The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14295
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Micky »

Sorry about the size, but I think, as a photographer myself, this image is epic.
.
Image
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:52 pm Tuna is always right. He must called for a leaves loss tonight.
I did. Notice I never came out and guaranteed a win like the 2 they won? I am 4-4 in this series. I am calling for a Toronto victory in game 5.

If I shut up, it means I think Boston will win :D


Toronto was the better 5 on 5 team last night. They have matched Boston in every way in this series.
Last edited by BigTuna on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 pm $10.2 million William - 4 games - 1 goal 1 assist. $7 million per for the next 5 years

Nicolaj Mason Raymond Ehlers (5’-11” 170 lbs always injured) 4 games - 0 goals 0 assists makes $6 Million per year for the next 6 years

Blob and his buddy Island Nucklehead love these two players
Patrick Marleau-1 point 6.3 milllion. Why does he get a free ride? Because he's a "Classy" veteran?

NYlander gets 70+ points next season. Book it. Marleau is a 4th line 6.3 million washed-up has been who will be 40 next season.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19477
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

At least we don’t have to hear about Marner’s shot block anymore. It’s like the Toronto media has never seen a shot block in there lives. They should run tape of some of Elias Pettersson’s shot blocking he did throughout the year

Paddy your thoughts?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19477
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:45 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 pm $10.2 million William - 4 games - 1 goal 1 assist. $7 million per for the next 5 years

Nicolaj Mason Raymond Ehlers (5’-11” 170 lbs always injured) 4 games - 0 goals 0 assists makes $6 Million per year for the next 6 years

Blob and his buddy Island Nucklehead love these two players
Patrick Marleau-1 point 6.3 milllion. Why does he get a free ride? Because he's a "Classy" veteran?

NYlander gets 70+ points next season. Book it. Marleau is a 4th line 6.3 million washed-up has been who will be 40 next season.
Toronto spends the most on analytics and capilogists, Gilman the Great is one of them.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:46 am At least we don’t have to hear about Marner’s shot block anymore. It’s like the Toronto media has never seen a shot block in there lives. They should run tape of some of Elias Pettersson’s shot blocking he did throughout the year

Paddy your thoughts?
You are leavng out a big part though, the day after that blocked shot all Toronto media discussed was an offersheet and Marner is gone this summer. Would Vancouver media do that with Petersson?

Darren Dreger's opening line on Leaves lunch for his segment the night after that shot block? "Can you Say Offersheet"(100% that's what he said) No way he does that to any other Canadian team.
Imagine him saying that about a Jets player? They'd go crazy.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 8025
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:42 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:52 pm Tuna is always right. He must called for a leaves loss tonight.
I did. Notice I never came out and guaranteed a win like the 2 they won? I am 4-4 in this series. I am calling for a Toronto victory in game 5.

If I shut up, it means I think Boston will win :D


Toronto was the better 5 on 5 team last night. They have matched Boston in every way in this series.
Except on the scoreboard in games 2 and 4.....but yeah. Good stuff.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19477
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boston keeps up with the relentless forecheck taking away ice, space and time it’s over for the Dubas Collective
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 am You are leavng out a big part though, the day after that blocked shot all Toronto media discussed was an offersheet and Marner is gone this summer. Would Vancouver media do that with Petersson?

Darren Dreger's opening line on Leaves lunch for his segment the night after that shot block? "Can you Say Offersheet"(100% that's what he said) No way he does that to any other Canadian team.
Imagine him saying that about a Jets player? They'd go crazy.
That's because no other Canadian team is in such bad cap space that an offer sheet is a concern.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19477
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:49 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 am You are leavng out a big part though, the day after that blocked shot all Toronto media discussed was an offersheet and Marner is gone this summer. Would Vancouver media do that with Petersson?

Darren Dreger's opening line on Leaves lunch for his segment the night after that shot block? "Can you Say Offersheet"(100% that's what he said) No way he does that to any other Canadian team.
Imagine him saying that about a Jets player? They'd go crazy.
That's because no other Canadian team is in such bad cap space that an offer sheet is a concern.
This might throw Blobbee off. He’s under a different impression with regards to Eriksson’s contract impact. But that’s just Blob
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:49 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 am You are leavng out a big part though, the day after that blocked shot all Toronto media discussed was an offersheet and Marner is gone this summer. Would Vancouver media do that with Petersson?

Darren Dreger's opening line on Leaves lunch for his segment the night after that shot block? "Can you Say Offersheet"(100% that's what he said) No way he does that to any other Canadian team.
Imagine him saying that about a Jets player? They'd go crazy.
That's because no other Canadian team is in such bad cap space that an offer sheet is a concern.
Winnipeg is in bad shape, you are just not aware of it because media leaves them alone. Same with that epic choke job last night.

Toronto will have cap issues because they are the most talented team in Canada.

Leaves take it tonight.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:41 am Boston keeps up with the relentless forecheck taking away ice, space and time it’s over for the Dubas Collective
I think you are confusing the Tampa/Columbus series with Toronto/Boston. Toronto has been better than Boston.
ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:44 am
I think you are confusing the Tampa/Columbus series with Toronto/Boston. Toronto has been better than Boston.
So Toronto is just screwed by terrible playoff goaltending?

Oh wait, it's the refs and linesmen's fault.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:20 am
BigTuna wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:44 am
I think you are confusing the Tampa/Columbus series with Toronto/Boston. Toronto has been better than Boston.
So Toronto is just screwed by terrible playoff goaltending?

Oh wait, it's the refs and linesmen's fault.
The series is 2-2...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:43 am
ESQ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:49 am
BigTuna wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 am You are leavng out a big part though, the day after that blocked shot all Toronto media discussed was an offersheet and Marner is gone this summer. Would Vancouver media do that with Petersson?

Darren Dreger's opening line on Leaves lunch for his segment the night after that shot block? "Can you Say Offersheet"(100% that's what he said) No way he does that to any other Canadian team.
Imagine him saying that about a Jets player? They'd go crazy.
That's because no other Canadian team is in such bad cap space that an offer sheet is a concern.
Winnipeg is in bad shape, you are just not aware of it because media leaves them alone. Same with that epic choke job last night.

Toronto will have cap issues because they are the most talented team in Canada.

Leaves take it tonight.

HAHA. 5 for 5 in this series. I called Toronto in 6 prior to the start. It ends on Sunday. GO Leaves GO
Post Reply