The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:remind me why the Corrado situation was against the rules?
Who said the Corrado situation was against the rules?

Why are you named after a Penguin?
____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

I'm not saying it was against the rules, but rather against the "rules"

How do you send a player down on a conditioning stint when he isn't hurt, wasn't hurt and has never stepped on the ice for you in a game?

They're hoarding a dman when he could be of use to another team. They are slowing down his development as well.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Rayxor wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
You do not know the first thing about Toronto.
The Widow is FROM Toronto.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Guess that means I know a thing or two, eh?
Also, the article didn't say anything that contradicted you. I don't recall you slamming ANY city about its urban planning or revitalization projects.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... /77069928/

I got your 91 jersey on order big boy...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

olpaddy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... /77069928/

I got your 91 jersey on order big boy...
"Mike Babcock Will Never Coach The leaves".
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

vic wrote:
I'm not saying it was against the rules, but rather against the "rules"

How do you send a player down on a conditioning stint when he isn't hurt, wasn't hurt and has never stepped on the ice for you in a game?

They're hoarding a dman when he could be of use to another team. They are slowing down his development as well.
Fact: According to NHl rules, a Player does not need to be "Hurt" to be sent down for a conditioning stint. So what's your point?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Stamkos is is going to want a seven year deal for 80 million. Definitely makes the Sedins deals look like a bargain .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Stamkos is is going to want a seven year deal for 80 million. Definitely makes the Sedins deals look like a bargain .
I hope Yzerman trades him to the leaves for a pair of 1st round picks and a solid player and prospect.

leaves then sign him to Toews money for 8 years.

Stamkos is a really good player, but the bottom line is that he is a faster version of Brett Hull. Stamkos has better hands and a little better passer, but he needs that other guy. He needs his "Marty".
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote:
Fact: According to NHl rules, a Player does not need to be "Hurt" to be sent down for a conditioning stint. So what's your point?
Its fine, the Laffs have opened the door for the Canucks to do the same thing now with Virtanen.

What was once extremely rare (conditioning stint for players riding the pine) has all of a sudden become in vogue - Corrado, Tinordi, Virtanen, Jurco, Smid, etc.

I personally think its shady that a team (ie the Laffs) does this with a player they've plucked off waivers and is able to avoid putting him back on waivers for 2 months, but apparently not against the rules.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ESQ wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Its fine, the Laffs have opened the door for the Canucks to do the same thing now with Virtanen.

What was once extremely rare (conditioning stint for players riding the pine) has all of a sudden become in vogue - Corrado, Tinordi, Virtanen, Jurco, Smid, etc.

I personally think its shady that a team (ie the Laffs) does this with a player they've plucked off waivers and is able to avoid putting him back on waivers for 2 months, but apparently not against the rules.
Virtanen is coming off an injury. That was the intent. Not to use it like the leaves with Corrado and Bernier. It is an abuse but not against the rules, for now. The Corrado camp is very upset. Players feeling it is being abused plus the NHL feeling it is being abused will lead to a tightening of the rules.
The only HW the Canucks need
isle_nuck
CC Rookie

Post by isle_nuck »

ESQ wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Not to help out the fish, but before you throw stones, remember the Canucks did the conditioning stint thing with Horvat last year as well. Pretty sure that was a bit of a work around of the rules as well.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

No matter how dead this forum gets, the leaves thread stays bumping huh guys. So fucking lame.

I can't believe half the posts a day on this site are about Corrado. You do realize he sucks right? :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

isle_nuck wrote:
ESQ wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Not to help out the fish, but before you throw stones, remember the Canucks did the conditioning stint thing with Horvat last year as well. Pretty sure that was a bit of a work around of the rules as well.
No they didn't. Horvat was coming off a shoulder injury. He got injured before they could determine if they were going to keep him or return him to junior. After his recovery they decided to get him a conditioning stint so they could then bring him back to Vancouver. As I said , the intent of the conditioning stint is to send players to the AHL after coming off injuries to help them, well recondition, before inserting them back into the line up. It has never been intended to be used the way the leaves have been using it. In fact, with junior eligible players, conditioning stints have been denied by the NHL when teams have tried to use it for non injured reassignments. See Buffalo.

Toronto is using it for players like Corrado and Bernier to avoid waivers. It would better past the smell test, in Corrado's case, if they inserted him into the leaves line up once he returned.
The only HW the Canucks need
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Rumsfeld wrote:No matter how dead this forum gets, the leaves thread stays bumping huh guys. So fucking lame.

I can't believe half the posts a day on this site are about Corrado. You do realize he sucks right? :lol:
I had a buddy losing his mind when they lost Corrado, how screwed the Canucks were, blah blah blah.

I reminded him he was the 9th-best defenseman on the team.

Didn't hear much from him again :lol:

No doubt though, he's the most talked-about #9 dman since Rory Fitzpatrick!