Page 18 of 38

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:43 pm
by BladesofSteel
herb wrote:According to Canucks.com, Yannick Weber has been re-signed. No terms are out yet.
1 year at 850k

Also, Joe Cannata re-upped for 1 year at 600k.

Depth, depth and more depth.

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:31 am
by Todd Bersnoozi
Sounds like Evander Kane officially wants out of the Peg. What about Tanev, Hansen and Shinkaruk for him? :D

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:25 am
by Canuck-One
No Todd, way too much. Let's go to camp and see what we have before any other trades or Free Agents are signed. This team looks pretty good going forward. Sure there will be bumps and bruises from a few miscues as they learn but let's see how far they've come so far.

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:26 am
by Chef Boi RD
There is a reason why Kane hasn't been traded yet, he is cancerous in the room, no GM is going sacrifice good quality assets to take on his baggage and the Jets won't give him away. In the end it will probably be a trade of one primadonna for another, baggage for baggage.

Hey Evander, some advice - stop talking to the media, it's really not helping your cause.

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:11 am
by herb
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Sounds like Evander Kane officially wants out of the Peg. What about Tanev, Hansen and Shinkaruk for him? :D
Oh gawd.

Top 4 defenceman and all around good guy Chris Tanev + Future top 6 forward and all around good guy Hunter Shinkaruk + Solid 3rd liner and all around good guy Jannik Hansen for cancerous top 6 forward with attitude and discipline issues and all around maybe not such a good teammate Evander Kane?

No thanks. The Canucks are on the right track right now. No need to set us back at least a whole draft organizational depth wise.

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:58 am
by Betamax
via: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... ays-agent/

Difference between Sobotka and Blues was $300,000, says agent
Jason Brough Jul 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
The agent for Vladimir Sobotka says that the St. Louis Blues could’ve had his client for $300,000 more than the club was offering on a one-year deal.

“[Blues general manager Doug Armstrong] started at $2.4 million (for one season) and he came up to $2.7 million, so he gave me his best number,” agent Petr Svoboda told the Post-Dispatch. “We were at one year, $3 million. So basically it was over $300,000. There was no room for negotiation. It was one year at $2.7 (million) — take it.”

Instead, Sobotka is bound for the KHL, where he’ll play at least one season with Avangard Omsk.
That's a pretty significant loss to their depth chart. They did re-sign Ott to compensate to a degree, but they would have been better off acquiescing and pay the price than having the lost of his services for at least one year. :mex:

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:37 pm
by Betamax
Meanwhile on the twitterverse ........ there is some buzz that in a couple of seasons, Stamkos may take his talents to the Centre of the Universe, based on his account "favouriting" the following article:

via: https://twitter.com/WillySal89/status/4 ... 9718929408
Will ‏@WillySal89

Sooo... @RealStamkos91 favorited @Proteautype's article on a hometown kid coming home to win with the Leaves... #UFAinJuly2016

12:34 PM - 12 Jul 2014
via: https://twitter.com/Proteautype/status/ ... 7884106752
Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype

FWIW, after that Stamkos piece went up, a good source said he really thinks Stamkos could go to Leaves in '16 & said it'd take a max contract

1:20 PM - 12 Jul 2014
Would/could Stamkos be hockey's version of LBJ in a couple of years? :mex:

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 pm
by Betamax
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Sounds like Evander Kane officially wants out of the Peg. What about Tanev, Hansen and Shinkaruk for him? :D
I say no. The priority after selecting Virtanen (who brings a similar skillset without off-ice drama) is for a young NHL ready, legit offensive 2C (at a minimum) with 1C potential.

Johansen is the new (Real Deal) Kane .... in terms of whom the Canucks' should dream of acquiring ... or someone similar to that (not that I can think of any young C that fit a similar profile right now). :mex:

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:05 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
RoyalDude wrote:There is a reason why Kane hasn't been traded yet, he is cancerous in the room, no GM is going sacrifice good quality assets to take on his baggage and the Jets won't give him away. In the end it will probably be a trade of one primadonna for another, baggage for baggage.

Hey Evander, some advice - stop talking to the media, it's really not helping your cause.
Little bit far fetched here Pacific Blue. I would have liked a three way deal where our cancerous prick went to Anaheim and Kane ( who is just an immature punk atm) came here with assets going to Winnipeg.

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 pm
by Hockey Widow
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:There is a reason why Kane hasn't been traded yet, he is cancerous in the room, no GM is going sacrifice good quality assets to take on his baggage and the Jets won't give him away. In the end it will probably be a trade of one primadonna for another, baggage for baggage.

Hey Evander, some advice - stop talking to the media, it's really not helping your cause.
Little bit far fetched here Pacific Blue. I would have liked a three way deal where our cancerous prick went to Anaheim and Kane ( who is just an immature punk atm) came here with assets going to Winnipeg.

