The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:BTW, interesting article. The Leaves cap situation is fine and Brown will be signed asap.

https://theathletic.com/74826/2017/07/1 ... -cap-hell/
You're paying money to read Mirtle?!! :lol:

OMG wot a SCHMUCK!

Ummm... try this article:

https://www.capfriendly.com/articles/39 ... aple-Leaves

My favourite part when I clicked on your link:

Updated: The section "What about LTIR?" Has been updated on July 11, 2017

Mirtle made everyone his bitch. No one even bothered to ask except him.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:15 pm

ESQ wrote:Lol go figure, the Laffs are in salary cap hell and the NHL changes the rules to allow the cap-circumvention.
The rule has been in place for years. Nothing has changed. Leaves have over 5 million in cap space.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:58 pm

BigTuna wrote: My favourite part when I clicked on your link:

Updated: The section "What about LTIR?" Has been updated on July 11, 2017

Mirtle made everyone his bitch. No one even bothered to ask except him.
Everyone in the media (including Mirtle) has always said LTIR can't be used in the off-season.

The other day he wrote an article stating otherwise and Louie the Lam backed him up.

This all inspired Capfriendly to post that update... just after I provided the link. :hmmm:

I guess it's likely that Mirtle/Lou are correct, but there are still reasons why it is almost never done.

I guess the Leaves can put Horton/Lupul on LTIR and sign Brown right away

... but that doesn't mean it would be the prudent thing to do.

It's complicated, but to be able to use ALL the capspace LTIRing Horton/Lupul could provide

... Leaves, at the very least, need to trade away a lot of salary before opening day.

In fact it would be idiotic not to trade away a lot of salary.

Which brings us back to our little debate at hand.

You were saying we should expect the Leaves to keep all their players going into next season.

But even the Leaves aren't stupid enough to do such a thing.

So a miracle happened - understanding of LTIR was turned upside down - but you still lost the debate. :mrgreen:

It's interesting that the Leaves are going all in for the next two seasons.

The "Shanaplan" you swore allegiance to is clearly out the window.

Leaves will have overage-bonuses for 2018-19 for sure now, as well as relying on old men to make a difference.

And yes Virginia you're still a schmuck for paying to read Mirtle.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:^ Whatever you say Skintag Necklace! :lol:
Ok Ice Puppet
What are you trying to say here?

(other than Iceman is thriving inside your head)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11432
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 am

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:^ Whatever you say Skintag Necklace! :lol:
Ok Ice Puppet
What are you trying to say here?

(other than Iceman is thriving inside your head)
I wipe my ass with posters like Iceman
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:06 am

Wait a minute...is it sock season?
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Wait a minute...is it sock season?
Easy big feller.... EASY!!

I was just pointing out the irony of The Poster Formally Known As Skintag Necklace (TPFKASN)

... calling ANYONE ELSE a troll! :lol:

Harsh treatment?

Perhaps, but hey at least I didn't mentioned his Art Vandelay handle amirite? :mrgreen:

Yeahno, socks are no longer tolerated at this site Danny...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 am

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: My favourite part when I clicked on your link:

Updated: The section "What about LTIR?" Has been updated on July 11, 2017

Mirtle made everyone his bitch. No one even bothered to ask except him.
Everyone in the media (including Mirtle) has always said LTIR can't be used in the off-season.

The other day he wrote an article stating otherwise and Louie the Lam backed him up.

This all inspired Capfriendly to post that update... just after I provided the link. :hmmm:

I guess it's likely that Mirtle/Lou are correct, but there are still reasons why it is almost never done.

I guess the Leaves can put Horton/Lupul on LTIR and sign Brown right away

... but that doesn't mean it would be the prudent thing to do.

It's complicated, but to be able to use ALL the capspace LTIRing Horton/Lupul could provide

... Leaves, at the very least, need to trade away a lot of salary before opening day.

In fact it would be idiotic not to trade away a lot of salary.

Which brings us back to our little debate at hand.

You were saying we should expect the Leaves to keep all their players going into next season.

But even the Leaves aren't stupid enough to do such a thing.

So a miracle happened - understanding of LTIR was turned upside down - but you still lost the debate. :mrgreen:

It's interesting that the Leaves are going all in for the next two seasons.

The "Shanaplan" you swore allegiance to is clearly out the window.

Leaves will have overage-bonuses for 2018-19 for sure now, as well as relying on old men to make a difference.

And yes Virginia you're still a schmuck for paying to read Mirtle.
Mirtle confirmed with Daly prior to writing the article. It is true. And it's hilarious that all these "NHL Execs" did not even know the rules (There's been unnamed Execs bashing the Leaves in other articles-glad they don't work for the Leaves, because clearly they did not know LTIR is used in the summer).

They do not have to trade anyone. They have enough for Brown. That is all they need.

And yes, the article was updated after Mirtle's article. I just find it funny even that site had it wrong.

