The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4677
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by micky107 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:40 am

Lancer wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 am
BigTuna wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:38 am
The problem with Toronto is not D, goaltending. It is the coach.

1. Zach Hyman, 21:24


That was the forward last night with the most TOI. approx. 6 hours prior to the game yesterday, Babcock mentioned the issue with the poor home record was low shooting % at home. What's the answer? Play a guy who is useless offensively the most of course!

Kapanen can't get PP time though and Hyman can get over 4 minutes PP time per game..
duh...

huh...

So now it’s the coach’s fault, right?

The same coach you guys were crowing about when he signed there after his glory years and multiple Cups in Detroit? The same Olympic Gold Medal-winning coach that everyone in Hogtown said was going to take their wretched team back to glory years only their grandfathers had witnessed?

Yeah, how’s that going?

BTW, Paul Maurice says hi after Winnipeg’s playoff run last year - with no Generational messiah like Matthews or McJesus. Just a team with good talent depth up front and a solid blueline to go with superior goaltending - things your team does not have.

Thing is, I see your comments above as the bow-wave of the next chapter in the Sportsnet/TSN slobber-fest. Shit-can Babcock! It’s the coach’s fault! If only we had a coach with the pedigree to take us to the promised land... hey wait a minute! Who just came on the market??? Of COURSE Quenneville wants to coach the Leaves! It’ll be his dream come true!!! Just a phone call from Shanahan, and it’s a done deal! Blablahblahblah.....

Let’s just say that I find your latest wet fart and it’s timing...

...a little funny-smelling.
Be a really spiffy buy-out though.
"evolution"

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9800
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Topper » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:59 am

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:38 am
The problem with Toronto is not D, goaltending. It is the coach.

1. Zach Hyman, 21:24


That was the forward last night with the most TOI. approx. 6 hours prior to the game yesterday, Babcock mentioned the issue with the poor home record was low shooting % at home. What's the answer? Play a guy who is useless offensively the most of course!

Kapanen can't get PP time though and Hyman can get over 4 minutes PP time per game..
I'm sure Doobie has the numbers.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Lancer wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 am
BigTuna wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:38 am
The problem with Toronto is not D, goaltending. It is the coach.

1. Zach Hyman, 21:24


That was the forward last night with the most TOI. approx. 6 hours prior to the game yesterday, Babcock mentioned the issue with the poor home record was low shooting % at home. What's the answer? Play a guy who is useless offensively the most of course!

Kapanen can't get PP time though and Hyman can get over 4 minutes PP time per game..
duh...

huh...

So now it’s the coach’s fault, right?

The same coach you guys were crowing about when he signed there after his glory years and multiple Cups in Detroit? The same Olympic Gold Medal-winning coach that everyone in Hogtown said was going to take their wretched team back to glory years only their grandfathers had witnessed?

Yeah, how’s that going?

BTW, Paul Maurice says hi after Winnipeg’s playoff run last year - with no Generational messiah like Matthews or McJesus. Just a team with good talent depth up front and a solid blueline to go with superior goaltending - things your team does not have.

Thing is, I see your comments above as the bow-wave of the next chapter in the Sportsnet/TSN slobber-fest. Shit-can Babcock! It’s the coach’s fault! If only we had a coach with the pedigree to take us to the promised land... hey wait a minute! Who just came on the market??? Of COURSE Quenneville wants to coach the Leaves! It’ll be his dream come true!!! Just a phone call from Shanahan, and it’s a done deal! Blablahblahblah.....

Let’s just say that I find your latest wet fart and it’s timing...

...a little funny-smelling.

The team is 10-5. What is Babcock's fault exactly? I have issues with his player usage more than the D or goaltending.
And Winnipeg lost twice to Toronto this year. Toronto D is playing better and so is Andersen.

I am not a Quennville fan.

I find it ironic I rip something on Toronto and you have a massive issue with it.


Hellebuyck:
11 11 5 5 1 33 354 321 .907 3.01


Andersen:

13 13 8 5 0 28 394 366 .929 2.18

Toronto-GA 40, 15 games

Jets-GA 38, 14 games

Toronto vs Jets this season- 2-0

Toronto- 20 points in 15 games

Jets-17 points in 14 games


Sorry, which team is better and has better D and goaltending? And what trophy did the Jets win for losing to an expansion team in the playoffs? Or perhaps being the best team in Atlanta Thrashers history does it.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17368
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:43 pm

FFS Tunes, your team hasn't won a round in 14 years

... why can't you see that no one is going to take them seriously no matter what you say.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17368
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:44 pm

ESQ wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:17 am
I suppose in fairness, nobody thought the Leaves would be able to keep Nylander while signing Tavares to a UFA contract.

This has turned out to be true.
"We can and we will." :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 am

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:43 pm
FFS Tunes, your team hasn't won a round in 14 years

... why can't you see that no one is going to take them seriously no matter what you say.

The ironic thing is I am talking about 2018 and you are rambling on about a time when Kasperi Kapanen's dad beat Toronto...
Last edited by BigTuna on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17368
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:41 pm

The ironic thing is someone bragging about "an elite team" that can’t win in the playoffs.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:41 pm
The ironic thing is someone bragging about "an elite team" that can’t win in the playoffs.
Never called them elite prior to this year. So you are wrong again.

Is Leo Komorov going to win a Selke BTW?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17368
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:18 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:41 pm
The ironic thing is someone bragging about "an elite team" that can’t win in the playoffs.
Never called them elite prior to this year.
Right, you called a team that can’t win in the playoffs "elite".

BigTuna wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Is Leo Komorov going to win a Selke BTW?
I already told you a player has to put up plenty of points to win the Selke...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:02 am

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:18 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:41 pm
The ironic thing is someone bragging about "an elite team" that can’t win in the playoffs.
Never called them elite prior to this year.
Right, you called a team that can’t win in the playoffs "elite".

BigTuna wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Is Leo Komorov going to win a Selke BTW?
I already told you a player has to put up plenty of points to win the Selke...

Leaves can win the cup this year. Hanging on to past year's accomplishments is stupid.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11718
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:20 am

I can’t wait until the Leaves lose the poker game and hand the playoff no-show Nylander an $8 million per year contract further crippling their cap space
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17368
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 am

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:02 am
Leaves can win the cup this year.
:roll:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:44 am

Tuner the only way the leaves ever win another cup is if the 25+ teams that have been added through expansion since they last won fold up shop and disappear.

In other words...make sure your paper bag is nicely folded and presentable....you'll be needing it every spring til youre ready for the box
nobody forks...with the jesus

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:25 am

Leaves=4th best team GAA in the NHL.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7559
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Cornuck » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 am

BigTuna wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:25 am
Leaves=4th best team GAA in the NHL.
Better start planning that fuckin' parade, eh Tuned? :D
2018-19 - The Road to 82

Post Reply