Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stanton is a terrible scrapper. Jordan Nolan destroyed him last year. He shouldn't fight.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:Stanton is a terrible scrapper. Jordan Nolan destroyed him last year. He shouldn't fight.
Neither should Jordan Nolan, so that's saying a lot.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tanev not in practice and now Adam Larsson is scratched from the home opener hmmm...:p :P
Devils' Adam Larsson on sitting out season opener: This is my toughest benching yet
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014 ... g_yet.html

Devils coach Pete DeBoer tried to offer some comforting words to defenseman Adam Larsson, who will be scratched from Thursday night’s season opener against the Flyers.

But DeBoer’s assurance that Larsson’s time will come seemed to ring hollow.

“I don’t really want a reason. All that matters for me is if I’m in or I’m out. That’s the only thing I know right now,” a dejected Larsson said after the Devils’ morning skate at Wells Fargo Center.

He did not want to find himself on the outside looking in, as he has in the past.

“Now I’m here, doing it again,” Larsson said.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

So Carlyle still hates Gardiner as he's scratched for the 2nd straight game.

Myers, Byfuglien, Larsson, Gardiner perhaps JB should at least kick the tires on what any of these teams want for em?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Dreger reporting the leaves would be interested in Eric Staal if were to become available. Who wouldn't be?

Dreger spitballing 1st rounder, Gardiner and Kadri or Bozak.
SKYO wrote:So Carlyle still hates Gardiner as he's scratched for the 2nd straight game.

Myers, Byfuglien, Larsson, Gardiner perhaps JB should at least kick the tires on what any of these teams want for em?
The other night one of the talking heads (Friedman?) was saying the Red Wings had serious interest in Myers. Buffalo wanted Mantha. Sooooo, yeah. If you want Myers you're looking at one of our better kids (Horvat, Virtanen).

Reinhart likely to go back to junior, and Buffalo has promised the NHL they aren't tanking. LOL. Okay.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Markstrom, Mathias/Hansen for Nurse
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:Markstrom, Mathias/Hansen for Nurse
Well the Oilers do have a history of taking fliers on young goaltenders with no real NHL experience.

I think I would die laughing though if that was all it took for us to pry their best young defensive prospect out of them.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Dreger spitballing 1st rounder, Gardiner and Kadri or Bozak.
Makes sense, because other teams are always interested in trading for players that their own coach doesn't want on the ice.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BurningBeard wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Dreger spitballing 1st rounder, Gardiner and Kadri or Bozak.
Makes sense, because other teams are always interested in trading for players that their own coach doesn't want on the ice.
lol no shit, eh? Gotta love Dreger trying to drum up interest for his relatives shitty team on his has-been network.

The only way it works for the cap is dollars-in, dollars-out. The leaves are already ustin LTIR (Booth). Bozak and Gardiner make $8.25, which surprise surprise is the same amount Eric Staal makes. Only problem there is they'd need to fill that roster spot, and Bozak has a modified NTC and I would suspect Carolina could be on his no-go list. leaves have about 900K to work with in LTIR room, so they could bring up someone like Holzer, but once Booth is healthy they have to get back under the cap.

No, unfortunately for Lauf fans, there is little hope of them acquiring any big ticket players without dumping one of their own (Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul, Clarkson). On that note, Sweet Jesus is that Clarkson deal bad ($5.25M/year until 2020). If I was the Canes and I was heading for a rebuild I'd ask for Clarkson, Kadri, Gauthier, 2 firsts and a second. I'd say taking Clarkson's contract off their hands is easily worth a 1st and 2nd rounder. :lol:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Island Nucklehead wrote:[ If I was the Canes and I was heading for a rebuild I'd ask for Clarkson, Kadri, Gauthier, 2 firsts and a second. I'd say taking Clarkson's contract off their hands is easily worth a 1st and 2nd rounder. :lol:
Hahaha, yep! Nonis is really putting his stamp on this team, by saddling it with terrible contracts. Clarkson is that rare breed of signing that is terrible in the short term AND the long term!

Gotta love TSN: "and in other news, the leaves are terrible, interested in getting good players". What a scoop!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote:So Carlyle still hates Gardiner as he's scratched for the 2nd straight game.

The other night one of the talking heads (Friedman?) was saying the Red Wings had serious interest in Myers. Buffalo wanted Mantha. Sooooo, yeah. If you want Myers you're looking at one of our better kids (Horvat, Virtanen).
I remember botch saying JB was interested in Myers at the draft..
The Tyler Myers-to -Canucks talk is all over the draft floor. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, but there is a lot of buzz.
Gotta think JB may still in the hunt for the big dman, can the-sometimes-be-awesome-and-doh! dmen in elder/myers balance each other out? ha never know.

But yeah it would be a bit expensive, given that AV, Torts and now even Willie seem to not favour Kassian just yet, too bad we can't swap former sabre Kass+ for Myers. :mrgreen:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gotta wonder if Nonis is interested in Hansen. He did draft him when he was GM here.

That being said we have too many centres. We should be trading a centre instead of a winger. Matthias for Gardiner?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Gotta wonder if Nonis is interested in Hansen. He did draft him when he was GM here.

That being said we have too many centres. We should be trading a centre instead of a winger. Matthias for Gardiner?

I like Matthias on the 3rd or 4th line but I agree Dude, if we trade a forward it maybe a centre. Of course that is assuming Horvat sticks.

Maybe Nonis was just telling Benning last night how hard he tried to land Luongo and wished he had been able to get him.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gotta wonder if Nonis is interested in Hansen. He did draft him when he was GM here.

I like Matthias on the 3rd or 4th line but I agree Dude, if we trade a forward it maybe a centre. Of course that is assuming Horvat sticks.

Maybe Nonis was just telling Benning last night how hard he tried to land Luongo and wished he had been able to get him.
Maybe Booth is back, Baby! :P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Maybe Booth is back, Baby! :P
LOLA, that would just be too funny to see this board explode.

But, no, thanks.
The only HW the Canucks need