The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote:Are you for real, Tuna? :lol: My gawd, man. Hyman, Brown are the same ages as Baertschi and Granlund, all 4 have roughly the same points. who the fuck cares. They are disposables ffs. Zaitsev is 25, Stecher is 22, same points roughly, again, who the fuck cares, they are not Werenski's, or Ekblads. Also, Nylander is 1 year older than Horvat, they way you put it, he's light years younger.

You my friend are pure comedy, anyhow, you know I'm right, cause I'm getting a reaction out of you.

Please do us a favour, when gloating just stick to Matthews and Marner maybe, you are delegitimizing your plight by bringing up disposable players on your gloat list.
The problem is the Canucks do not have the elite talent infront of those guys. Sure, you may think Horvat and Virtanen are the equivalent of Matthews+Marner, but they are not. You are delusional.

I'm not sure what you are not getting here. In a cap world you need to identify 4-5 core pieces and add cheap supporting talent. Brown doing what he is as a 6th rounder and being young and cheap is such great news for a team like the leaves. You cannot sign guys like Loui Eriksson for 6 million per for less production than Brown. That's not how you build a winner.

You clearly have no clue. Just like your Canucks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

:lol:
BigTuna wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Are you for real, Tuna? :lol: My gawd, man. Hyman, Brown are the same ages as Baertschi and Granlund, all 4 have roughly the same points. who the fuck cares. They are disposables ffs. Zaitsev is 25, Stecher is 22, same points roughly, again, who the fuck cares, they are not Werenski's, or Ekblads. Also, Nylander is 1 year older than Horvat, they way you put it, he's light years younger.

You my friend are pure comedy, anyhow, you know I'm right, cause I'm getting a reaction out of you.

Please do us a favour, when gloating just stick to Matthews and Marner maybe, you are delegitimizing your plight by bringing up disposable players on your gloat list.
The problem is the Canucks do not have the elite talent infront of those guys. Sure, you may think Horvat and Virtanen are the equivalent of Matthews+Marner, but they are not. You are delusional.

I'm not sure what you are not getting here. In a cap world you need to identify 4-5 core pieces and add cheap supporting talent. Brown doing what he is as a 6th rounder and being young and cheap is such great news for a team like the leaves. You cannot sign guys like Loui Eriksson for 6 million per for less production than Brown. That's not how you build a winner.

What a spectacle you are. :lol: You just can't help yourself regarding the Brown, Hyman, Zaitsev like they are something special. Do us all a favour, Tuna. Just stick to Matthews and Marner maybe, you got traction with those two. But I don't know how many times I have to say this to you, NOBODY GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE REST. :lol:

In this cap world, the Hymans, Browns, are a dime a dozen. Please, enough already.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote::lol:
BigTuna wrote:

What a spectacle you are. :lol: You just can't help yourself regarding the Brown, Hyman, Zaitsev like they are something special. Do us all a favour, Tuna. Just stick to Matthews and Marner maybe, you got traction with those two. But I don't know how many times I have to say this to you, NOBODY GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE REST. :lol:

In this cap world, the Hymans, Browns, are a dime a dozen. Please, enough already.
No one gives a flying fuck about William Nylander. Gotcha. Top 10 NHl prospect in the world. Does that mean Horvat sucks then?

Again, Brown is a very important supporting piece if you want to build a winner. Florida desperately wanted Hyman to stay witth them, but he wanted to leave.

If you think it's easy to get cheap good talent in your bottom 6 forwards you're nuts.
Mr.Miyagi
CC Veteran

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

You're both wrong, but you're both right. :?

Marner, Mathews and Nylander are excellent, high end prospects that every team would want, no doubt about that ... the rest of the prospects mentioned are equivalent to most NHL teams' prospects at this point...lots of upside but still unproven. Almost like a 2nd-to-3rd tier prospect, unknown limitations.

Horvat is up there too ... obviously not in Mathews country, because he's not that involved in the offensive output side of things but one of the pieces you build around if you want to compete in years to come. After him, Baer, Tryamkin, Hutton, Stecher, Granlund are in the same league as the other leaves mentioned above ... good secondary pieces, not All-Star franchise players. (closest one is Tryamkin IMO, a little more North American hockey and english lessons he may be a cornerstone player in the making)

Lots of unknowns for both teams ... Juolevi, Boeser, Demko, Virtanen to an extent...Kapenan, Bracco, the others mentioned already.

