The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

^ Great post Paddy! :thumbs:

(except for the Leaves eventually winning part of course)

I'm willing to admit my epic hatred of the Leaves might not be 100% rational.

(though I can list many reasons)

But it is a mighty, eternal hatred indeed. :devil:

Yes I know of all the reasons we have for hating the Flames

... but I cheer for them with a passion when they play the Leaves. :twisted:

Water is wet, sky is up, Strangelove hates the Leaves, who can grasp the whys...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:The most important thing is drafting a blue chipper, and somehow they got lucky and managed it at #17-The exact thing they were missing most in the organization-A blue chipper D-Man who is a RH shot.
Not a blue chipper and... not exactly a household name!

Quick Tuna, what's his name?? 8-)

This guy was never a "blue chipper" and was passed over by many teams for good reason...

A prospect + 2nd round draft pick... for,,, 27 games of BRIAN BOYLE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you really sure Tim Liljegren is not a household name? Ironic a guy whining about the leaves not drafting an unknown 3rd rounder is going on about Liljegren being nothing.

The playoff experience was well worth a second rounder. It's not like this team desperately needs prospects. LOL. What will they do, draft another forward?
Last edited by BigTuna on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:^ Great post Paddy! :thumbs:

Water is wet, sky is up, Strangelove hates the Leaves, who can grasp the whys...
Because he pointed out the leaves will win the cup? :D
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:leaves sign Marleau. 3 years. 6.25 per. Rebuild complete!
Like that Tuna ?

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/photo/ ... /157475617

Lots and lots of experience now, EH :lol: :lol:
I do. Best depth of forwards in the entire NHL. They are loaded.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

BigTuna wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:leaves sign Marleau. 3 years. 6.25 per. Rebuild complete!
Like that Tuna ?

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/photo/ ... /157475617

Lots and lots of experience now, EH :lol: :lol:
I do. Best depth of forwards in the entire NHL. They are loaded.
Funny how you find that comment so interesting...

Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Kadri/JVR/Marleau/Brown

Did you know the leaves had the most 50 point AND 60 point players in the entire NHl last season?
Like I said, best depth. They were 6th in GF with all those rookies and now they added Marleau. Please tell, who is better?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:The most important thing is drafting a blue chipper, and somehow they got lucky and managed it at #17-The exact thing they were missing most in the organization-A blue chipper D-Man who is a RH shot.

This guy was never a "blue chipper" and was passed over by many teams for good reason...

A prospect + 2nd round draft pick... for,,, 27 games of BRIAN BOYLE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you really sure Tim Liljegren is not a household name? Ironic a guy whining about the leaves not drafting an unknown 3rd rounder is going on about Liljegren being nothing.

The playoff experience was well worth a second rounder. It's not like this team desperately needs prospects. LOL. What will they do, draft another forward?
UMMM... all teams need a steady influx of prospects forever, are you daft man? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

UMMM... all teams need a steady influx of prospects forever, are you daft man? :eh:
So the leaves do not have a steady influx of prospects? LOL, Are you serious? They just had the best crop of rookies of any NHl team in 36 years. No team since Quebec in 1981 has had 3 rookies score 60+ points.
Last edited by BigTuna on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:^ Great post Paddy! :thumbs:

Because he pointed out the leaves will win the cup? :D
Not sure how you missed that bracketed part...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote: UMMM... all teams need a steady influx of prospects forever, are you daft man? :eh:
So the leaves do not have asteady flux of prospects? LOL, Are you serious? They just had the best crop of rookies of any NHl team in 36 years.
Tuna: "We don't need any more prospects"

Strangelove: "All teams need a steady influx of prospects forever"

Tuna: "We had prospects last year"

:crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote: UMMM... all teams need a steady influx of prospects forever, are you daft man? :eh:
So the leaves do not have asteady flux of prospects? LOL, Are you serious? They just had the best crop of rookies of any NHl team in 36 years.
Tuna: "We don't need any more prospects"

Strangelove: "All teams need a steady influx of prospects forever"

Tuna: "We had prospects last year"

:crazy:
WTF. Those rookies from last season are 19, 20 and 20.. You're acting like they have peaked and are old. Honestly, do you even watch NHL hockey? The leaves kept their 1st round pick and got an elite puck mover. How did they not get prospects? You go on and on about not enough picks in rounds 2 nd 3, yet guys picked in those rounds by the leaves you claim are terrible in past years (Dermot, Nielson, ETC) and then you dismiss the 1st round pick.

Not to mention, guys like Bracco, Dermotand Brooks had great seasons, and Kapanen will actually get a chance to play next season. You're making an odd attempt to say the leaves are old and have no prospects. I know you're doing a "Schtick", but does it worry you others will think you know less about hockey than their grandmothers?

Hockey is played on ice and is 60 minutes long.
Last edited by BigTuna on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Did you know the leaves had the most 50 point AND 60 point players in the entire NHl last season?
Like I said, best depth. They were 6th in GF with all those rookies and now they added Marleau. Please tell, who is better?
They'll be dumping JVR who scored about the same as Marleau, so they'd break even except for the facts

... teams will have the kids figured out

... Leaves will face more Number Ones rather than all those backups they saw last year

... and no way do they get as lucky in the Injury Department next season.

FYI your Leaves also gave up a helluva lotta goals, that's an important part of the game of hockey...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Did you know the leaves had the most 50 point AND 60 point players in the entire NHl last season?
They'll be dumping JVR who scored about the same as Marleau, so they'd break even except for the facts

... Leaves will face more Number Ones rather than all those backups they saw last year

FYI your Leaves gave up a helluva lotta goals, that's an important part of the game of hockey...

Please don't live in some parallel universe where JVR has been traded. he is on the team. They have the best depth of forwards in the NHL.

And injuries, blah, blah, blah. Did you know the leaves had the worst Shootout record in the entire NHL last season? Do you expect that to occur yearly?
The leaves were 6th in least amount of games lost due to injuries. Good stat, but far from the luckiest.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Not to mention, guys like Bracco, Dermotand Brooks had great seasons
:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Not to mention, guys like Bracco, Dermotand Brooks had great seasons
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course, the second and 3rd round guys suck, but this year, not having enough in the second and 3rd rounds will be the end of the leaves!

And BTW, that 17th overall pick sucks! If only they had a guy 50th overall!

You took the short bus to school, right?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

FYI your Leaves gave up a helluva lotta goals, that's an important part of the game of hockey...
Please don't live in some parallel universe where JVR has been traded. he is on the team. They have the best depth of forwards in the NHL.
Well if you're going to be that way then 20-goal Connor Brown is no longer on your team.

(so yeah, you just lost goals AND more youth)

The Leaves are within $1.5M of the allowed offseason maximum.

How do they re-sign Connor Brown without trading JVR?

Most Leafers are convinced JVR is gone baby gone... but not you?

Leaves are OVER THE REGULAR SEASON CAP right now... SOMEONE has got to go.

(someone who scores goals, because it's gotta be a big salary going out the door)
BigTuna wrote: The leaves were 6th in least amount of games lost due to injuries. Good stat, but far from the luckiest.
Well they were the luckiest in regards to top-9 forwards and top-6 defensemen escaping injury.

That won't happen again.

And they're going to continue to give up tons of goals, an important thing in the game of hockey!
____
Try to focus on someday.