The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds »

I love being wrong about this one.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I tried to cheer for the leaves
I even tuned in to nhl radio for a bit of game 7 but I felt nothing.

I hate the bruins too but when I looked at the final score I smiled
Inside and my day got a little brighter.

I think I hate the leaves just that little bit more than the rest of the league.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cheered for the Orr, Esposito, Bucyk Bruins against the Habs and leaves. Never a problem cheering for the Bruins other than in 2011.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

But last night, he 'slept the sleep of the saved and thankful.'

-W.C.
Dec 1941
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

2-3 more days of excuses, entrail-picking and silver lining-manufacturing and that should be it for what we will have to endure from the "national" media about "Canada's Team".

It warms the cockles of my heart today to see all the Leaf fans at work who came out of hiding the past couple of years looking so glum, especially after all the crowing they've been doing about their saviours leading them to a Cup before Vancouver ever does. Get a blueline and a goaltender, and come talk to me then. :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 pm Down 2-0 and everyone celebrated it was over and Kadri got suspended for 3 games and Bruins have had most of the bounces and calls in thsi series.
Being in Boston is their advantage but we do have the momentum. Boston blew a massive opportunity with 6 straight PPs at home and lost in game 5.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Fun fact:
The Laughs are the only Canadian franchise not to win a playoff series in the salary cap era.

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

At 28 years old, he [Andersen] is in his prime, and based on the past two playoff seasons, he has defined himself as a very good goalie in the regular season who falls off a little or a lot in the post-season when the competition gets tougher. - Damien Cox

Doc, do you have your hand up Damien’s ass, or is he just your most well known sock? :lol:
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 am At 28 years old, he [Andersen] is in his prime, and based on the past two playoff seasons, he has defined himself as a very good goalie in the regular season who falls off a little or a lot in the post-season when the competition gets tougher. - Damien Cox

Doc, do you have your hand up Damien’s ass, or is he just your most well known sock? :lol:
Given Cox's track record with the Canucks and Vancouver fans in general, I would lean against the latter. More of a sock of convenience??? :blush:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Yahoo sports saying Lou not coming back?

Seems odd or Yahoo has no idea what they are saying.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:07 am Yahoo sports saying Lou not coming back?

Seems odd or Yahoo has no idea what they are saying.

Yah, I heard it on the car radio this morning...he could stay on as a senior consultant....apparently......
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Sounds like they don't want Luo dealing with the players in any way.

Shocking, he's known as such an accommodating GM. :lol:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Seems they had a 3 year GM contract with the option to move into a senior consulting role after that for 4 years.

Shanny has decided that three years for Lou is enough and told him he intended to stick to their agreement :mrgreen: and not have him back after three years. Lou has yet to decide if he will stick around in an advisory role.

Rumours out there that he could be headed to the NYI in some capacity. His son works for the organization.

Let’s face it, his biggest accomplishment was tanking for Matthews. Leaves have some great pieces but without that tank year their still rebuilding. He made the mistake of thinking the rebuild was over but hasn’t adequately addressed defence and goaltending is just as suspect as ever.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm Let’s face it, his biggest accomplishment was tanking for Matthews. Leaves have some great pieces but without that tank year their still rebuilding. He made the mistake of thinking the rebuild was over but hasn’t adequately addressed defence and goaltending is just as suspect as ever.
Back to back playoff appearances and a 105 points this season. They've been a top-10 regular season team over the past two seasons, better than San Jose, St Louis and Chicago...

They need to fix the things you mention to be an effective playoff team, but that's a lot different from rebuilding.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:26 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm Let’s face it, his biggest accomplishment was tanking for Matthews. Leaves have some great pieces but without that tank year their still rebuilding. He made the mistake of thinking the rebuild was over but hasn’t adequately addressed defence and goaltending is just as suspect as ever.
Back to back playoff appearances and a 105 points this season. They've been a top-10 regular season team over the past two seasons, better than San Jose, St Louis and Chicago...

They need to fix the things you mention to be an effective playoff team, but that's a lot different from rebuilding.
Bah, the Leaves played in the weakest division in the league this year.

They feasted on bottom feeders like Detroit, Montreal, and Florida (well Florida finished the season strongly, but still).

Leaves picked up 20 of 24 possible points from those three teams.

If they were in that other division in the Eastern Conference they would have been a bubble team.

Gonna be tough to fix that dee Lou left them moving forward...
____
Try to focus on someday.