I love how the Leaves ARE the smartest guys in the room. They knew this when virtually no one else did. Is Benning and Linden like that?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:26 pm

BigTuna wrote: it's hilarious that all these "NHL Execs" did not even know the rules (There's been unnamed Execs bashing the Leaves in other articles-glad they don't work for the Leaves, because clearly they did not know LTIR is used in the summer).
Well I can assure you that every single NHL GM and his capologist knew.
BigTuna wrote: They do not have to trade anyone. They have enough for Brown. That is all they need.
Again, it would not be prudent to do so.

For eg. if the only other off-season moves they make is to put Horton on LTIR and sign Brown for $3M

... they would only be able to use $2M of the extra $5.3M Horton's LTIRing provides.

And that would apply for the entire season no matter what.

(I told you there are reasons why off-season LTIR has only been used twice ever)

Also, they would be going into Day One at $7M over the reg season cap

... which would force them to LTIR Lupul as well, which would limit Lupul's $5.25M LTIR space as well.

Lou would be a complete idiot to do this and frankly it is just Not. Gunna. Happen.

(Leaves will strive to be as close to $5.25M-over-cap without going over as possible)
BigTuna wrote: I love how the Leaves ARE the smartest guys in the room. They knew this when virtually no one else did. Is Benning and Linden like that?
Again, put down the koolaid and wake the fuck up, every GM in the league was well aware. :scowl:

Perhaps not "NHL Execs" as in PR guys like Shanahan and Linden.

But you can bet your sweet bippy that every single GM and his capologist were aware...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I love how the Leaves ARE the smartest guys in the room. They knew this when virtually no one else did. Is Benning and Linden like that?
Again, put down the koolaid and wake the fuck up, every GM in the league was well aware. :scowl:

Perhaps not "NHL Execs" as in PR guys like Shanahan and Linden.

But you can bet your sweet bippy that every single GM and his capologist were aware...
How do you know this? "Execs" were quoted as saying LITR cannot be used in the summer.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:12 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I love how the Leaves ARE the smartest guys in the room. They knew this when virtually no one else did. Is Benning and Linden like that?
Again, put down the koolaid and wake the fuck up, every GM in the league was well aware. :scowl:

Perhaps not "NHL Execs" as in PR guys like Shanahan and Linden.

But you can bet your sweet bippy that every single GM and his capologist were aware...
How do you know this? "Execs" were quoted as saying LITR cannot be used in the summer.
The onus is on you to prove GMs were unaware (you said so, I merely contradicted).

As I said, perhaps "NHL Execs" such as Shanahan and Linden were unaware (not part of their job?).

As I also said, 2 other GMs have used off-season LTIR in the past (Daly referred to this).

So yeah, what links do you have to offer? :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by micky107 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 am

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2017 ... air-canada

800 million. :bounce: That's 300 million more then a franchise costs.
"evolution"

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:48 am

micky107 wrote:https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2017 ... air-canada

800 million. :bounce: That's 300 million more then a franchise costs.
Such a successful franchise.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:52 am

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: My favourite part when I clicked on your link:

Updated: The section "What about LTIR?" Has been updated on July 11, 2017

Mirtle made everyone his bitch. No one even bothered to ask except him.
Everyone in the media (including Mirtle) has always said LTIR can't be used in the off-season.

The other day he wrote an article stating otherwise and Louie the Lam backed him up.

This all inspired Capfriendly to post that update... just after I provided the link. :hmmm:

I guess it's likely that Mirtle/Lou are correct, but there are still reasons why it is almost never done.

I guess the Leaves can put Horton/Lupul on LTIR and sign Brown right away

... but that doesn't mean it would be the prudent thing to do.

It's complicated, but to be able to use ALL the capspace LTIRing Horton/Lupul could provide

... Leaves, at the very least, need to trade away a lot of salary before opening day.

In fact it would be idiotic not to trade away a lot of salary.

Which brings us back to our little debate at hand.

You were saying we should expect the Leaves to keep all their players going into next season.

But even the Leaves aren't stupid enough to do such a thing.

So a miracle happened - understanding of LTIR was turned upside down - but you still lost the debate. :mrgreen:

It's interesting that the Leaves are going all in for the next two seasons.

The "Shanaplan" you swore allegiance to is clearly out the window.

Leaves will have overage-bonuses for 2018-19 for sure now, as well as relying on old men to make a difference.

And yes Virginia you're still a schmuck for paying to read Mirtle.
AND everything you said in this post is wrong. Brown is signed (What a steal, 2.1 million per!) and they will be trading no one and still have cap space.

Leaves again are the smartest guy in the room.

And BTW, the forward depth on the Leaves is crazy: Matthews/Marner/Nylander/JVR/Kadri/Marleau/Brown/Bozak.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17614
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:23 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:before opening day.
AND everything you said in this post is wrong.
:roll:

No matter how many times I explain it to you, You. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Marchenko defected, that helped... a little.

But they are still over the the cap by $6.7M.

(all one-way contracts count in the off-season, read: Greening, LoVerde, Mueller)

If they are over the cap by more than $5.3M on the last day of camp

... they will have to use all of both Horton's and Lupul's LTIR room.

And that would be idiotic.

There's more, but I feel I'm wasting my time on you...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply