing alright but he certainly isn't living up to his draft status

I'd take Provorov, Marner, Hanafin, Crouse, Werenski. Barzal, Zacha, Rantanen, Meier, Connor, White all ahead of Strome. The kid is this drafts biggest potential for ending up a bust

I think Provorov and Samsonov will end up being the next best two players after McDavid and Eichel
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Absolutely not.

Lack and 23rd for Oilers 16th and 33rd is one of the better trade suggestions I've seen in awhile, like it.
I would be fine if Benning did that.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

RoyalDude wrote:Ew cannot stand Strome. I think the kid is gonna be a bust. Beanpole who cannot skate. You need wheels and strength in the NHL. I'd take Provorov at 3rd over Hanafin. Stromes brother is playing alright but he certainly isn't living up to his draft status

I'd take Provorov, Marner, Hanafin, Crouse, Werenski. Barzal, Zacha, Rantanen, Meier, Connor, White all ahead of Strome. The kid is this drafts biggest potential for ending up a bust

I think Provorov and Samsonov will end up being the next best two players after McDavid and Eichel
Agreed on Strome. Put up really weak numbers in the playoffs when all the focus was on McDavid. If #3 is between Marner, Strome and Hanifin I would take Marner or Hanifin any day depending on what I needed. Strome went from 1.9 pts/g in the regular season to 1.1 in the playoffs. McDavid went from 2.55 in the regular season to 2.45. Marner went from 2 pts/g in the regular season to 2.29 pts/g in the playoffs. Yes, this paragraph is stat watching at its finest, but I also watched a few games of the OHL playoffs vs the Grayhounds and Generals and Strome failed the eye test there as well.
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

A little off topic, but does anyone know if Day 2 of the draft will be broadcasted? Can't seem to find any info. I know last year it was either on nhlnetwork or the nhl.com.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Benjo wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ew cannot stand Strome. I think the kid is gonna be a bust. Beanpole who cannot skate. You need wheels and strength in the NHL. I'd take Provorov at 3rd over Hanafin. Stromes brother is playing alright but he certainly isn't living up to his draft status

Agreed on Strome. Put up really weak numbers in the playoffs when all the focus was on McDavid. If #3 is between Marner, Strome and Hanifin I would take Marner or Hanifin any day depending on what I needed. Strome went from 1.9 pts/g in the regular season to 1.1 in the playoffs. McDavid went from 2.55 in the regular season to 2.45. Marner went from 2 pts/g in the regular season to 2.29 pts/g in the playoffs. Yes, this paragraph is stat watching at its finest, but I also watched a few games of the OHL playoffs vs the Grayhounds and Generals and Strome failed the eye test there as well.
Sounds like a perfect fit for the leaves
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

givemeda411 wrote:A little off topic, but does anyone know if Day 2 of the draft will be broadcasted? Can't seem to find any info. I know last year it was either on nhlnetwork or the nhl.com.
Saturday June 27, 7:00 AM on NHL Network.
____
Try to focus on someday.