Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by ESQ »

If Hamhuis doesn't get moved, it will NOT be because he refused to waive. Botchford is (as usual) making shit up for an easy headline, because he's too obnoxious to have any actual, y'know, sources.

Hamhuis has known all year that he might get moved, he's known that there wouldn't be any extension talks until after the deadline, so he is prepared to waive if its the right situation. He, along with every other NHL player with an NTC, will waive to go to Chicago and have the best chance for a Cup on a stacked team, where the established stars will be handing the tough minutes.

My sense is Benning is not going to do a Garrison-type trade (i.e. take whatever he can get) for Hamhuis, which is why he hasn't been asked to waive - no serious offer is on the table.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:While I don't know this for sure I think if Hamhuis waives the decision won't be Iginla like. That is it won't be just about who he thinks has the best chance at winning the Cup. For sure I think he has to think that the team has a realistic chance at winning so not just any playoff bound team will do. But from listening to him on 1040, fit seemed more important. So not only the role he would have, but the team itself and the city involved would be key considerations.

I have no idea what in his mind would be a fit though. I just don't think that he will select just based on the best odds to win.

I'm really on board with trading him for the best return you can get given all the factors involved, especially given his comments about circling back to Vancouver July 1st. I'd love him back for 3-4 more years to anchor the blue line but if he can get us any type of decent return let's do it.
Hamhuis actually said that he is aware of the fact that he could leave for 3 months and come back and re-sign in Vancouver again next year as a free agent, and that he would consider it.

I'm sure him or his agent will have that discussion with Benning. If Benning says that they are very interested in that idea then I can see Hammer only wanting to go somewhere that has a legitimate shot at the grail. If he's not gonna be staying there, then I doubt where he fits is important to him. If all he does is shore up the 3rd pairing and play 16 minutes per night, at the end of the day he's leaving where he wants to be, so there better be a legit shot at coming back home with a ring on his finger.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=2036729

Damn Betamax, your proposals are getting gangraped over at hf. Why don't they realize you're just "thinking out loud"? :lol: I mean jeez, they had to mod warning your opening post!

This fellow was especially rude/accurate.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showp ... stcount=23

Déjà vu?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showp ... stcount=37

:wow:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

lol ohhh Farhan... I still have a PM I received from him back in 2012 when there was wishful thinking round these parts of a Kesler-Benn swap:
Farhan McGiggles wrote:You honestly are a retarded douchebag if you think a Kesler for Jamie Benn deal would be in the best interests of the Canucks at this time. Please tell me that you are joking.
Then there was the time he messaged SKYO on HFBoards to get him to pass on a message to me on the Corner (after he was banned for the 4th or 5th time), defending his Lecavalier boner and that he wanted to come visit my wife wearing a Jamie Benn jersey. Good thing she knows where the 870 is, that guy has serious issues.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Well that is just absolutely insane.

Jamie Benn jerseys weren't even available in 2012.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

rummy's fave player will probably be dealt at draft or summertime!
Dro will not return to the TBL, will just sit out.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/tbl160229.html

So Stevie Y is gonna lose Stamkos for nothing July1st and Drouin's stock continues to tumble.

*interesting note though,
@reporterchris
Important to remember that Jonathan Drouin can still technically be traded.

He just won't be eligible for NHL playoffs if it happens.
:o
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Stevie Y is gonna re-sign Stamkos...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

nope^ done.

-

Next plan for JB, I'd target a RFA dman, start kicking tires in these guys in case their teams have trouble re-signing them this draft/summer.

Vatanen, Ceci, Trouba, Dumba, Gudbranson, Jones, all will probably be re-signed no problem, but just in case, doesn't hurt to start putting in interest.

Price goes down a tad if they can't afford them, and teams sometimes don't like to publicly make a player available making a swift trade out of nowhere like Hamilton last year, so putting in your work now - the possibilities of being one of the few teams these teams contact goes up.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Canucks trying to sign 6'8" 240lbs 21 yr d-man...Nikita tryamkin....if done, will report to the canucks not Utica...
Getting old is not for the young...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

https://thecanuckway.com/2016/03/03/van ... ryamkin-2/

Good write up on it here.

Wonder what the cap issues are? Must mean roster issues. Waive Weber, waive Bartkowski. Problem solved.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote:https://thecanuckway.com/2016/03/03/van ... ryamkin-2/

Wonder what the cap issues are? Must mean roster issues. Waive Weber, waive Bartkowski. Problem solved.
Must be roster vs cap cuz apparently we have 2.1mill kicking around....

Could we dream he is our "Chara"?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I would not object to a late blooming, physical, stay at home defenseman coming over and getting some NHL playing time this season!

One can dream that he turns into a legitimate NHL caliber dman. Apparently has a cannon of a shot from what HF states.

:thumbs:
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:https://thecanuckway.com/2016/03/03/van ... ryamkin-2/

Must be roster vs cap cuz apparently we have 2.1mill kicking around....

Could we dream he is our "Chara"?
Quit playin' with my emotions rats. :scowl:

I've been trying to fix this Canucks defense for eons, it's like I'm the only one in the world who cares about this unbalanced defensive core.

► No true #1 dman,

► No true QB,

► No big crease clearer's that can play awesome ala Seabrook,

Just a bunch of pansies (JK), but more of passive two-way types that don't necessarily excel in one area.

Edler/Tanev the dynamic duo are a good starting point, but neither are game breakers and can control a game like a #1 dman can.

Hutton looks awesome on the powerplay, so much natural instinct to be in right place at right time, with the smart plays to keep the attack going, he could be that missing QB guy.

Sbisa is *looks around* the only hitter of the group, (awaits everyone to cherry pick this comment to tear my post apart.)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Read the article skyo....he has almost arrived..
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

rats19 wrote:Read the article skyo....he has almost arrived..
With both Tryamkin and Pedan, I wonder guys like Marchand would dare to hack and whack the Canucks goalie. :mrgreen: