The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BladesofSteel »

Retarded fans breed retarded reporters.
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16164
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

And to think, they could have had Luongo if not for BB and Nonuts and their little boy egos.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote:And to think, they could have had Luongo if not for BB and Nonuts and their little boy egos.
And how would that help the Leaves? He'll be too old when they're ready to compete And is under contract until he's 43 years-old.

The moron here is Gillis who for some reason traded both Schneider and Luongo.
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Rocky Dennis »

BigTuna wrote: The Leaves "Advanced Stats" are far better, and if not for Bernier, would be close to, if not in a playoff spot.
and if "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. The fact is they have Bernier and Reimer on the roster - a couple of steaming turds who (unless I'm mistaken) you've previously tried to pass off to the good folks here as something just shy of God's gift to goaltending.

BigTuna wrote:Not to mention the Leaves had zero expectations going into the year. Not the same situation as with the Canucks.
Come on man. Seriously? If you're memory is so damaged, one simply has to google "Canuck predicitions 2016" to see umpteen articles dumping all over the Canucks and every move they made this offseason. Non-playoff. Lottery pick. 6th in the Pacific. You will find that these, and more, are commonplace refrains. Now these results may in fact come to pass as predicted but to say that a majority of the sports media and the general hockey loving public were expecting anything other than abysmal failure is just plain inaccurate and downright ludicrous.

I must admit, your posts often cause me to laugh out loud at their absurdity. Saying that the Canucks had expectations (beyond a top 5 lottery pick this year) was just the latest. You are either a daft moron or the trolliest of trolls. Based on the timing of your returns to (and disappearances from) the Corner, I'd say the latter. But there is plentiful evidence to suggest the former as well. Either way, I for one would appreciate it if you just stopped verbally defecating in these forums. Thanks in advance!
User avatar
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by vic »

BigTuna wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:And to think, they could have had Luongo if not for BB and Nonuts and their little boy egos.
And how would that help the Leaves? He'll be too old when they're ready to compete And is under contract until he's 43 years-old.

The moron here is Gillis who for some reason traded both Schneider and Luongo.
Nope, Gillis solved the goalie issue by trading Schneider for Horvat

Aquaman decided to hire Torts who fucked up the goalie situation again - just look at the photo - who got his man?

Image
User avatar
mr perfect
MVP
MVP
Posts: 644
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: perfectville

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by mr perfect »

BigTuna wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:And to think, they could have had Luongo if not for BB and Nonuts and their little boy egos.
And how would that help the Leaves? He'll be too old when they're ready to compete And is under contract until he's 43 years-old.

The moron here is Gillis who for some reason traded both Schneider and Luongo.
Didn't you just post earlier today the Leaves would be in the playoffs if it weren't for Bernier? Yet if by your interpretation of advanced stats, had the Leaves had Luongo in net right now with his .930 save percentage wouldn't they be in a playoff position and competitive? With you contradicting yourself, I don't think you're in any position to call Gillis a moron.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9737
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Cornuck »

mr perfect wrote:...With you contradicting yourself, I don't think you're in any position to call Gillis a moron.
I don't think he's in a position to call anyone a moron...
2021 - Playoff Bound
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16164
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

Given how, at the time, most people outside of leavesville saw the addition of Luongo as one of the missing pieces and would instantly turn them into a repetitive playoff team, it is mind boggling that Nonuts didn't pull the trigger. He let his hurt feelings get in the way of making a franchise changing move. He just had to get the better of Gillis.

Now that simply does not excuse Gillis of fu**ing up the whole situation. He blew it, plain and simple. But there is no question the leaves needed, and still need, and NHL caliber goalie, while we keep churning them out.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

mr perfect wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:And to think, they could have had Luongo if not for BB and Nonuts and their little boy egos.
And how would that help the Leaves? He'll be too old when they're ready to compete And is under contract until he's 43 years-old.

The moron here is Gillis who for some reason traded both Schneider and Luongo.
Didn't you just post earlier today the Leaves would be in the playoffs if it weren't for Bernier? Yet if by your interpretation of advanced stats, had the Leaves had Luongo in net right now with his .930 save percentage wouldn't they be in a playoff position and competitive? With you contradicting yourself, I don't think you're in any position to call Gillis a moron.
My point was that competing for the last playoff spot isn't a way to properly build.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
BigTuna wrote: The Leaves "Advanced Stats" are far better, and if not for Bernier, would be close to, if not in a playoff spot.
and if "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. The fact is they have Bernier and Reimer on the roster - a couple of steaming turds who (unless I'm mistaken) you've previously tried to pass off to the good folks here as something just shy of God's gift to goaltending.

BigTuna wrote:Not to mention the Leaves had zero expectations going into the year. Not the same situation as with the Canucks.
Come on man. Seriously? If you're memory is so damaged, one simply has to google "Canuck predicitions 2016" to see umpteen articles dumping all over the Canucks and every move they made this offseason. Non-playoff. Lottery pick. 6th in the Pacific. You will find that these, and more, are commonplace refrains. Now these results may in fact come to pass as predicted but to say that a majority of the sports media and the general hockey loving public were expecting anything other than abysmal failure is just plain inaccurate and downright ludicrous.

I must admit, your posts often cause me to laugh out loud at their absurdity. Saying that the Canucks had expectations (beyond a top 5 lottery pick this year) was just the latest. You are either a daft moron or the trolliest of trolls. Based on the timing of your returns to (and disappearances from) the Corner, I'd say the latter. But there is plentiful evidence to suggest the former as well. Either way, I for one would appreciate it if you just stopped verbally defecating in these forums. Thanks in advance!
You mean the James Reimer who currently leads the NHL in save %?
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8363
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BigTuna wrote: You mean the James Reimer who currently leads the NHL in save %?

Al Montoya has a better save percentage than both Reimer and Luongo, maybe he should be starting for Florida. He's got the best save % in the league (any goalie starting 10 or more games).
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28344
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna [color=#FF0000]Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:31 am[/color] wrote: The Leaves... if not for Bernier, would be close to, if not in a playoff spot.
BigTuna [color=#FF0000]Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:18 pm[/color] wrote: James Reimer currently leads the NHL in save %
BigTuna [color=#FF0000]Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:17 pm[/color] wrote: My point was that competing for the last playoff spot isn't a way to properly build.
Well luckily for you, Reimer will walk as a UFA... and you're stuck with Bernier! :lol:

FINALLY you've come around to my way of thinking: "BLOW LEAVES BLOW!!!" :cheers:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28344
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:And to think, they could have had Luongo if not for BB and Nonuts and their little boy egos.
And how would that help the Leaves? He'll be too old when they're ready to compete
Right, by my calculations, by the time your Leaves are "ready to compete"

... Roberto Luongo will be 327 years old. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Rocky Dennis »

BigTuna wrote: You mean the James Reimer who currently leads the NHL in save %?
You're really going to pull that stat when he's played half of what the real star goalies in this league have played? I could end up wrong - I mean he is playing in a Babcock system that could make the likes of Chris Osgood look good...well sometimes - but let's wait until he's played 40+ games shall we? But if you don't want to do that, let's look at some of his other current numbers. Since you can count me of the school of all-that-matters-is-wins-baby, let's look there. Reimer has accumulated 18 points in 18 games played. So your argument that this is all on Bernier is bunk unless the Leaves planned on getting in the playoffs with 80pts. Well, it is the Eastern Conference and you are a delusional Leaves fan, so I guess anything is possible.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BurningBeard »

BigTuna wrote:The Toronto media is far more brutal to the Leaves than the Vancouver media is to the Canucks.
Image
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Post Reply