July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Nothing stopping Benning from making that trade for Kane. McCaan, Sbisa and Bonino for Kane! Would you do it?
In a fucking heartbeat, but the Jets say no.
Agreed.

And to all these folks saying they wouldn't pay "full value", I say you rarely get a shot at 22-yr-old power forward.

So yeah, I'd pay full price for Evander.

Too bad he doesn't have an NTC because I'm pretty sure Vancouver would be #1 on his list.

This kid is going to grow up eventually.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Nothing stopping Benning from making that trade for Kane. McCaan, Sbisa and Bonino for Kane! Would you do it?
In a fucking heartbeat, but the Jets say no.
Agreed.

And to all these folks saying they wouldn't pay "full value", I say you rarely get a shot at 22-yr-old power forward.

So yeah, I'd pay full price for Evander.

Too bad he doesn't have an NTC because I'm pretty sure Vancouver would be #1 on his list.

This kid is going to grow up eventually.
Dudelove, what is the most you would give up for The Real Deal ... i.e. the top asset (main piece) you would offer from what the Canucks? Kassian? Virtanen? Horvat? Shinkaruk? 2015 1st rnd pick? Or a lessor asset?

Anyway, read this twitter conversion between someone on twitter and @botchford:

https://twitter.com/Berg75Tyler/status/ ... 8296506368
Tyler Berg ‏@Berg75Tyler

@botchford a few months ago, you wrote an article to "go all in" for Kane. What neg have you heard between then and now?

12:11 PM - 10 Jul 2014
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford

@Berg75Tyler what I think and what the Canucks think are different and I've had debates with them on this topic

1:05 PM - 10 Jul 2014

@Berg75Tyler Canucks have had no interest in Kane, I think he'd be great here

1:10 PM - 10 Jul 2014
The tweets from @botchford seem to support "speculation by some random CC poster" on the alleged Canucks' lack of interest in going "all-in" for The Real Deal. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Lord Strangelove, what is the most you would give up for The Real Deal ... i.e. the top asset (main piece) you would offer from what the Canucks? Kassian? Virtanen? Horvat? Shinkaruk? 2015 1st rnd pick?
Any one of those other than Kassian.
Betamax wrote: The tweets from @botchford seem to support "speculation by some random CC poster" on the alleged Canucks' lack of interest in going "all-in" for The Real Deal.
Around here, tweets from Botchford are on par with farts from random CC posters.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: Lord Strangelove, what is the most you would give up for The Real Deal ... i.e. the top asset (main piece) you would offer from what the Canucks? Kassian? Virtanen? Horvat? Shinkaruk? 2015 1st rnd pick?
Any one of those other than Kassian.
Look .... I agree with the general idea that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Kassian and Kane could be explosive on the same line (playmaker and shooter).

The issue I have is who's going to centre them? Maybe I'm underrating the Bonino guy, but on a contending team, he's not a 2C. That's why the Ducks got rid or rather trading him away to get a legit 2C. On a positional need, a guy that is the true heir apparent to Henrik should be one of their two top priorities, besides a top pairing young D, IMO.

Now the talk is that they are going to re-hab Edler into a top pairing D. Not sure what Dougie Lidster's track record is when it comes to that? Who has he coached with potential and has realized it under his coaching?

Betamax wrote: The tweets from @botchford seem to support "speculation by some random CC poster" on the alleged Canucks' lack of interest in going "all-in" for The Real Deal.
Around here, tweets from Botchford are on par with farts from random CC posters.

Well, that random CC poster, HW, has a track record for getting things right when it comes to what the team's "thinking" .... botchford is pretty good when it comes to that, well, beside the Gaborik rumor a few years back, IIRC. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You are right: you are underrating the Bonino guy. :mex:

A 2nd line of... Kane - Bonino - Kassian... would be peachy.

Edler will likely be much better than last year... regardless of Doug Lidster.

What if HW was one of us? Just a schmuck like one of us? Just a stranger on a bus?

Seriously, when HW isn't leaking inside information, she's just speculating like anyone else.

And Botchford is a godamned fool.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Around here, tweets from Botchford are on par with farts from random CC posters.
And wet farts at that.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
@Berg75Tyler what I think and what the Canucks think are different and I've had debates with them on this topic

The tweets from @botchford seem to support "speculation by some random CC poster" on the alleged Canucks' lack of interest in going "all-in" for The Real Deal. :mex:
This is a perfect example of whats wrong w/ the local media...they actually believe they are in the band.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:You are right: you are underrating the Bonino guy. :mex:

What if HW was one of us? Just a schmuck like one of us? Just a stranger on a bus?

