Canucks to make the 2014/15 Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Canucks to make the 2014/15 Playoffs

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hockey Widow wrote:If they had been able to hold onto third period leads they would have made the playoffs. If their PP clicked like 2011 they would have made the playoffs. If they were not decimated with injuries they would have made the playoffs. If just one of those things happened, they would have made the playoffs.
A disappointed fan could make a list like that for any team that misses the playoffs. The bottom line is that the 2014 Canucks were fucking terrible at both ends of the ice and weren't even close to making the postseason.

They should be better this year but I'd be very surprised if we're playing hockey that matters in '15.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

I really don't know if the Canucks can make the post-season. The teams that barely made it (Dallas,Minny) added some key pieces. They also seem like they would fare better in the playoffs. The Sedins aren't able to lead the charge and Kesler is gone. Honestly, I think our best playoff performer, and team catalyst, was Kes. I really don't think we have a player that would thrive playing playoff hockey.

We all hope, in a few years, Horvat, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Kassian, McCann etc are key guys on this team. There is no guarantee they become key players but it's looking decent right now. Anyway, no, I don't think we make the playoffs but if we do it'll be by the slimmest of margins.

Benning needs to be making some key changes and savvy deals this season.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I would add a 4th distraction in there Dub, and that's Torts. The guy was a head case.

Simply removing that albatross of an experiment is an addition by subtraction.

He was as much a side show as the Luongo soap opera.