Nothing stopping Benning from making that trade for Kane. McCaan, Sbisa and Bonino for Kane! Would you do it?

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:57 pm
by Chef Boi RD
Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:There is a reason why Kane hasn't been traded yet, he is cancerous in the room, no GM is going sacrifice good quality assets to take on his baggage and the Jets won't give him away. In the end it will probably be a trade of one primadonna for another, baggage for baggage.

Hey Evander, some advice - stop talking to the media, it's really not helping your cause.
Little bit far fetched here Pacific Blue. I would have liked a three way deal where our cancerous prick went to Anaheim and Kane ( who is just an immature punk atm) came here with assets going to Winnipeg.

Nothing stopping Benning from making that trade for Kane. McCaan, Sbisa and Bonino for Kane! Would you do it?
No

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:02 pm
by Chef Boi RD
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:There is a reason why Kane hasn't been traded yet, he is cancerous in the room, no GM is going sacrifice good quality assets to take on his baggage and the Jets won't give him away. In the end it will probably be a trade of one primadonna for another, baggage for baggage.

Hey Evander, some advice - stop talking to the media, it's really not helping your cause.
Little bit far fetched here Pacific Blue. I would have liked a three way deal where our cancerous prick went to Anaheim and Kane ( who is just an immature punk atm) came here with assets going to Winnipeg.
Ya, I remember when Phaneuf was apparently suppose to grow up after after being an immature punk atm Steel Plant McKenzies, you are who you are Blobby Sicilians

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 pm
by the Dogsalmon
Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:There is a reason why Kane hasn't been traded yet, he is cancerous in the room, no GM is going sacrifice good quality assets to take on his baggage and the Jets won't give him away. In the end it will probably be a trade of one primadonna for another, baggage for baggage.

Hey Evander, some advice - stop talking to the media, it's really not helping your cause.
Little bit far fetched here Pacific Blue. I would have liked a three way deal where our cancerous prick went to Anaheim and Kane ( who is just an immature punk atm) came here with assets going to Winnipeg.

Nothing stopping Benning from making that trade for Kane. McCaan, Sbisa and Bonino for Kane! Would you do it?

No!

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:53 pm
by Betamax
Diehard1 wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:I'm not sure why most aren't talking about the prospect depth assembled, when a guy like Jensen or Gaunce is your #5 prospect you are doing well. Horvat, Shinkaruk, McCann, Virtanen are all very good prospects while Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado, Hutton, Fox and Rey all have very good NHL potential. Demko, Eriksson, Markstrom and Cannata is a very deep set of goalie prospects, even if goalies are wild cards.

This management team is doing a solid job of retooling while adding young players. It's early but I like the direction so far.
Sure, there's quantity, but my main issue is how much quality is there in the prospects? i.e. How many of them are capable of being 1st liners or even 2nd liners for a long period of time in the NHL? Using the HF board rating system, how many 8.0+ level prospect(s) are in the system? None that I can see. :mex:
Quantity and quality in the system yep. I don't use the HF system because it's awful, they have no idea what they are doing as it's written by a bunch of bloggers. THN is better but once they went to the under 21 system instead of prospects only they lost me a bit.

Who are quality players? Horvat for sure, I would assume Virtanen even though I've only seen him play twice so it's hard for me to comment, just going on what the scouts say. Shinkaruk definitely was before his injury so assuming he's healthy there's no reason that should change. McCann as well, I've watched him a few times in the past 12 months as I figured the Nucks may have a chance to pick him, he's a very good prospect.

The rest of the top 10 or so are potential NHLers, when is the last time we could say that? I've been a fan since the early 80's and I can't remember another time. We've had better top end guys (Linden, Nedved, Bure, Sedins) but never this much depth.
Well, when I use the hf rating system of 8.0+ ...... it's just in reference to players that are rated as top line offensive players. Besides Shinkaruk and now Virtanen, both of whom are wingers who have a chance to become that in a best case scenario but it's certainly not a "can't miss" locks to do so.

The Canucks over the next few years will have to compete with the duo of Duchene/McKinnon, RNH/DD, Monahan/Bennett down the middle.

Where is the top line offensive C the Canucks have as prospects? Okay, you say Horvat and McCann but they don't project as being top end offensive PPG players and are pegged as two way Cs. :mex:

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:01 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:There is a reason why Kane hasn't been traded yet, he is cancerous in the room, no GM is going sacrifice good quality assets to take on his baggage and the Jets won't give him away. In the end it will probably be a trade of one primadonna for another, baggage for baggage.

Hey Evander, some advice - stop talking to the media, it's really not helping your cause.
Little bit far fetched here Pacific Blue. I would have liked a three way deal where our cancerous prick went to Anaheim and Kane ( who is just an immature punk atm) came here with assets going to Winnipeg.

Nothing stopping Benning from making that trade for Kane. McCaan, Sbisa and Bonino for Kane! Would you do it?
In a fucking heartbeat, but the Jets say no.