The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:07 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
You will not find one single Canucks fan on here agreeing with you saying Komorov was one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL. You are embarrasing yourself. He wasn't even good defensively last year.
Wrong.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
Where was that acclaim about Leo when he was a Leaf/ I never heard you say that.
It is my policy to never say anything good about a player for the Leaves.

But again I challenge you to find a Strangelove post where I say anything negative about Uncle Leo.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
And no, there are no Leaf forward worse defensevly than Bozak and JVR.
If the two guys who are supposed to replace them (Kapanen + Johnsson) make the team

... then yes, they are worse defensively (and offensively).

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
And BTW, 37 goals in, 36 goals out, did you not count assists?
There won't be more assists this year just because Tavares is there.

You have to factor in 39-yr-old Marleau (20 assists) and 37-yr-old Hainsey (19 assists) slowing down

... plus the loss of Bozak (32 assists)

... and the fact Kadri (23 assists) will see less icetime/have worse wingers with JT in town.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
Tavres had 84 points last season with a terrible team.
Islanders scored just 9 goals less than Leaves last season

... and as pointed out, Leaves are no better offensively this year when you look at the big picture.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
And how many times do I have to explain to you Johnsson's age is irrelevant?
Actually you haven't done that yet...

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
He is a 7th rounder. Was he supposed to make the NHl at age 19? Check the ages of the 6th/7th rounders,m always 23 and up.
That doesn't change the fact he is extremely unlikely to be the difference-maker you claim he will be this season.

Do you know how crazy that sounds, 24 in November and he has played just 9 NHL games... on the fourth line.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
If you had a choice you are picking Johnsson over Komorov for the Canucks. Stop it.
Wrong.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:08 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 am
rats19 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 am
It’s not “team d” it’s the actual “D” the defencemen
The D that allowed the lowest GA in the East after Jan 1st?
Well they didn’t have the lowest GA PER GAME

… but they did allow less goals per game from that particular point

… right up until the playoffs started, gotta love Andy! :lol:


BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 am
Morgan Rielly is just getting started. Top 20 D easily in the NHL. He plays top 5 toughest QOC minutes and can get you 50-60 points easy.
STOP IT, you know damn well even Leafers agree Rielly sucks defensively, omg wot an assclown! :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:09 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 am
You have noi idea how good this team is. Tavres/Marner/Nylander (when signed)/Matthews/Marleau/Kadri. That's killer. They'll be #1 in the East this year.
JVR (36 goals) out, JT (37 goals) in, less icetime/points for Kadri with JT there, Marleau crashes at age 39, book it.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:10 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:39 am
The last 3 cup winners all had avg to below avg D. One had Ron Hainsey as their top-pairing D.
Pens’ top 6 dmen all played second-pairing minutes after Letang got injured in late February.

Also that was 2 seasons ago, Hainsey will be 38 by next playoffs

... and everyone knows he fell apart late last season, may he RIP.

I mean did you even watch the Leaves in the playoffs?? :eh:

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:39 am
And Matthews and Marner havent even scratched the surface of what they can do.
So if those two prove you right this season Leaves are looking at $20M+ per for the pair? :mex:

We can and we will.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:12 pm

ESQ wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:28 pm
This is the kind of Yellow Journalism that sickens me...
Gold, Paddy! Thanks for posting!
Tuna should watch and listen carefully to every second of that video, but we know he won't...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by ESQ » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:12 pm
ESQ wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:28 pm
This is the kind of Yellow Journalism that sickens me...
Gold, Paddy! Thanks for posting!
Tuna should watch and listen carefully to every second of that video, but we know he won't...

He's too busy signing the petition to get rid of Sid.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11538
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Tuna remembers the wrestling matches he used to have with Gordon Stuckless in the dressing rooms


Stuckless kept winning :evil: :twisted:
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 pm
Tuna remembers the wrestling matches he used to have with Gordon Stuckless in the dressing rooms


Stuckless kept winning :evil: :twisted:
Yeah but Tuna let him win. :wink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11538
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:36 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 pm
Tuna remembers the wrestling matches he used to have with Gordon Stuckless in the dressing rooms


Stuckless kept winning :evil: :twisted:
Yeah but Tuna let him win. :wink:
:lol:
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:07 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
You will not find one single Canucks fan on here agreeing with you saying Komorov was one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL. You are embarrasing yourself. He wasn't even good defensively last year.
Wrong.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
Where was that acclaim about Leo when he was a Leaf/ I never heard you say that.
It is my policy to never say anything good about a player for the Leaves.

But again I challenge you to find a Strangelove post where I say anything negative about Uncle Leo.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
And no, there are no Leaf forward worse defensevly than Bozak and JVR.
If the two guys who are supposed to replace them (Kapanen + Johnsson) make the team

... then yes, they are worse defensively (and offensively).

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
And BTW, 37 goals in, 36 goals out, did you not count assists?
There won't be more assists this year just because Tavares is there.

You have to factor in 39-yr-old Marleau (20 assists) and 37-yr-old Hainsey (19 assists) slowing down

... plus the loss of Bozak (#5 in assists)

... and the fact Kadri will see less icetime/have worse wingers with JT in town.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
Tavres had 84 points last season with a terrible team.
Islanders scored just 9 goals less than Leaves last season

... and as pointed out, Leaves are no better offensively this year when you look at the big picture.

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
And how many times do I have to explain to you Johnsson's age is irrelevant?
Actually you haven't done that yet...

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
He is a 7th rounder. Was he supposed to make the NHl at age 19? Check the ages of the 6th/7th rounders,m always 23 and up.
That doesn't change the fact he is extremely unlikely to be the difference-maker you claim he will be this season.

Do you know how crazy that sounds, 24 in November and he has played just 9 NHL games on the fourth line...

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am
If you had a choice you are picking Johnsson over Komorov for the Canucks. Stop it.
Wrong.

You don't follow hockey, do you?
JVR is better defensively than Kapanen? LOL. Why was Kapanen on the PK all year?

And yes, you will not find a single Canuck fans who agrees Leo Komorov is a top defensive NHL forward. Where's his Selke?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm
You don't follow hockey, do you?
JVR is better defensively than Kapanen? LOL. Why was Kapanen on the PK all year?
All Kappy (9th in Leaves PK minutes) did on the PK is look for shorthanded breakaways, he was horrid defensively...

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm
Where's his Selke?
Believe it or not you have to put up stellar OFFENSIVE numbers to win the Selke defensive award, look at the winners:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_J._Selke_Trophy
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm
You don't follow hockey, do you?
JVR is better defensively than Kapanen? LOL. Why was Kapanen on the PK all year?
All Kappy (9th in Leaves PK minutes) did on the PK is look for shorthanded breakaways, he was horrid defensively...

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm
Where's his Selke?
Believe it or not you have to put up stellar OFFENSIVE numbers to win the Selke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_J._Selke_Trophy
And where was JVR in PK minutes?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:55 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:53 pm
And where was JVR in PK minutes?
UMMMMMM... they tend to use 36-goal-scorers in offensive situations. :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:55 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:53 pm
And where was JVR in PK minutes?
UMMMMMM... they tend to use 36-goal-scorers in offensive situations. :lol:
You mean on the PP and not 5 on 5 because he's so bad defensively.

The team is better defensively with him and Bozak gone.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17744
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:12 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:08 pm
The team is better defensively with him and Bozak gone.
Not if the replacements are Kapanen + Johnsson. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply