The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Postby BigTuna » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Not to mention, guys like Bracco, Dermotand Brooks had great seasons

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, the second and 3rd round guys suck, but this year, not having enough in the second and 3rd rounds will be the end of the Leafs!

And BTW, that 17th overall pick sucks! If only they had a guy 50th overall!

You took the short bus to school, right?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:12 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Did you know the Leafs had the most 50 point AND 60 point players in the entire NHl last season?
Like I said, best depth. They were 6th in GF with all those rookies and now they added Marleau. Please tell, who is better?

They'll be dumping JVR who scored about the same as Marleau, so they'd break even except for the facts

... teams will have the kids figured out

... Leaves will face more Number Ones rather than all those backups they saw last year

... and no way do they get as lucky in the Injury Department next season.

FYI your Leaves gave up a helluva lotta goals, that's an important part of the game of hockey...

Please don't live in some parallel universe where JVR has been traded. he is on the team. They have the best depth of forwards in the NHL.

Well if you're going to be that way then 20-goal Connor Brown is no longer on your team.

(so yeah, you just lost goals AND more youth)

The Leaves are within $1.5M of the allowed offseason maximum.

How do they re-sign Connor Brown without trading JVR?

Most Leafers are convinced JVR is gone baby gone... but not you?

Leaves are OVER THE REGULAR SEASON CAP right now... SOMEONE has got to go.

(someone who scores goals, because it's gotta be a big salary going out the door)

BigTuna wrote:The Leafs were 6th in least amount of games lost due to injuries. Good stat, but far from the luckiest.

Well they were the luckiest in regards to top-9 forwards and top-6 defensemen escaping injury.

That won't happen again.

And they're going to continue to give up tons of goals, an important thing in the game of hockey!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:21 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Not to mention, guys like Bracco, Dermotand Brooks had great seasons

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, the second and 3rd round guys suck, but this year, not having enough in the second and 3rd rounds will be the end of the Leafs!

Just because you made some bad selections over the last few years doesn't mean you stop drafting. :hmmm:

BigTuna wrote:And BTW, that 17th overall pick sucks! If only they had a guy 50th overall!

I never said he sucks, it's too soon to determine if he sucks, hell he was just drafted 2 weeks ago!

All I did was dispute your dubious claim that he's a "blue chipper"

... and that he's "the steal of the draft". :roll:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby olpaddy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 am

Strangelove wrote:^ Great post Paddy! :thumbs:

(except for the Leaves eventually winning part of course)

I'm willing to admit my epic hatred of the Leaves might not be 100% rational.

(though I can list many reasons)

But it is a mighty, eternal hatred indeed. :devil:

Yes I know of all the reasons we have for hating the Flames

... but I cheer for them with a passion when they play the Leaves. :twisted:

Water is wet, sky is up, Strangelove hates the Leaves, who can grasp the whys...

I hope the vindictiveness pays off Like I said i don't quite understand it too each there own I don't judge... Having said that it feels different with that team they have decent management and players at the same time and play in a horrible conference they have a shot to do something but Like I said the window is two years after that who knows but if u can tread water for two years with your hatred and hope Crosby stays healthy during that time period I think you will be in good shape as far as seeing them fail...

U might have to sweat out the next two years tho cause they will be all in to try and make it work before they have to pay good pieces...
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:43 am

The Darlings of Hockey Canada - Leafs and Oilers

Oilers 3rd best odds to draft McDavid or Eichel win the lottery and draft McDavid
Coyotes have the best odds at drafting McDavid or Eichel drop to 3rd pick - Strome - Ouch

Canucks 3rd best odds to draft one of Matthews or Laine fall back to 5th
Leafs best odds to draft Matthews or Laine stay put at 1st

The Leafs and Oilers are Genius rebuilders
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby BigTuna » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:51 am

RoyalDude wrote:The Darlings of Hockey Canada - Leafs and Oilers

Oilers 3rd best odds to draft McDavid or Eichel win the lottery and draft McDavid
Coyotes have the best odds at drafting McDavid or Eichel drop to 3rd pick - Strome - Ouch

I do agree it takes some "Luck" in having a rebuild go well. But at least the Leafs made very good moves aside from the draft picks. (Adding Babcock, signed a solid young RH D-Man for free when others are trading a Taylor Hall for one, Adding Lou, Dubas, Hunter to the management team, ETC)

Like I said before, and it's been disputed by Doc, but getting Tim Liljegren 17th overall was another massive lucky break at the draft for the Leafs. He's exactly what they are missing and he does indeed possess that bluechip talent you rarely see at 17th overall.

The Marner pick wasn't luck, it took balls to take the small forward over Strome and Hanifan. But it looks like a great call right now. Strome just doesn't have the skating ability to be a true #1 C. If you go back 2 years ago, many thought the Leafs made a bad mistake.

And Nylander should have been gone before the 8th pick (Talking to you Canucks). Thanks for that break.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby micky107 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 am

What's the price for JVR ???
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BigTuna » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:28 pm

micky107 wrote:What's the price for JVR ???

Not sure, but he should have nice value. I am not convinced he'll be moved asap though.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:54 pm

BigTuna wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Darlings of Hockey Canada - Leafs and Oilers

I do agree it takes some "Luck" in having a rebuild go well. But at least the Leafs made very good moves aside from the draft picks. (Adding Babcock, signed a solid young RH D-Man for free when others are trading a Taylor Hall for one, Adding Lou, Dubas, Hunter to the management team, ETC)

Like I said before, and it's been disputed by Doc, but getting Tim Liljegren 17th overall was another massive lucky break at the draft for the Leafs. He's exactly what they are missing and he does indeed possess that bluechip talent you rarely see at 17th overall.

The Marner pick wasn't luck, it took balls to take the small forward over Strome and Hanifan. But it looks like a great call right now. Strome just doesn't have the skating ability to be a true #1 C. If you go back 2 years ago, many thought the Leafs made a bad mistake.

And Nylander should have been gone before the 8th pick (Talking to you Canucks). Thanks for that break.

Lol there's mouth breathers on this board that still think Virtanen will be a better player than Nylander
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol there's mouth breathers on this board that still think Virtanen will be a better player than Nylander

OMG Blob giving Tuna the ole Harry Neale...

Again.

Hey Blob, save some of that sugar for Bountiful Bingo!

Oh no, he's not bitter, he hasn't devolved into a thirsty troll, he can totally handle a rebuild! :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby BigTuna » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:54 pm

BTW, interesting article. The Leafs cap situation is fine and Brown will be signed asap.

https://theathletic.com/74826/2017/07/11/mirtle-no-the-maple-leafs-are-not-really-in-off-season-salary-cap-hell/
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol there's mouth breathers on this board that still think Virtanen will be a better player than Nylander

OMG Blob giving Tuna the ole Harry Neale...

Again.

Hey Blob, save some of that sugar for Bountiful Bingo!

Oh no, he's not bitter, he hasn't devolved into a thirsty troll, he can totally handle a rebuild! :lol:

And again you can make little sense. I just pointed out there's a number of you guzzlers that still wouldn't trade Jake for Nylander and you lose your shit. You have become the biggest troll and its laughable when you accuse others of this tactic.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:06 pm

^ Whatever you say Skintag Necklace! :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:09 pm

BigTuna wrote:BTW, interesting article. The Leafs cap situation is fine and Brown will be signed asap.

https://theathletic.com/74826/2017/07/11/mirtle-no-the-maple-leafs-are-not-really-in-off-season-salary-cap-hell/

You're paying money to read Mirtle?!! :lol:

OMG wot a SCHMUCK!

Ummm... try this article:

https://www.capfriendly.com/articles/39 ... aple-leafs
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Strangelove wrote:^ Whatever you say Skintag Necklace! :lol:

Ok Ice Puppet