Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by Meds »

lostinarink wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:Is it Hansen that gets us that second round pick??
Nope, that would be either Bo or Hutton.... :oops:
LOL!

Bo is 21, he's loaded with potential and is one of the most responsible young centermen in the league. He gets you a 1st in a trade. Maybe not a 9th overall like he was, but probably in the 12-20 range.

Hansen gets you a 2nd if he starts this season like he played last season.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Nope I would not trade Hansen for a pick!

I'd trade Hansen & a depth player to Tampa for Filppula + a top prospect (as they won't let go of Palat or Killorn), this is a rare expansion draft trade opportunity. That prospect has to be Erne, he's a LW version of Virtanen, Erne is the type the Canucks need right now as Kane/Lander are too expensive to trade for, Erne is what Gaunce should be, as Erne plays with a chip on his shoulder, for a big fella he has wheels, a good shot, hits like a truck, whereas Gauncy for a big fella, doesn't play that mean apparently.

Flip isn't even bad, he's just playing behind a deep lineup, I think on a 2nd line he'll do good, being the playmaker on the line, good for possession and transitioning forward.

Hansen allows TB to compete for a cup, while shedding Filppula with his $5M cap AND his NMC (auto protected in expansion draft), at the cost of a prospect. They can then easily give Kucherov his $7M per and they can protect their core up front, stamkos, kucherov, drouin, johnson, killorn, palat and callahan-NMC, they'll probably lose namestnikov or hansen to the expansion draft.

That leaves us with:

Sedins Eriksson
Baertschi Sutter Filppula
Erne Horvat Burrows
Dorsett Granlund Virtanen

Adam Erne is exempt from the expansion draft so we can protect Filppula np, Canucks just might lose Guance, Granlund, Larson, Pedan, Dorsett or Sbisa this expansion draft.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Can Sutter be exposed in the expansion draft ?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Can Sutter be exposed in the expansion draft ?
Yes he can, but he won't be.

GeneralFanager has a fun tool to play with for the expansion draft yo.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

I went through every team for shits&giggles protecting obvious players.

Detroit and Tampa seem to be the most in trouble, Detroit with their long term development strategy now have a shitload of young guys Vegas can pick.

TBL have callahan/flip with the dreaded nmc.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Can Sutter be exposed in the expansion draft ?
Not quite what you were hoping to here was it....
"evolution"
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Nope I would not trade Hansen for a pick!

I'd trade Hansen & a depth player to Tampa for Filppula + a top prospect (as they won't let go of Palat or Killorn), this is a rare expansion draft trade opportunity. That prospect has to be Erne, he's a LW version of Virtanen, Erne is the type the Canucks need right now as Kane/Lander are too expensive to trade for, Erne is what Gaunce should be, as Erne plays with a chip on his shoulder, for a big fella he has wheels, a good shot, hits like a truck, whereas Gauncy for a big fella, doesn't play that mean apparently.

Flip isn't even bad, he's just playing behind a deep lineup, I think on a 2nd line he'll do good, being the playmaker on the line, good for possession and transitioning forward.

Hansen allows TB to compete for a cup, while shedding Filppula with his $5M cap AND his NMC (auto protected in expansion draft), at the cost of a prospect. They can then easily give Kucherov his $7M per and they can protect their core up front, stamkos, kucherov, drouin, johnson, killorn, palat and callahan-NMC, they'll probably lose namestnikov or hansen to the expansion draft.

That leaves us with:

Sedins Eriksson
Erne Horvat Burrows

Adam Erne is exempt from the expansion draft so we can protect Filppula np, Canucks just might lose Guance, Granlund, Larson, Pedan, Dorsett or Sbisa this expansion draft.
First of all, Filppula is hardly playing behind a deep line-up. Last year he was Tampa's first line centre when Cooper moved Stamkos to the wing. He was 2nd amongst all Lightning forwards in TOI/GP with 18:15.

Hansen and a depth player won't even land you Filppula by himself, let alone him and a prospect like Erne.

You also pointed out that Filppula has a NMC. Why the hell would he waive that to leave a clear cut contender to come to a clear cut bottom 3 team? I can see him agreeing to that kind of deal AFTER Tampa's season is over.