Seriously, when HW isn't leaking inside information, she's just speculating like anyone else.

Bang on. Most of what I post is just my opinion. If it's prefaced with " heard from a friend" then it's not my opinion but it is just another rumour. Sometimes the info is good, more times than not we never know or it flat out doesn't pan out.

If I feel the info I have is very good info, like the Garrison stuff, I say.

As for Kane on the Canucks, I've just posted my opinion on the matter, I have no inside scoop as to how the current Canucks feel about it.

And for the record, I am just another stranger on the bus.
The only HW the Canucks need
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:You are right: you are underrating the Bonino guy. :mex:

Bang on. Most of what I post is just my opinion. If it's prefaced with " heard from a friend" then it's not my opinion but it is just another rumour. Sometimes the info is good, more times than not we never know or it flat out doesn't pan out.

If I feel the info I have is very good info, like the Garrison stuff, I say.

As for Kane on the Canucks, I've just posted my opinion on the matter, I have no inside scoop as to how the current Canucks feel about it.

And for the record, I am just another stranger on the bus.
I ready ya ....... your post submitted on » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:41 pm:
Evander Kane's has asked to be dealt but Winnipeg had resisted all offers, at his point. Was almost a Canuck last year but Winnipeg pulled the plug at the last minute. They still want to build around him but his agent is working it. Current Canucks management not as hot to trade for him as MG was.
........................ is consistent to the sentiments expressed by Botchford's tweets made on July 10th and they would be consistent with how GMJB opinions when it came to dealing with prodigious talents (Seguin) that had their share of off-ice drama. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote:
Evander Kane's has asked to be dealt but Winnipeg had resisted all offers, at his point. Was almost a Canuck last year but Winnipeg pulled the plug at the last minute. They still want to build around him but his agent is working it. Current Canucks management not as hot to trade for him as MG was.
........................ is consistent to the sentiments expressed by Botchford's tweets made on July 10th and they would be consistent with how GMJB opinions when it came to dealing with prodigious talents (Seguin) that had their share of off-ice drama.
"Not as hot to trade for him as MG was" does not mean they aren't interested.

Botchford's tweets should be given all the respect of a wet fart.

You don't know exactly what was going on with Seguin vs exactly what is going on with Kane.

Guys like you and Botchford like to think you know what's going on inside the head of a man like Benning.

You don't. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Evander Kane's has asked to be dealt but Winnipeg had resisted all offers, at his point. Was almost a Canuck last year but Winnipeg pulled the plug at the last minute. They still want to build around him but his agent is working it. Current Canucks management not as hot to trade for him as MG was.
........................ is consistent to the sentiments expressed by Botchford's tweets made on July 10th and they would be consistent with how GMJB opinions when it came to dealing with prodigious talents (Seguin) that had their share of off-ice drama. :mex:
A-HA! HW is Botchford-I knew it!
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

She is a he? I knew something was up!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Evander Kane's has asked to be dealt but Winnipeg had resisted all offers, at his point. Was almost a Canuck last year but Winnipeg pulled the plug at the last minute. They still want to build around him but his agent is working it. Current Canucks management not as hot to trade for him as MG was.

First I'm Dreger now Botchford!!!!!

What I heard about Kane came from Kane. Not directly to me but to some friends he was hanging with here in Vancouver. He was lamenting the fact he was almost a Canuck last year and was pissed about still being in the Peg. He said he has made it known to Winnipeg he wants out while not specifically demanding a trade but his agent was working on it. Said he would love to come back to Vancouver but just wants to go to a "real city". His agent told him interest from the Canucks cooled since MG was let go, at least his agent has been told that by Winnipeg.

I surmised from all of that with the Seguin trade and the dealings with Kesler that Kane does not fit the profile of the type of character the Canucks want on the team.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:

First I'm Dreger now Botchford!!!!!
Many talents :mrgreen:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:

This is a perfect example of whats wrong w/ the local media...they actually believe they are in the band.
LOL no shit. He has had debates with them before. What a myopic little prick. Like he is someone who should be taken serious . He is what 5ft fucking 5.... Probably a quality intramurals participant in his day. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”