As for the cock measuring, er prospect comparison ... neither team is drowning in upcoming talent, but both team's fan bases due a great job of overvaluing them! That has to count for something.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

With the greatest depth of rookies in years of any organization, the leaves do not need to be drowning in upcoming talent. They are set. Vancouver, not so much.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Loui Eriksson (Age 31- 5 years left @ 6 million per):
GP 53 G 10 A 11 PTS 21 -8

Connor Brown: (Age 23-NHL Minimum in salary)
GP 52 G 12 A 11 PTS 23 +7

So Brown is an old prospect, a "Dime a Dozen Player" that won't be with the leaves in a couple of years. He's nothing.
Clearly someone on here doesn't know how an NHL team needs to be built in 2017 to win.

Loading your bottom 6 with cheap, young productive players is how you win. The leaves have one of the best-and deepest forward groups in the entire NHL. Kapanen would be playing on a majority of NHL teams this year.

If the leaves were missing blue chippers-sure it wouldn't be a big deal. They have 3 of the top 4 rookie scorers in the entire NHL! The top 3 are in the top 10 of all NHL prospects. That makes guys like Brown a valuable supporting piece.
Last edited by BigTuna on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BigTuna wrote:With the greatest depth of rookies in years of any organization, the leaves do not need to be drowning in upcoming talent. They are set. Vancouver, not so much.
Fuck! trumps has taken over tuna's account! Nothing but empty hyperbole.

Yep.... it's time for this again....

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: You don't know how to build a winning team. You need guys like Hyman and Brown...
BigTuna wrote: You have no idea what it takes to build a winning team.
BigTuna wrote: That's not how you build a winner.
BigTuna wrote: leaves do not need to be drowning in upcoming talent. They are set.
Set. Image

A Leaves fan talking about "a winning team"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks anyway ole chum, but I'd rather go with the old maxim:

"Build your team from the net out." :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: You don't know how to build a winning team. You need guys like Hyman and Brown...
BigTuna wrote: leaves do not need to be drowning in upcoming talent. They are set.
Set. Image

Thanks anyway ole chum, I'd rather with the old maxim:

None of the elite goalies have cup rings BTW. So maybe that's not true. Is Murray, Crawford, Quick, really the best of the best?

Price has never been to a finals. Lundqvist went once and lost. No finals for Dubnyk, Holtby, etc.
You need a franchise #1 C much more than a superstar goalie.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BigTuna wrote: 6 out of 10 top NHL scorers are with one team out of 30. Examples..
Yes... the #6 scorer in the top 10 of the NHL is with only one team - one of 30 teams. :lol:

Don't bother posting here when you're drunk... it's even more embarrassing than usual. :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Set. Image

Thanks anyway ole chum, but I'd rather go with the old maxim:

None of the elite goalies have cup rings BTW. So maybe that's not true. Is Murray, Crawford, Quick, really the best of the best?
Goalies who win Cups excel when the chips are down in the pressure-cooker that is the NHL playoffs.

Here is a list of the most recent Cup-winning Number Ones:

Murray 2016 .923 (.923 career playoffs)
Crawford 2015 .924 (.920 career playoffs)
Quick 2014 .911 (.921 career playoffs)
Crawford 2013 .932 (.920 career playoffs)
Quick 2012 .946 (.921 career playoffs)
Thomas 2011 .940 (.933 career playoffs)

"From the net out" = Great goalie + great dmen + great defensive forwards (then great scorers).

They've got it assbackwards in Pigtown and you're ass happy ass a pig in shit! :lol:

But don't fret, your Leaves are "set", rebuild is over! :mrgreen:

Andersen (.915 career playoffs)

Image Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doc... wouldn't the laffs know how to orchestrate a rebuild in the correct fashion?? No?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We may need to cut Tuna some slack, he's new to Andersson. He hasn't witnessed his legendary playoff choking meltdowns like we out west here have. In due time, his naivety will succumb

But in the mean time the comedy Tuna is providing is pure gold, please carry on with with your gloat list of nobody cares mid 20's rookies and that razor thin defence, I can't stop laffing

I do like Matthews and Marner, but that's where it ends for me and everybody else outside your delusional head, sorry, but it's the truth, just accept it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Cornuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote: 6 out of 10 top NHL scorers are with one team out of 30. Examples..
Yes... the #6 scorer in the top 10 of the NHL is with only one team - one of 30 teams. :lol:

Don't bother posting here when you're drunk... it's even more embarrassing than usual. :roll:
6 out of the top 10 rookie scorers. We were talking about rookies.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote:We may need to cut Tuna some slack, he's new to Andersson. He hasn't witnessed his legendary playoff choking meltdowns like we out west here have. In due time, his naivety will succumb

But in the mean time the comedy Tuna is providing is pure gold, please carry on with with your gloat list of nobody cares mid 20's rookies and that razor thin defence, I can't stop laffing

I do like Matthews and Marner, but that's where it ends for me and everybody else outside your delusional head, sorry, but it's the truth, just accept it
So William Nylander is not very good?

And I notice how you will never speak of Loui Erikkson
Last edited by BigTuna on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.