The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7575
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by micky107 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:08 am

Image
"evolution"

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7005
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:34 am

Mods has tuna lurked in here? I'm betting not...

Its hard to see the keys with a paper bag on your head
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9216
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by rats19 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:36 am

Haven’t seen him Danny boy

Last visit was Sunday the 21st at 11:44am
You are who you hang with.....

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by ESQ » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:31 am

God the Leaves Meltdown is priceless!

Three days ago its No one's talking about firing Babcock now, with Leaves’ first-round master class in session, today they're actually bothering to do their research on his lousy performance for the past decade/since Lidstrom retired! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8329
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:28 am

Topper wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:27 pm
Cornuck wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:40 pm
Image
is that a black armband?
Blood pressure monitor.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 20361
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:10 pm

.

Leaves fans are blaming Bieber, Drake, Babcock, Gardiner... in that order.

A few are saying Leaves would have won if Chara received 5+game for a phantom sucker punch on PJ Boy.

PJ Boy admitted post-game he dove on the play in an attempt to draw a penalty.

(he pretended to be out cold at the end of the second period)

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7005
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:45 pm

rats19 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:36 am
Haven’t seen him Danny boy

Last visit was Sunday the 21st at 11:44am
:lol:

Leaves fans. What can you say...

Speaking of paper bags...where old paddy and his vudeo montages?
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4662
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Tuna, man up and come back here or be forever labeled a chicken shit.

I say be nice to everyone except Laugh fans, that hole (for SL) city can burn in hell.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 20361
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 pm
I say be nice to everyone except Laugh fans, that hole (for SL) city can burn in hell.
But Pigtown is a "hole". :eh:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
rikster
MVP
MVP
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:41 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by rikster » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am

I’m looking forward to watching the likes of Tampa and Nashville and Vegas and especially the Leaves work thru their cap issues and large ticket, non performing players....

Read that none of the remaining teams still in the playoffs have a $10 million contract, the Leaves might have 3....

This is great for Benning and company who can go to go to school and take notes on how these various teams attack their issues....

Take care...

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14598
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 am

Not sure I want to see the Canucks copycatting the flavour of the day. Teams are built through the draft and having high end players that make big money and show up in the playoffs has been a recipe for success over the years. You also need copious amounts of depths and good kids on entry level contracts
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by ESQ » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:27 am

rikster wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am

Read that none of the remaining teams still in the playoffs have a $10 million contract, the Leaves might have 3....
Huh. That's an interesting stat.

Though there are still very few $10+ million players so that somewhat explains it, but Benn at $9mil is the only top-20 contract remaining.

User avatar
rikster
MVP
MVP
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:41 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by rikster » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 am
Not sure I want to see the Canucks copycatting the flavour of the day. Teams are built through the draft and having high end players that make big money and show up in the playoffs has been a recipe for success over the years. You also need copious amounts of depths and good kids on entry level contracts

Much more complicated...

These teams have cap issues and will have to make some tough decisions...

Some have poor or underperforming contracts....for as much as we beat up Erikssons contract, is it as bad as Turris’s?

Is Johanson good value at $8 million ?

Some have issues with how their teams were built and they all have players who are at the peak of their careers and are about to start the downside...

There are a multitude of varying issues with these and other teams who are still very good teams, how each gets it right and where some got it wrong will help Benning and company navigate going forward...

I’ve thought for awhile that the Canucks should stay away from the UFA market and instead weaponize their cap space, with what’s happened in the first round I suspect we will hear more and more of the pundits getting on board with this approach ...

Wouldn’t it be ironic if Vegas is forced to give away valuable assets in order to move an expensive contract given the way they weaponizef the expansion draft to deal with their cap issues?

Almost $2 million over next years cap with 17 contracts signed for next year...

Take care...

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6531
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:58 am

rikster wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 am
Not sure I want to see the Canucks copycatting the flavour of the day. Teams are built through the draft and having high end players that make big money and show up in the playoffs has been a recipe for success over the years. You also need copious amounts of depths and good kids on entry level contracts

Much more complicated...

These teams have cap issues and will have to make some tough decisions...

Some have poor or underperforming contracts....for as much as we beat up Erikssons contract, is it as bad as Turris’s?

Is Johanson good value at $8 million ?

Some have issues with how their teams were built and they all have players who are at the peak of their careers and are about to start the downside...

There are a multitude of varying issues with these and other teams who are still very good teams, how each gets it right and where some got it wrong will help Benning and company navigate going forward...

I’ve thought for awhile that the Canucks should stay away from the UFA market and instead weaponize their cap space, with what’s happened in the first round I suspect we will hear more and more of the pundits getting on board with this approach ...

Wouldn’t it be ironic if Vegas is forced to give away valuable assets in order to move an expensive contract given the way they weaponizef the expansion draft to deal with their cap issues?

Almost $2 million over next years cap with 17 contracts signed for next year...

Take care...
I just checked capfriendly, they are at $82.3M on the cap for next year, and that includes David Clarkson and Erik Haula on LTIR as well as the retained salary from Tatar. You are correct about only 17 contracts though.

They will have to move some parts out, no question, but they aren't in a bind because almost all of their players are easy trades. Outside of Stone, Stastny and Pacioretty, they don't have anything over $6M.....oh and MAF, but he's not going anywhere.

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8329
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:23 am

rikster wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am
I’m looking forward to watching the likes of Tampa and Nashville and Vegas and especially the Leaves work thru their cap issues and large ticket, non performing players....

Read that none of the remaining teams still in the playoffs have a $10 million contract, the Leaves might have 3....

This is great for Benning and company who can go to go to school and take notes on how these various teams attack their issues....

Take care...
Considering there are only 8 $10M cap-hits in the league at the moment, and one has an asterisk (Nylander), this doesn't surprise me.

A quick scan of recent cup winners will show that teams generally win with star players, who tend to get paid eventually.

Even if you do decide that depth is preferable to highly paid talent, it's tough to sell "we had to trade our best player because he got too expensive" to the fan-base.

Post Reply