The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Just like the Oilers, Laughs are nothing but a forward team. Will they make the right call and trade 1 of their star forwards for a good defender?

Probably not, the lunch box team there is stuck on scoring goals and do not understand what it takes to win a series. Maybe Budcock will tell everyone how many rings he has.

Edit - funny on Laughs Sportsnet, top news yesterday was that the Laughs cut practice short. LOL, that network is absolutely fracked up.

Oh no- Laughs lost again with 0.867 GAA tonight.

Poor Tuna.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Well at least the air will remain fresh.
The only HW the Canucks need

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:44 pm

BigTuna wrote:
mr perfect wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Lancer wrote:
mr perfect wrote:Andersen might be Danish for Cloutier.
I though Talbot was Franglish for Cloutier... :lol:

Both the Coilers and Leaves - the Canadian hockey media darlings - share these things in common: dynamic offensive star forwards, a 'meh' supporting forward cast, a suspect blueline and inconsistent goaltending. Sounds like the WCE era Canucks. It'll be fun watching them flail about in the playoffs and break their fans hearts.
You really think the Leaves have a Meh supporting cast? Best depth in the NHL.
Hyperbole much?

Repeating over and over "Rob Ford is the best mayor ever in Canada" doesn't make it true.
Most gaols scored of any team in the NHL and best depth by stats.
Comprehension isn't your strong suit. Best depth in the NHL you claim. How's your defensive depth? Your goaltending depth? You have eight forwards who so far have scored consistently. How is their defensive game? Is Dominic Moore going to continue at his scoring pace? No more likely than Derek Dorset. Zach Hyman? He's off to a fast start, can he continue? This with a creampuff schedule (7 home games, 4 away) with no long road trips, only one time with back to back games and no major injuries. BTW Tampa, St Louis, Ottawa, New Jersey and the Islanders are starting to catch up in goals for. This with about 7/8 of the season to go.

Goal differential for the Leaves this early in the season is +5. Goal differential for the Canucks is +5. Canucks have allowed 15 fewer goals than the Leaves with two of their starting defensemen out with injuries. I'll let you in on a secret - the Canucks won't be making the playoffs this season. Can you guarantee the Leave will make it?

Do you remember the Canadiens fast start last season? Did they win the Stanley Cup?

Last season the Leaves, with no major injuries made the final playoff spot in the East by one point and with no pressure on them went six games with a team that has consistently underachieved in the playoffs. You have now declared them Stanley Cup contenders. Except that had Steven Stamkos not missed 65 games due to injury, the Leaves would have missed the playoffs. Now answer me this about your Leaves' vaunted depth: If Austin Matthews were to go down with an injury next week and miss the rest of the season, would the Leaves still make the playoffs?

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Reefer2 wrote:Just like the Oilers, Laughs are nothing but a forward team. Will they make the right call and trade 1 of their star forwards for a good defender?

Probably not, the lunch box team there is stuck on scoring goals and do not understand what it takes to win a series. Maybe Budcock will tell everyone how many rings he has.

Edit - funny on Laughs Sportsnet, top news yesterday was that the Laughs cut practice short. LOL, that network is absolutely fracked up.

Poor Tuna.
The week before the top story was that Babcock was changing up the line combos. And he wonders why everybody hates Toronto.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:37 am

mr perfect wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Just like the Oilers, Laughs are nothing but a forward team. Will they make the right call and trade 1 of their star forwards for a good defender?

Poor Tuna.
The week before the top story was that Babcock was changing up the line combos. And he wonders why everybody hates Toronto.
The Leaves pay the bills. 12.5 Billion for the rights to show the NHL. You think Jets stories will get them that money back?
Funny how all of you think it's just the networks all loving the Leaves, when in fact it is 100% business.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 am

I avoid TSN and Sportsnets NHL news page. Can't stand the Leaf overload. No other team matters other than Edmonton because of the Toronto born and raised McDavid.l
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:58 am

What about newspapers Pacific Blue ?

Do you read the Province ? The Sun ? The Columbian ? Or just the North Shore News ?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:04 am

The Tri City News
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:23 am

BigTuna wrote:
mr perfect wrote:

Poor Tuna.
The Leaves pay the bills. 12.5 Billion for the rights to show the NHL. You think Jets stories will get them that money back?
Funny how all of you think it's just the networks all loving the Leaves, when in fact it is 100% business.
I and people like me pay the bills. I pay just as much for my cable package as does some one from southern Ontario. I want to see close to equal coverage of all the Canadian NHL teams. Toronto maybe the largest market but the combined market of the other 6 Canadian teams is bigger. To bombard me with stories about how Mitch Marner had Lucky Charms for breakfast or that Tyler Bozak doesn't wipe his ass after taking a dump isn't business, it's bullshit. It's why I call Toronto the navel gazing capital of the universe. All of you think everybody in Canada is just as interested in gazing at your navel as much as you are. So fuck you and your "business". Any business who doesn't have a monopoly and understands all customers are important stay in business by giving all relatively equally good service. If I don't believe my market's needs are being met, I can cut the cable which is what many people the generation behind me are doing. Which I am considering. Is it going to take lost profits before the SportNet gang headquartered in TO get it? SportNet's viewing numbers aren't what they hoped for. Coincidence?

micky107
CC Legend

Post by micky107 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 am

One could almost compare it to our federal political system. :cry:
"evolution"

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:38 am

mr perfect wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
mr perfect wrote:

Poor Tuna.
I and people like me pay the bills. I pay just as much for my cable package as does some one from southern Ontario. I want to see close to equal coverage of all the Canadian NHL teams. Toronto maybe the largest market but the combined market of the other 6 Canadian teams is bigger. To bombard me with stories about how Mitch Marner had Lucky Charms for breakfast or that Tyler Bozak doesn't wipe his ass after taking a dump isn't business, it's bullshit. It's why I call Toronto the navel gazing capital of the universe. All of you think everybody in Canada is just as interested in gazing at your navel as much as you are. So fuck you and your "business". Any business who doesn't have a monopoly and understands all customers are important stay in business by giving all relatively equally good service. If I don't believe my market's needs are being met, I can cut the cable which is what many people the generation behind me are doing. Which I am considering. Is it going to take lost profits before the SportNet gang headquartered in TO get it? SportNet's viewing numbers aren't what they hoped for. Coincidence?
People are not cutting their cable packes because of Leaf coverage, It is happening everywhere across the board. You can get the same content free for streaming. ESPN's viewers are dropping because of this.
People don't subsidize coverage anymore. A private company paid 12.5 billion. They need to get that money back. Southern Ontario has over 1/3rd of the entire Canadian population. Commercial fees are paid in regards to viewers.

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 am

Hey Tuna, Laughs lost, why are you here?

Tell us how wonderful your team is?

Tell us how far they will go with one of the worst GAA and one of the poorest defence? Yeah the cock gave them a shorter practice because he has no freaking clue on how to stop the attack after attack in his own end and didn’t want to give more ammunition to other teams.

If this is the best the Laughs are I truly feel bad for ya bud.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Reefer2 wrote:Hey Tuna, Laughs lost, why are you here?

Tell us how wonderful your team is?

Tell us how far they will go with one of the worst GAA and one of the poorest defence? Yeah the cock gave them a shorter practice because he has no freaking clue on how to stop the attack after attack in his own end and didn’t want to give more ammunition to other teams.

If this is the best the Laughs are I truly feel bad for ya bud.
All I hear are crickets Reef. :lol:

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Laughs up one, bet ya Tuna has a wet spot....

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Wheels on the bus go round and round, then they fall off.