Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I know the Sedins are also 36 what's your fucking point? Hartnell is a legit top 6 point producer. Sutter is a third line 30 point player.
My FUCKING point simple. You are the one who keeps talking about bringing youth and talents to replace the Sedins. Yet, you keep talking about trading players hitting their prime for players who are about to retire. Now, what is your FUCKING point?
Sutter is in his prime and his prime is a 30 point fast, skinny , soft player. Hartnell has been and will likely be over the next two seasons, a far better producer. If I had my way I'd have neither player on the team. If I had to pick one of them for the next three years, I'd take Hartnell. Is that difficult for you to comprehend? Sutter isn't getting any better, he is what he is.
Think whatever you want. I am glad that you are not the GM for the Canucks.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I know the Sedins are also 36 what's your fucking point? Hartnell is a legit top 6 point producer. Sutter is a third line 30 point player.
My FUCKING point simple. You are the one who keeps talking about bringing youth and talents to replace the Sedins. Yet, you keep talking about trading players hitting their prime for players who are about to retire. Now, what is your FUCKING point?
Sutter is in his prime and his prime is a 30 point fast, skinny , soft player. Hartnell has been and will likely be over the next two seasons, a far better producer. If I had my way I'd have neither player on the team. If I had to pick one of them for the next three years, I'd take Hartnell. Is that difficult for you to comprehend? Sutter isn't getting any better, he is what he is.
Think whatever you want. I am glad that you are not the GM for the Canucks.
Says the guy who postulated that Hansen could play with the Sedins and Eriksson could drop to the second line.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Meds wrote:Says the guy who postulated that Hansen could play with the Sedins and Eriksson could drop to the second line.
To be fair, Hansen has fairly well demonstrated that he can play with the Sedins, and one of the things WD praised about Eriksson was his ability to adapt to any line and make it work. Yes, Eriksson has shown some synergy with the Sedins at the international level, but there's no certainty that he won't show as much, or more, with two of the other Canucks forwards. For that matter, sometimes it can be useful to split up the Sedins themselves. When the Canucks finally do make the playoffs, in particular, it is very useful to have a balanced attack.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

For that matter, sometimes it can be useful to split up the Sedins themselves
Not to call bullshit, nor is this a personal attack or trolling, but can you share any statistical evidence that supports this statement?? Either old school stats or the new 'nhl new analytical' numbers?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Splitting the Sedins is just a coach technique to wake em up when they go into a bit of scoring funk, they hate that shit and will perform optimal together shortly thereafter.
aha
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ronning is right. Sure Eriksson was signed to play with the twins, so was Vrbata. We know WD wants to roll four lines. We know there will be times when we need to shake up the lines to create scoring or tighten up the D. There is nothing guaranteed that Eriksson will be a permanent fixture with the twins.

If WD needs to drop Eriksson down to get a secondary line going and add a scoring threat he will, and should do it. Add to this there will inevitably be injuries requiring the lines be mixed up. Add to this Benning is on record as saying he wants to add another top six with skill and grit. Add to this Rodin was penciled in to play, or audition, with the twins. Let's get to camp and see how it unfolds.
The only HW the Canucks need
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
For that matter, sometimes it can be useful to split up the Sedins themselves
Not to call bullshit, nor is this a personal attack or trolling, but can you share any statistical evidence that supports this statement?? Either old school stats or the new 'nhl new analytical' numbers?
Sorry, no stats, and today is not a good day for me to search for them, but just observation of the changes in the way they play. When Daniel is not on his line, Henrik is willing to shoot more, and to try more options with his right winger. Daniel, for his part, is a very good play-making winger, and can add that dimension to a line with a centre who plays a straight-ahead game based more on speed or power than finesse. Plus, just the value of distributed scoring (I think recent playoffs have highlighted this), not being predictable, and giving opposing teams other looks to prepare for.

Also, the Sedins are smart guys, but they already know how to play with each other. I think it's at least possible that they could bring something from their experiences working with other linemates that would also work well on the shifts they played together. As other teams around the league have learned to defend against them, they need to develop some new approaches. Finally, it's a long season. Variety helps keep everyone mentally fresh. I'm not advocating for every game, let alone every shift, but sometimes.

Or maybe just what Skyo said:
SKYO wrote:Splitting the Sedins is just a coach technique to wake em up when they go into a bit of scoring funk, they hate that shit and will perform optimal together shortly thereafter.
aha
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ronning is right. Sure Eriksson was signed to play with the twins, so was Vrbata. We know WD wants to roll four lines. We know there will be times when we need to shake up the lines to create scoring or tighten up the D. There is nothing guaranteed that Eriksson will be a permanent fixture with the twins.

If WD needs to drop Eriksson down to get a secondary line going and add a scoring threat he will, and should do it. Add to this there will inevitably be injuries requiring the lines be mixed up. Add to this Benning is on record as saying he wants to add another top six with skill and grit. Add to this Rodin was penciled in to play, or audition, with the twins. Let's get to camp and see how it unfolds.
The static thinking of some folks is absurd.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Ronning is right. Sure Eriksson was signed to play with the twins, so was Vrbata. We know WD wants to roll four lines. We know there will be times when we need to shake up the lines to create scoring or tighten up the D. There is nothing guaranteed that Eriksson will be a permanent fixture with the twins.

The static thinking of some folks is absurd.
Lol
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Anyways with all the killings in America, now the Dallas shenanigans, http://www.vox.com/2016/7/7/12125740/da ... e-protests where the Stars play, I think the NHL needs some trades, to change the topic up.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... k=sf_globe
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Very interesting! A 29 years old center who had 6g 12a in 10 WC games and 17g 43a in 60 KHL games in the last season.
Eliteprospects.com
Shipachyov is a skilled center with excellent on-ice vision. He skates very well and with a fluid stride. Owns great offensive instincts and likes to have the puck on his stick. Could improve his all-around game. Isn't overly efficient in physical battles.- Ulf Andersson, EP (2013)
NEWS 1130 Sports
Svoboda also talking to the #Canucks about Russian forward Vadim Shipachyov who has many teams after him including VAN.

VFTCH ‏@ViewsFromTheCH
Vancouver #Canucks in on the Vadim Shipachyov sweepstakes. #Habs #Panthers
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Didn't Rad sign in Habland?
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Shippy would be a nice pickup, need more russians on this squad.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired Mika Zibanejad & a 2018 2nd rd pick from OTT for Derick Brassard & a 2018 7th rd pick.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired Mika Zibanejad & a 2018 2nd rd pick from OTT for Derick Brassard & a 2018 7th rd pick.
Interesting, there must be some character issues with Zibanejad of which we aren't aware.

Of course Brassard has character in spades... and definitely the better player in the deal.

Sens sold Rags some magic beans in Zibz + 2nd... and got a well-proven 1st line warrior in return.

Yes I realize Zibs is 5.5 years younger... but he'll likely never grow a Brass set of stones.

And he'll never become half the leader of men that is Mr Brassard.

Rags just paid Brass his $2M "signing bonus" the other day

... meaning real dollars for the budget-conscious Sens over 3 years = $3M, $3.5M, $3.5M ($5M cap-hit)

EDIT: I see Ottawa fans talking about Zib refusing to train in the off-season (shows up fat at camp)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!