How does a 3rd line 2-way winger help Tampa compete more effectively than their current top-line centre?

As for Kucherov's $7M, they will find that when they trade Bishop.

As for our end of this trade.....

Your line-up also puts him on Sutter's RW. Why would you waste a proven playmaking centre on the wing when a non-puck-distributing guy like Sutter has shown that he can adapt to play there?

More importantly, why on earth do we trade for a guy who is going to be 33 turning 34 in the final year of his contract? Are we intentionally taking on $5M in cap space next year just so we can score a prospect like Erne? Next year is the year the Bo is going to be getting a raise. Gudbranson, Tryamkin, and Hutton, will also need new deals. Burrows expiring contract won't make room for all of them.

Any trade we make that doesn't have a top prospect or draft pick as the key return piece needs to have an under 25 contributor coming back our way.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Meds wrote:
SKYO wrote:Nope I would not trade Hansen for a pick!

That leaves us with:

Sedins Eriksson
Erne Horvat Burrows

First of all, Filppula is hardly playing behind a deep line-up. Last year he was Tampa's first line centre when Cooper moved Stamkos to the wing. He was 2nd amongst all Lightning forwards in TOI/GP with 18:15.

Hansen and a depth player won't even land you Filppula by himself, let alone him and a prospect like Erne.

You also pointed out that Filppula has a NMC. Why the hell would he waive that to leave a clear cut contender to come to a clear cut bottom 3 team? I can see him agreeing to that kind of deal AFTER Tampa's season is over.

How does a 3rd line 2-way winger help Tampa compete more effectively than their current top-line centre?

As for our end of this trade.....

Your line-up also puts him on Sutter's RW. Why would you waste a proven playmaking centre on the wing when a non-puck-distributing guy like Sutter has shown that he can adapt to play there?

More importantly, why on earth do we trade for a guy who is going to be 33 turning 34 in the final year of his contract? Are we intentionally taking on $5M in cap space next year just so we can score a prospect like Erne? Next year is the year the Bo is going to be getting a raise. Gudbranson, Tryamkin, and Hutton, will also need new deals. Burrows expiring contract won't make room for all of them.

Any trade we make that doesn't have a top prospect or draft pick as the key return piece needs to have an under 25 contributor coming back our way.
Good post. People tend to forget about our up coming RFAs and the chunk that will take.
Hopefully, we have our net covered when Miller is up.....
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Meds wrote:
SKYO wrote:I'd trade Hansen & a depth player to Tampa for Filppula + a top prospect

ah finally a contender to the CC trade champ
*cracks fingaz*

The #1 issue in all of this is DOLLARS and CAP SPACE, mainly Tampa is running out, they are building a dam and it's about to burst if they don't start pulling a chicago blackhawks asap, the hawks have had to add to get rid of contracts, Florida added Crouse to get rid of Bolland's contract, it's becoming normal to do in this cap era.

TBL has $6,272,499 in projected cap space to re-sign rising superstar Kucherov and Nesterov, while trying to open up cap space to re-sign the next uberstar Drouin, high scoring #2C Johnson and Palat for next season, not only that they need money to patch up their deteriorating defense.

Plus you are overvaluing Flip, he could be had for a pick if someone were to take him off their hands, but not many teams are willing to do that.

Upon further looking into Filppula's NMC he also has a MODIFIED NTC, the NMC protects him from waivers and being loaned without his consent, but the mod' ntc gives the team some options to trade him.

Plus I bet Bishop isn't going anywhere as TBL does not want another high priced goalie in return.

Sutter/Flip can swap for all I care.
Joe Smith speculates Kucherov is due a significant raise potentially as high as $6 million per season. Killorn’s new contract will also affect efforts to re-sign RFAs Tyler Johnson, Jonathan Drouin and Ondrej Palat next summer.

To get under the cap this summer, GM Steve Yzerman said he’ll likely have to make a trade this summer. Smith suggests center Valtteri Filppula ($5 million cap hit), defenseman Jason Garrison ($4.6 million cap hit) and goaltender Ben Bishop ($5.9 million cap hit, also an unrestricted free agent next summer) as possible trade candidates. Regarding his goalie situation, Yzerman said things are quiet right now, adding his club is more than happy to start next season with Bishop and Andrei Vasilevskiy.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Of the three, Filppula could be the easiest to move, as he has a partial no-trade clause, while Garrison has a full no-trade clause and Bishop a full no-movement. Garrison, however, did waive his clause to go from Vancouver to Tampa Bay, but will he be willing to do so again? While Bishop is a Vezina Trophy finalist, there’s not much of a market for him right now. The Dallas Stars were rumored to be interested, but they have to shed either Kari Lehtonen or Antti Niemi and that won’t be easy because of their contracts. Perhap a Bishop trade takes place during training camp and preseason, when the market could improve as clubs assess their goaltending.
Article 2 on why TBL will try to trade filppula:

https://twoforspearing.com/2016/08/05/l ... la-trades/
With all of the re-signings this summer, and once the team and winger Nikita Kucherov agree to a deal, General Manager Steve Yzerman will have to make a move to move in an effort to create cap space.

As of right now with Kucherov and defenseman Nikita Nesterov both still unsigned restricted free agents, the Lightning has right around $6.5 million in cap space to work with. Yzerman has said a number of times that he wants to retain both Kucherov and Nesterov. Assuming Kucherov will receive a deal of around the $6 million per year mark, that would leave roughly half a million dollars for D Nikita Nesterov. Nesterov’s worth is probably somewhere around the $750,000 per year range. Putting two and two together this would mean that if Yzerman wants to keep both Kucherov and Nesterov, as well as planning for the contracts of future free agents, a move will have to be made.

If you talk to Lightning fans, whether it be on Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere else, most people agree that the smart thing to do is to trade center Valtteri Filppula. The now 32-year-old center signed a 5 year, $25 million contract in July of 2013, carrying a $5 million cap hit in each year of his contract.

In his first year with the Lightning, Filppula was impressive. In 75 games, Filppula had 25 goals and 33 assists. In his second year, Filppula’s point total went down from 58 in the previous year, to 48 with 12 goals and 36 assists, even with a full 82 games played. This past year, Filppula’s production went down drastically where he netted just 8 goals, and recorded 23 assists in 75 games.

Yes, Filppula is a good defensive forward, he has been a regular on the penalty kill for the Lightning, and he does his share of good things that go unnoticed, but it is his $5 million cap hit that is the problem. Especially with the re-signing of center Vladislav Namestnikov, whom Yzerman said they see in a center role and will begin to receive a larger role, as well as the upcoming free agency of Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat, Jonathan Drouin, Brian Boyle, Andrej Sustr, Slater Koekkoek, and the big unknown, Ben Bishop, it is easy to see why Filppula is the prime candidate to be traded by Yzerman.

http://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2016/07/ ... -part.html
Enter Filppula, who at 32 can still produce and plays a solid two-way game. A contender with ample space or a young team in need of some veteran leadership and defensive stability up front could both use his services, unless the $5MM price tag is too much for them. He presents the Lightning’s best chance at relieving their cap troubles without significantly effecting the team, but they must first convince someone that the price for Filppula is worth it, as trading him and holding on to contract dollars makes no sense. Filppula will continue to hear his name batted around the rumor mill, and if a team falls in love with him like Tampa Bay did, he could be on his way elsewhere for 2016-17.
The more you read about their situation, the more it appears they'd be more inclined to see if anyone would trade a pick or for filppula, so JB would have to be cagey in this approach and get a 3way deal with Hansen dealt for a pick swapped to TBL for flip + prospect.

As for contract worries, Horvat, Hutton and Tryamkin should probably get bridge deals and guds will probably get a 6 year contract around 4.5m - 5m per.
We can fit those in no problem next season with miller/burrows gone.

Plus flips contract expires in two years well before any other young gun needs big money, his skillset would be invaluable as a setup guy on the 2nd line, as you said Sutter doesn't have those passing abilities, so it only makes sense to have a player like filppula on his line, and remember how shitty this team was when hank and sutter were hurt or injured, flip would be that extra insurance for the next couple years while the Sedins are still here and we trying to win one before they sing their NHL swan song.

Their defense after Hedman is pretty meh, they probably want to keep what vets they have for now on D, they'd probably be interested in young dman like Brisebois.

Killorn Stamkos Drouin
Palat Johnson Kucherov
Hansen Namestnikov Callahan
Brown Boyle Condra
Paquette

Hedman Stralman
JayG Coburn
Nesterov Sustr
Koekkoek
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

I'm gonna save a little space and not quote;

Filppula's stats last year show decline, although decent playoffs.
At 32, I just can't see the reason, maybe I'm missing something.
Seems like we do have to address team toughness a bit.
He doesn't do that...
Last edited by Micky on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

It's taking advantage of TBL's cap space problems by taking Filppula and hoping to land a decent prospect like Erne, who should be a good rugged scoring LW, and grow with the new young guys in horvat/baert/virtanen/boeser etc.

Plus imo Flip's more talented than Hansen, more suitable for 2nd line duty.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:
Meds wrote:
SKYO wrote:I'd trade Hansen & a depth player to Tampa for Filppula + a top prospect

ah finally a contender to the CC trade champ
*cracks fingaz*

The #1 issue in all of this is DOLLARS and CAP SPACE, mainly Tampa is running out, they are building a dam and it's about to burst if they don't start pulling a chicago blackhawks asap, the hawks have had to add to get rid of contracts, Florida added Crouse to get rid of Bolland's contract, it's becoming normal to do in this cap era.

TBL has $6,272,499 in projected cap space to re-sign rising superstar Kucherov and Nesterov, while trying to open up cap space to re-sign the next uberstar Drouin, high scoring #2C Johnson and Palat for next season, not only that they need money to patch up their deteriorating defense.

Plus you are overvaluing Flip, he could be had for a pick if someone were to take him off their hands, but not many teams are willing to do that.

Upon further looking into Filppula's NMC he also has a MODIFIED NTC, the NMC protects him from waivers and being loaned without his consent, but the mod' ntc gives the team some options to trade him.

Plus I bet Bishop isn't going anywhere as TBL does not want another high priced goalie in return.

Sutter/Flip can swap for all I care.
Joe Smith speculates Kucherov is due a significant raise potentially as high as $6 million per season. Killorn’s new contract will also affect efforts to re-sign RFAs Tyler Johnson, Jonathan Drouin and Ondrej Palat next summer.

To get under the cap this summer, GM Steve Yzerman said he’ll likely have to make a trade this summer. Smith suggests center Valtteri Filppula ($5 million cap hit), defenseman Jason Garrison ($4.6 million cap hit) and goaltender Ben Bishop ($5.9 million cap hit, also an unrestricted free agent next summer) as possible trade candidates. Regarding his goalie situation, Yzerman said things are quiet right now, adding his club is more than happy to start next season with Bishop and Andrei Vasilevskiy.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Of the three, Filppula could be the easiest to move, as he has a partial no-trade clause, while Garrison has a full no-trade clause and Bishop a full no-movement. Garrison, however, did waive his clause to go from Vancouver to Tampa Bay, but will he be willing to do so again? While Bishop is a Vezina Trophy finalist, there’s not much of a market for him right now. The Dallas Stars were rumored to be interested, but they have to shed either Kari Lehtonen or Antti Niemi and that won’t be easy because of their contracts. Perhap a Bishop trade takes place during training camp and preseason, when the market could improve as clubs assess their goaltending.
Article 2 on why TBL will try to trade filppula:

https://twoforspearing.com/2016/08/05/l ... la-trades/
With all of the re-signings this summer, and once the team and winger Nikita Kucherov agree to a deal, General Manager Steve Yzerman will have to make a move to move in an effort to create cap space.

As of right now with Kucherov and defenseman Nikita Nesterov both still unsigned restricted free agents, the Lightning has right around $6.5 million in cap space to work with. Yzerman has said a number of times that he wants to retain both Kucherov and Nesterov. Assuming Kucherov will receive a deal of around the $6 million per year mark, that would leave roughly half a million dollars for D Nikita Nesterov. Nesterov’s worth is probably somewhere around the $750,000 per year range. Putting two and two together this would mean that if Yzerman wants to keep both Kucherov and Nesterov, as well as planning for the contracts of future free agents, a move will have to be made.

