The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1328
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect when it comes to the evaluation of our own picks. Any that show promise are instantly proclaimed to be diamond finds by JB while others we are told to wait and see (i.e. the book hasn’t been written). Shouldn’t this standard either apply to all or none? And if we apply the standard to our own picks shouldn’t it also be applied to those of another team?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6390
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by micky107 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 am

ESQ wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm
Jake has a reasonably good chance of having more goals this season than both Nylander and Ehlers.

But good thing we've written the book on him at the age of 22!
Image

I think he agrees with you... :)
https://twitter.com/canucks/status/1060 ... 98?lang=en
"evolution"

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4376
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 am

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm
There seems to be a bit of a disconnect when it comes to the evaluation of our own picks. Any that show promise are instantly proclaimed to be diamond finds by JB while others we are told to wait and see (i.e. the book hasn’t been written). Shouldn’t this standard either apply to all or none? And if we apply the standard to our own picks shouldn’t it also be applied to those of another team?
Never try to bring reason or common sense onto this site, some cannot handle it.

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1998
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by ESQ » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Who’s written any books?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Well they should have drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen. That goes without saying.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am

ESQ wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Who’s written any books?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Well they should have drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen. That goes without saying.
Do you have a point?
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19284
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am
ESQ wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Who’s written any books?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Well they should have drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen. That goes without saying.
Do you have a point?
WHOOSH
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19284
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 am
DonCherry4PM wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm
There seems to be a bit of a disconnect when it comes to the evaluation of our own picks. Any that show promise are instantly proclaimed to be diamond finds by JB while others we are told to wait and see (i.e. the book hasn’t been written). Shouldn’t this standard either apply to all or none? And if we apply the standard to our own picks shouldn’t it also be applied to those of another team?
Never try to bring reason or common sense onto this site, some cannot handle it.
What is this? True Confessions?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am
ESQ wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Who’s written any books?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Well they should have drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen. That goes without saying.
Do you have a point?
WHOOSH
Hey Cholla answered for his puppet!! That’s impressive.

I’ll dumb it down for you guys.

The book isn’t written on Virtanen as he should continue to improve however modestly. I’m ok with him as a cheap 3rd line guy who just may become a 2nd liner.

Ehlers and Nylander were better picks and are better players. They too should improve a decent amount.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:34 pm

nm
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 10366
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Topper » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:34 pm
nm
wooosh
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 13437
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Blob, so you’d take the two playoff no shows - Nylander (1 goal 2 assists 14 games) and/or Ehler (5’-11” 170 lbs, always injured) and their contracts on your Canucks payroll any day of the week?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:16 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm
Blob, so you’d take the two playoff no shows - Nylander (1 goal 2 assists 14 games) and/or Ehler (5’-11” 170 lbs, always injured) and their contracts on your Canucks payroll any day of the week?
Yes
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19284
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:18 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am
ESQ wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Who’s written any books?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Well they should have drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen. That goes without saying.
Do you have a point?
WHOOSH
Hey Cholla answered for his puppet!! That’s impressive.
:roll:

The "WHOOSH" implies Mr ESQ already answered the question.

You missed that?

WHOOSH AGAIN
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:57 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:18 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 am
ESQ wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Who’s written any books?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Well they should have drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen. That goes without saying.
Do you have a point?
WHOOSH
Hey Cholla answered for his puppet!! That’s impressive.
:roll:

The "WHOOSH" implies Mr ESQ already answered the question.

You missed that?

WHOOSH AGAIN
Puppet ESQ did nothing. He proved nothing other than he enjoys your thumb.

Winner : Blobcat :mex:
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19284
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Blob, you're a mass murderer of brain cells, get your ass in rehab!!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply