Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Topper wrote: Sbisa is better this season.
I have to agree with this. The team has done well with his panic level/poise. I am pleasantly surprised as I was a member of the pitchfork crew regarding him
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

@TSNBobMcKenzie's Tweet:

VAN has let other 29 teams know they are open for business on: Vey, Bartkowski, Kenins, Cracknell, Higgins, Prust and Weber.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Rede wrote:@TSNBobMcKenzie's Tweet:

VAN has let other 29 teams know they are open for business on: Vey, Bartkowski, Kenins, Cracknell, Higgins, Prust and Weber.
Shocking! The guys who have cleared waivers are available? Maybe we could package some up for a draft pick or two.

Cracknell and Vey have value IMO. Weber to an extent, too. If any of these guys go I won't be crushed. I guess the 2nd rounder we gave up for Vey would be the loss we all could lament.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Stanton can't crack the NHLs best team but he outplayed Sbisa here last season.
and you have admitted Sbisa is better this season.

Why do you continue to dwell on the 14/15 season when we are in the 15/16 season?
Yes he's improved to the point where he is a serviceable bottom pairing guy instead of the AHL player we saw last season.I brought up last season because Sbisa and Stanton played together on the same team and Stanton was the better player and is paid 15 % of Sbisa's salary.

Either you guys are trolling me hard about this player or you are all stupid or fucking blind. Either way I'm not going to be pulled into a discussion about Sbisa after today until he is finally gone from the team or he actually earns his cap hit and becomes a top 4 d man. Seeing as he has eight NHL seasons under his belt and is 26 I figure he is as good as he's going to get.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I don't see us getting anything better than a 4th for any one of those players. Every little bit helps though.

It sure does seem to cost us a bunch of assets to make such marginal, incremental gains to the team.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Lol is that Elmers way of saying the only two ufa of value he had told him to fuck off ? The blind leading the blind here as usual.Its like the garage sale that has the dreamcatchers, half a bottle of motor oil, some busted kids toys,some grubby old ornaments, a package of sea monkeys and a leaky fish tank. Why does this pinhead need to get this shit out to the media?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Lol is that Elmers way of saying the only two ufa of value he had told him to fuck off ? The blind leading the blind here as usual.Its like the garage sale that has the dreamcatchers, half a bottle of motor oil, some busted kids toys,some grubby old ornaments, a package of sea monkeys and a leaky fish tank. Why does this pinhead need to get this shit out to the media?
I don't think JB told the media himself. It seems like one of the other 29 GMs leaked the information. Also, I did not read anywhere that Vrbata or Hamhuis are not available. FYI, Higgins, Prust, and Weber were offered to the other 29 teams for free but no takers. The only "news" here are Vey, Bartkowski, Kenins, and Cracknell.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

No, I think that's Elmer's way of saying that those names are available to the entire league, whereas Hamhuis, Vrbata, Burrows, and Hansen, all have some form of trade protection and therefore are not available to all 29 teams.

Higgins has that too, but chances are he is willing to go anywhere that he gets back to playing in the NHL.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote: I don't think JB told the media himself. It seems like one of the other 29 GMs leaked the information. Also, I did not read anywhere that Vrbata or Hamhuis are not available. FYI, Higgins, Prust, and Weber were offered to the other 29 teams for free but no takers. The only "news" here are Vey, Bartkowski, Kenins, and Cracknell.
Vey could also have been had for free. And I'd tend to agree it would be someone else leaking the information. Hopefully the fact that Vrbata and Hamhuis aren't on that list suggests Benning is actively working on deals for them, whereas this list is the scrap heap... "Here's our trash, give us a middling draft pick and take what you want".
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Jovocop wrote: I don't think JB told the media himself. It seems like one of the other 29 GMs leaked the information. Also, I did not read anywhere that Vrbata or Hamhuis are not available. FYI, Higgins, Prust, and Weber were offered to the other 29 teams for free but no takers. The only "news" here are Vey, Bartkowski, Kenins, and Cracknell.
Vey could also have been had for free. And I'd tend to agree it would be someone else leaking the information. Hopefully the fact that Vrbata and Hamhuis aren't on that list suggests Benning is actively working on deals for them, whereas this list is the scrap heap... "Here's our trash, give us a middling draft pick and take what you want".
Yes, I forgot Vey passed through waivers earlier this season. I was a bit surprised that Kenins is also available.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Topper wrote:"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."
classic. lol. but why stop there?
"...The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning is just trying to clean house on players he has identified as not fitting into the long term plan. It's what he's been doing since he arrived. Clearing cap and clearing contracts/roster spots for next year.

I don't even find this news worthy since all the players on this list have either been waived, demoted or are UFA. None of them can be considered core players. The return on any of them will be 5-7, except Vey might garner a 3rd.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote: Yes, I forgot Vey passed through waivers earlier this season. I was a bit surprised that Kenins is also available.
JB must feel like a bit of a donkey. JB paid like a 2nd rounder for Vey; the guy had a decent rookie season with 10G and 24pts. He's young and he's cheap. Vey had a poor camp and loses his spot to McCann, yet nobody would trade anything for him. So he's on waivers and still nobody picks him up. I'll be surprised if some1 takes him @ TDD.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Jovocop wrote: Yes, I forgot Vey passed through waivers earlier this season. I was a bit surprised that Kenins is also available.
JB must feel like a bit of a donkey. JB paid like a 2nd rounder for Vey; the guy had a decent rookie season with 10G and 24pts. He's young and he's cheap. Vey had a poor camp and loses his spot to McCann, yet nobody would trade anything for him. So he's on waivers and still nobody picks him up. I'll be surprised if some1 takes him @ TDD.
Can't win every trade there ol' snoozi, he came from the Kings prized prospect development line, WD probably vouched for him, we needed a young gun center who was ready to play asap, Vey was ok, but like his "need to be improved analysis" said, he needed to work on his defensive game and center duties, while all his natural ability & been trained to do from junior is score, but with his small stature and defensive meh game, and not scoring prolifically, he's been on the outside ever since JB drafted McCann who was light years ahead of him in natural talent.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."