If you talk to Lightning fans, whether it be on Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere else, most people agree that the smart thing to do is to trade center Valtteri Filppula. The now 32-year-old center signed a 5 year, $25 million contract in July of 2013, carrying a $5 million cap hit in each year of his contract.

In his first year with the Lightning, Filppula was impressive. In 75 games, Filppula had 25 goals and 33 assists. In his second year, Filppula’s point total went down from 58 in the previous year, to 48 with 12 goals and 36 assists, even with a full 82 games played. This past year, Filppula’s production went down drastically where he netted just 8 goals, and recorded 23 assists in 75 games.

Yes, Filppula is a good defensive forward, he has been a regular on the penalty kill for the Lightning, and he does his share of good things that go unnoticed, but it is his $5 million cap hit that is the problem. Especially with the re-signing of center Vladislav Namestnikov, whom Yzerman said they see in a center role and will begin to receive a larger role, as well as the upcoming free agency of Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat, Jonathan Drouin, Brian Boyle, Andrej Sustr, Slater Koekkoek, and the big unknown, Ben Bishop, it is easy to see why Filppula is the prime candidate to be traded by Yzerman.

http://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2016/07/ ... -part.html
Enter Filppula, who at 32 can still produce and plays a solid two-way game. A contender with ample space or a young team in need of some veteran leadership and defensive stability up front could both use his services, unless the $5MM price tag is too much for them. He presents the Lightning’s best chance at relieving their cap troubles without significantly effecting the team, but they must first convince someone that the price for Filppula is worth it, as trading him and holding on to contract dollars makes no sense. Filppula will continue to hear his name batted around the rumor mill, and if a team falls in love with him like Tampa Bay did, he could be on his way elsewhere for 2016-17.
The more you read about their situation, the more it appears they'd be more inclined to see if anyone would trade a pick or for filppula, so JB would have to be cagey in this approach and get a 3way deal with Hansen dealt for a pick swapped to TBL for flip + prospect.

As for contract worries, Horvat, Hutton and Tryamkin should probably get bridge deals and guds will probably get a 6 year contract around 4.5m - 5m per.
We can fit those in no problem next season with miller/burrows gone.

Plus flips contract expires in two years well before any other young gun needs big money, his skillset would be invaluable as a setup guy on the 2nd line, as you said Sutter doesn't have those passing abilities, so it only makes sense to have a player like filppula on his line, and remember how shitty this team was when hank and sutter were hurt or injured, flip would be that extra insurance for the next couple years while the Sedins are still here and we trying to win one before they sing their NHL swan song.

Their defense after Hedman is pretty meh, they probably want to keep what vets they have for now on D, they'd probably be interested in young dman like Brisebois.

Killorn Stamkos Drouin
Palat Johnson Kucherov
Hansen Namestnikov Callahan
Brown Boyle Condra
Paquette

Hedman Stralman
JayG Coburn
Nesterov Sustr
Koekkoek
I never said that Tampa wouldn't trade Filppula. I said they wouldn't trade him AND a half decent prospect for a 3rd line 2-way winger (who could almost be a 4th liner on that depth chart) and a depth player.

I also didn't say that Filppula wouldn't waive, I said he wouldn't waive to go to a team like Vancouver who most are predicting finish dead last in the west.

Everyone knows Tampa's contract problems through next spring.

Kucherov is due a new deal right now. Johnson and Palat are also going to be looking at substantial raises next year. Boyle is a staple on their 4th line and will need a new contract, he's replaceable, but not easily. Drouin will also be needing a new contract, and I've seen some predict that he could very well lead the Bolts in scoring this year.....if that happens they are going to have to make major changes.

So there's no doubt that a guy like Filppula is probably the odd man out in that locker room amongst skaters. But he has that NMC and MNTC, no way does he put Vancouver on his list of teams this season when a Cup ring is within reach. If his list is teams he will go to, they will all be playoff teams. If his list is teams he won't go to, they will all be non-playoff teams.

As for Bishop, IF he is willing to waive his full NMC.....Arizona, Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Edmonton, and Florida are all teams that could easily absorb his cap hit this season.

