Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by Hockey Widow »

Wasn't that MacT that had a little incident while in Boston?
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:Wasn't that MacT that had a little incident while in Boston?
Like he'd know. He's more of a tether ball enthusiast.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:Wasn't that MacT that had a little incident while in Boston?
Oh yeah, same age, same team, my bad, same asshole different mouth :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Grenier's agent says they will not accept their qualifying offer as they want to negotiate a better deal.
Should add Grenier to the trade category then to go along with burrows and higgins to try get any extra picks. (yes IN/Blob they be waiver wire fodder, nobody wants them, they ain't worth crap) lol http://bit.ly/28JqjmY

And in my trade category sbisa & maybe, just maybe hansen if we end up keeping Burrows for one more season.

We could be like AZ, they traded their 7th top prospect with a pick for a couple picks
The Arizona Coyotes traded 20-year-old center Maxim Letunov and a 2017 sixth-round draft pick to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a 2017 third-round and a 2016 fourth-round draft pick.
Grenier or Kenins with a 6th for a couple picks. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bruins trying to hard to outbid the Oilers for Shattenkirk -
http://thehockeypress.ca/posts/20277238 ... -more.html
PROPOSED TRADE:

St. Louis Blues trade:

• Kevin Shattenkirk

Boston Bruins for:

• #14 Overall Pick

• 2nd/3rd Round Pick

• Ryan Spooner

• Loui Eriksson Rights

Quick Note: Edmonton Oilers are very much into this as well. They have the #4 Pick, Taylor Hall, and Jordan Eberle as assets. The Toronto Maple leaves have also supposedly made an offer for Shattenkirk. They are the dark horse team in these sweepstakes.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Let them overpay. The two losing teams will have to offer up even more to whatever else is on the market for the next bidding war.

Let's-go-Bru-ins!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Oilers trying to move Yakupov, no surprise. As a stand alone the best offer has been a high 3rd round pick. Yikes. They are trying to move him now in a package to bring back a D man. Talk about reality setting in.

I think the kid still has high upside but with his contract status and waiver status I wouldn't touch him. We don't have room on the roster for another reclamation project.

Chiarelli saying today he will not trade the 4th overall pick.

Talk about waiting too long to move a player. Treliving gets kudos for moving Baertschi for a 2nd before his stock fell too much.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Treliving gets kudos for moving Baertschi for a 2nd before his stock fell too much.
Or not being patient enough to wait. :mrgreen:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Oilers trying to move Yakupov, no surprise. As a stand alone the best offer has been a high 3rd round pick. Yikes. They are trying to move him now in a package to bring back a D man. Talk about reality setting in.
All those high picks the oilers got are losing value fast thanks to all their losing upon losing,
Yak trash/russian factor, RNH a skinny #2C who gets pushed around, Eberle a high paid winger / one trick pony.
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Bob Mckenzie: Cam Fowler to be traded before the draft, likely headed to Buffalo.
Vanek likely to be bought out in the next couple of days.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Treliving gets kudos for moving Baertschi for a 2nd before his stock fell too much.
Or not being patient enough to wait. :mrgreen:
Thats right JC!
#barthasabreakoutseason
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Lots of talk about Montreal/Edmonton and Subban. Montreal asking for 4th overall+Draisaitl, and maybe more. Really steep price for Edmonton to pay, and if that's the kind of asking prices you can count the Canucks out. Subban is a talented player, but we're in no position to be doing 5th+Horvat+ or 5th+Virtanen+ for the guy.

That Subban contract is a monster. And while he's a monster on the ice, he's rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way in the past. The Canucks could absorb a $9M deal, but the Oilers will be paying McDavid $11+M in a couple years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a deal around RNH and Shattenkirk.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Lots of talk about Montreal/Edmonton and Subban. Montreal asking for 4th overall+Draisaitl, and maybe more. Really steep price for Edmonton to pay, and if that's the kind of asking prices you can count the Canucks out. Subban is a talented player, but we're in no position to be doing 5th+Horvat+ or 5th+Virtanen+ for the guy.

That Subban contract is a monster. And while he's a monster on the ice, he's rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way in the past. The Canucks could absorb a $9M deal, but the Oilers will be paying McDavid $11+M in a couple years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a deal around RNH and Shattenkirk.
‏@GeorgesLaraque
Someone around the Oilers organization just confirmed to me that the Canadiens asked for Draisaitl and the 4 pick for Subban!

Don't have any idea how connect old Georges is, but here it is. I was just spitballing what they'd ask of the Canucks (if this tweet is even close to accurate) and I also thought the 5th and Horvat. That's steep. Not sure I could pull the trigger. The Canucks just can't make a deal that doesn't see them pick top ten this year, and it'd have to be a centre if it was indeed Horvat. Unless you also secured Stamkos lol.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

If you can somehow get PK without giving up Horvat, then you do it,

Feeling Chia doesn't want to give up Draisaitl let alone add the #4.
He probably wants to get rid of Yak/RNH/Eberle for a dman, they're cheaper options are out there like Shatter and Fowler.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

TSN Radio Vancouver ✔ @TSN1040
Benning on PK Subban: Yeah, we've been one of the teams that have talked to them. It's a high price, he's a true #1 defenseman
12:32 PM - 23 Jun 2016
56 56 Retweets 40 40 likes

Follow
Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres
Benning: "nowhere near close" to a Subban deal but expects if there is a deal to be made, negotiations would go through the night tonight
12:33 PM - 23 Jun 2016

Rumour is Habs wanted Tanev, the 5th and Hansen for Subban plus the 9th. Habs want Dubois so they are better suited to deal with Edmonton.

I doubt this was the Habs offer though as that's a deal if you are Benning you take and run with. Maybe this was Benning's offer. Trading Tanev and Hansen is 7.5M, bringing 9M back. Still leaves us cap room, a little, to sign a FA.

If I'm Edmonton I'd seriously look at Draistle plus the 4th for Subban plus the 9th.

So many rumours. But seems Benning is in the thick of it.