Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey_God
CC Rookie

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by Hockey_God »

Botchford saying Hammer's waffling on waiving NTC killed Chicago deal.

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Hockey_God wrote:Botchford saying Hammer's waffling on waiving NTC killed Chicago deal.
Not surprising. Really starting to think that he will not be moved. Apparently he has 3 young kids and making a run for the cup is not that high on his list of priorities.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Hockey_God wrote:Botchford saying Hammer's waffling on waiving NTC killed Chicago deal.
Well the Blackhawks have no 1st or 2nd round pick this draft, so that probably played a part in this as well.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47084
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Botchford loves to create controversy. Anything to grab a headline.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Hockey_God wrote:
Bob McKenzie just said Chicago has cooled on Hamhuis and is now looking at lower level options.
Bartkowski is still available.....and he lit shit up last night. Tell Bowman we'll take his 3rd rounder. :P

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well since he has still not been asked to waive not sure where this is coming from. Now while I have no inside scoop as to what Benning is negotiating I have been told that Hamhuis has not been asked to waive and his position remains the same, if asked he will consider it.
The only HW the Canucks need

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

As soon as a team (that hamhuis probably waives to [a contender team in the west]) offers up a 1st + a good prospect, only then the awkward ask to waive convo happens.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Sounds like Christian Ehrhoff will be moving from LA to CHI. Not an official trade but likely to occur. #TSN #tradecentre
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Panthers read: http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-east/ ... e-targets/

Need a top 4 left hander and a 3rd liner.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Sounds like Christian Ehrhoff will be moving from LA to CHI. Not an official trade but likely to occur. #TSN #tradecentre
A few things about pending CHI-LA trade: it may not become official until later in the day; players involved are Scuderi/Ehrhoff...

...there may be some salary retention. Should stress it's not yet a done deal but absent any last-minute issues, it "should" get done.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:Panthers read: http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-east/ ... e-targets/

Looo and Hammer reunited? :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:Panthers read: http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-east/ ... e-targets/

Nice calm place to raise the kiddos, time for the annual panther/canucks trade eh?

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:

Fabutan Dan

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

While I don't know this for sure I think if Hamhuis waives the decision won't be Iginla like. That is it won't be just about who he thinks has the best chance at winning the Cup. For sure I think he has to think that the team has a realistic chance at winning so not just any playoff bound team will do. But from listening to him on 1040, fit seemed more important. So not only the role he would have, but the team itself and the city involved would be key considerations.

I have no idea what in his mind would be a fit though. I just don't think that he will select just based on the best odds to win.

I'm really on board with trading him for the best return you can get given all the factors involved, especially given his comments about circling back to Vancouver July 1st. I'd love him back for 3-4 more years to anchor the blue line but if he can get us any type of decent return let's do it.
The only HW the Canucks need

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

If Hamhuis doesn't waive, I can see Bennign sitting down with his agent after the TDD to hammer out an extension (pardon the pun). I see him as a better vet for the kids than Edler. Perhaps Benning was hedging his bets on where the team was and the TDD situation before having talks with Hamhuis' agent?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.