The Coyotes are close to the cap right now, but, as soon as the season starts they will have Datsyuk, Bolland, and Pronger, all dropping off. If Smith sucks (again), they will need something. Smith's salary and cap hit actually make this tough, but he has zero protection, and might be a guy that an expansion team takes a look at in hopes of a bounce back with a change of scenery. Yote's are pretty unlikely though, of the teams I mentioned probably 2nd from the bottom in terms of this happening.

Buffalo has Lehner, but he clearly hasn't hit the ceiling he was projected to hit when he was drafted, and injuries are becoming a big deal in his young career. Goalies who have that kind of track record often fall short of their potential and their careers are short. If he doesn't come back, and come back strong, his 1 year remaining could easily be shipped the other way and Buffalo could readily take on Bishop.

Calgary just traded for Elliot, but it was very close to being Bishop that they acquired. Elliot has 1 year left and they haven't signed an extension yet, if he puts up numbers similar to the ones he produced the last time he was the clear cut number one goalie, look for the Flames to go after Bishop. Elliot would be in the package going back. The small hang-up here is that they haven't re-signed Gaudreau yet.

Carolina just re-upped Ward, but only for 2 years, and $3.3M isn't heavy, they could move that. If Ward isn't getting it done, I doubt they feel comfortable leaning on Taco Lack as their starter. They have the most cap space of any team, and nobody there is getting a big raise next year that can't be handled by the pay cut Bickell will take (if they even keep him).

Edmonton, as usual, has a question mark from the blueline on back. Talbot hasn't shown that he's the backbone a team needs, but a strong showing at the WC's might be just what he needed. Talbot is movable though if Edmonton wanted to go with Bishop. Tougher sell to send Talbot back to Tampa, so this isn't as likely.....but doable if they were to find another suitor for Talbot.

Florida is an intriguing one. No way do they think Reimer is the best option going forward, chances are they grabbed him because they knew Luongo was going to be out until November and they could afford Reimer because they have so much room. But Luongo is interesting. The guy will be 38 at the end of next season and, depending upon how his season goes, he may just decide that enough is enough. Another option is that he accepts a trade to Tampa. The Bolts then save $1M in cap space, but they dodge the raise Bishop will be seeking in the spring which gives them closer to $4M in savings at that point. I put Florida last on this list in terms of likelihood of this happening.

So there's a list of 6 teams who could easily make this work.

The Stars, Islanders, Senators, and Ducks, could also do it with more maneuvering.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Who knows about Filppula, considering it's not a full ntc, but a modified, it's a little more flexible than ya think.

As for Bishop, even Yzerman said there isn't much talk about goalies moving right now, if he was to move him it was probably going to happen in early July, but pretty much all the teams are set for now, so if Bishop is to move it will likely be after the season is over, as TBL are contenders right now, better to keep him for a cup run, and then give up his rights in June -- So to get Kuch + Nesterov signed this September, something will have to give sooner rather than later.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote:I'm gonna save a little space and not quote;

Filppula's stats last year shoe decline, although decent playoffs.
He doesn't do that...
There is ONE reason alone to take him on and that is for next season's trade deadline. If we suck we would have a somewhat desirable rental asset to land a 2nd round pick with. But that's ONLY if he doesn't decline further. So it's a bit of a gamble.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Meds wrote:
micky107 wrote:I'm gonna save a little space and not quote;

Filppula's stats last year shoe decline, although decent playoffs.
He doesn't do that...
There is ONE reason alone to take him on and that is for next season's trade deadline. If we suck we would have a somewhat desirable rental asset to land a 2nd round pick with. But that's ONLY if he doesn't decline further. So it's a bit of a gamble.
I posted on another thread that I thought the Pacific was wide open this year and I truly think it is.
I still favor waiting to see how camp and the starting roster evolves.
Who will have a break-out start. Who will look the shits, right out of the gait.
If we have say 30 to 40% less injury problems,(God knows we're due), and a better game preparation system, we could make some noise.
My son and I try and get out to at least 2 camp practices each year, hope to again, haven't seen the schedule yet.
I also haven't seen the full NHL schedule yet so I don't know what goodies the league has thrown to "it's favorite team" yet... :hmmm:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Edlers NTC making life difficult for Jim Benning?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK