The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Paddy oh impatient one. Jake is a unique beast, that size and speed as witnessed on those two goals is a weapon that don't grow trees. He's going to back defenders off to avoid getting blown by from his rushes, that in itself is defensive asset. With Jake it's the intangibles, him vs Nylander and Ehlers is apples to oranges. As Greener says - players like Jake need to cultivate, like your Juolevis, they are not instant gratifiers. I am confident we are going to have a very good power forwar on our hands when he hits his stride
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/PPPLeafs/status/947497650227744768

@PPPLeaves
The leaves are staying as far from the strip as they could, to keep the kids in check.
And... Leaves lose 6-3 to Vegas today in a lackluster display.

This lends credence to the latest Leaves rumour:

My neighbour told me his cousin's stockbroker has a client who is well connected to the organization.

My neighbour says his cousin says the stockbroker says the client says

... that the forced shaving and hair-cutting was one thing

... but not being able to party a bit in Vegas was the last straw!

Says this is the most that Leaf players have been worked-up since Salutegate!

So yeah apparently they refuse to work hard for Louie the Lambanger.

Brave little guys, they're risking getting bent over Lou's knee...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Louie the Lambanger made me think of a player who hates public transit.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:46 pm
BigTuna wrote: Why would I respond to someone who believes the leaves are an old team? That person doesn't know what they are talking about. 2/3rds of the NHL are still older BTW.

Mattews is 19, Marner is 20, Nylander just turned 21. Connor Brown is 23, Hyman 24, Rielly 23, Gardiner 26, Kadri 26, Andersen 28. What the hell are you smoking? Adding older vets in Marleau, Moore and Hainey (And these are supporting pieces who won't be around very long hardly makes them old.
http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams

(click on Avg Age)

As I pointed out a few days ago in this thread, Leaves are the 20th oldest team in the NHL.

And getting older every year, no more "rookies" or "prospects" for you to brag about...
UPDATE: Leaves are the 24th oldest team in the NHL.

There are only 7 teams older than the Leaves!

Hmmm I wonder if Tuna finds this upsetting, remember:
BigTuna wrote: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm The leaves are one of the fastest, youngest teams in the league.
BigTuna wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 pm The leaves have the best collection of wingers in the NHL. Bernier/Reimer are two very good 25 year-old goalies. They are statistically the youngest team in the NHl. Dion Phaneuf was fantastic tonight. A stud who shut down Crosby and Malkin like no one else has this year.

Yes. Contenders.

Nonis made some nice off season additions. The Bernier/Bolland trades were great.
BigTuna wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm They are one of the youngest NHL teams.
LOOK AT THE DATES ON THOSE QUOTES!!! :wow:

THIS GUY HAS BEEN FREEBASING THE KOOLAID FOR DECADES!!!

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.nhl.com/news/frederik-ander ... -294641012

Andersen fined for diving/embellishment in Maple Leaves game vs. Vegas

Goaltender assessed $2,000 for second citation this season.
New strategy when playing Leaves: Run Andersen and then scream "DIVE!!" to the refs. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2015 draft re-cap

Are we still drafting Marner and Bubbles favourite player - Dylan Strome ahead of Boeser?

Boston picks - Zorbil, Senyshyn, Debrusk with Barzal, Boeser, Connor, Chabot still on the board

Chiarelli trades Barzal and Beauvillier for Griffin Reinhart

Bubbles was at times angry at Benning for drafting Boeser instead of Konecny. Boeser 21 goals, Konecny 5 goals

Benning drafts Gaudette in the 5th round. Button places Gaudette - 40th best NHL affiliated prospect
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/statu ... 0385642497

Frederik Andersen with strong words after the #leaves fourth straight loss: “We have to figure out who wants to play for the team.”
@reporterchris
https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status ... 1412776960

Andersen frustrated to face a 2-on-1 when leaves were on PP?

“Yeah. I think a lot of guys on the bench too, pretty frustrated not being on the power play & seeing that kind of effort. I think we got to look each other in the eyes here and determine where we want to go from here.”
https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status ... 8793210880

Frederik Andersen: "I think it’s a lack of effort at certain points. It certainly can’t happen. We got to figure this out if we want to play any meaningful hockey later. We have to figure this out."
https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status ... 3828499456

Andersen: "We’re sitting pretty good. We got it pretty comfortable but there can’t be any reason for not playing the right way. We have to be ready when it comes to (post) all-star, bc it’s going to be tougher for everyone. Teams are trying to catch us & we can’t slide like this"
Trouble in paradise.

Leaves with just 2 regulation wins in their last 8 games, where's Tuna...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

He can't handle a rebuild. :cry:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 am He can't handle a rebuild. :cry:
But wait, last February he proudly proclaimed the rebuild was over:
BigTuna wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:16 pm The leaves do not require more building.
BigTuna wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:13 pm
Strangelove wrote: A prospect + 2nd round draft pick... for,,, 27 games of BRIAN BOYLE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The playoff experience was well worth a second rounder. It's not like this team desperately needs prospects. LOL.
They were on the verge of a Cup according to the Tuna...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Like it or not they gotta be trying to make a move pretty quick.

JVR wants' 6x6.

Nylander requires a mega contract RFA extension all before next years MKUltra contract for Matthews and Marner if they don't deal him for help on defense like a in prime Torontonian Tanev who just so happens to play lights out with Reilly.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:00 pm Like it or not they gotta be trying to make a move pretty quick.

JVR wants' 6x6.

Nylander requires a mega contract RFA extension all before next years MKUltra contract for Matthews and Marner if they don't deal him for help on defense like a in prime Torontonian Tanev who just so happens to play lights out with Reilly.
They are not making a move. JVR will not be kept, He is not worth that contract. I have said since day 1.
Nylander will get a similar deal that Pastrnak got in Boston. So? They have plenty of $ to sign all 3. The cap is going up 5-7 million and JVR is goners. He's getting slower and is too soft and one-dimensional to keep.
And whoops, Looks like there is a no need to get another Dman. Travis Dermott is the real deal. Great scouting Hunter!
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 am A lot of round table discussion in Toronto recently about how it may best to scratch Marner to get him going. Meanwhile - Boeser
Or how about just give Marner more minutes and better linemates like Boeser gets? Did you guys check Marner's ice-time? Nah, it's easier to assume he's on the first line and getting all the minutes. That way you can blame his talent...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Toon-a, it must sting Bigly time seeing Boeser getting drafted ahead of Marner on every 2015 re-draft. Did you watch the All-Star game? Watch out for our other 2015 draft pick - Adam Gaudette. He's a beaut.

Elias Pettersen says hi from way up top of the SHL scoring leader board. You see all the votes he's getting for the no. 1 ranked NHL team afffiliated prospect?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:56 am And whoops, Looks like there is a no need to get another Dman. Travis Dermott is the real deal. Great scouting Hunter!
Wait... Dermott is an established NHL defenseman after 10 NHL games averaging 16 minutes per game??

Never change typical delusional koolaid-slurping Leaves fans!! :lol:

And yes Leaves... PLEASE... go into the playoffs with that pathetic dee group! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.