July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by Hockey Widow »

TSN reporting it. Rumoured to be 4 year between 3.5 and 4 per. Totally unconfirmed at this point.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Boston Canucker wrote:Twitter word is Canucks signed vrbata, hope the price/term isn't crazy.

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status ... 2169932800
Confirmed by his agent.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:Twitter word is Canucks signed vrbata, hope the price/term isn't crazy.

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status ... 2169932800
Confirmed by his agent.

Ya, confirmed he is a Canuck but term and cap still a guess.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Dreger says 2years at 5 mill per. I love the term, would rather 4 million but likely had to up it to keep term down. This us a good signing, no long term commitment.
xtr3m
AHL Prospect

Post by xtr3m »

Hockey Widow wrote:Evander Kane still wants out.
Anything else on Kane? Is there a healthy interest from us?
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Betamax wrote: Just look at how lessor Dmen (i.e. Orpik) are getting as UFAs. :mex:
How many teams are bidding for Tanev's services?
Don't think any team would make an offer sheet towards him or Kassian for that matter. But if the Canucks want to lock him up long-term i.e. buy off some of his UFA years, they are going to pay over 4M+ AAV for the duration. It would be interesting to see what the AAV is if it's a "bridge" deal. Probably between 3M-4M AAV. :mex:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

xtr3m wrote:

No idea really. He doesn't fit the character type player Benning covets. Benning was part of the team that traded Seguin. But all I've heard is Kane wants out, has quietly ask out but not asked for a trade???? and he would love to play in Vancouver. He wants out more than he wants to play in Vancouver though. He hates the Peg with a foul mouthed passion. It has nothing to do with the team or coach, just hates the Peg. He likes mild climates and big cities.

I don't see him as a Benning type but, and this is a big but, he idolizes Linden and Lnden does know him fairly well. I honestly don't see us trading for him unless and until the situation became unmanageable in Winnipeg. He would be too costly I think.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:
xtr3m wrote:

No idea really. He doesn't fit the character type player Benning covets. Benning was part of the team that traded Seguin. But all I've heard is Kane wants out, has quietly ask out but not asked for a trade???? and he would love to play in Vancouver. He wants out more than he wants to play in Vancouver though. He hates the Peg with a foul mouthed passion. It has nothing to do with the team or coach, just hates the Peg. He likes mild climates and big cities.

I don't see him as a Benning type but, and this is a big but, he idolizes Linden and Lnden does know him fairly well. I honestly don't see us trading for him unless and until the situation became unmanageable in Winnipeg. He would be too costly I think.
via: https://twitter.com/TSN1290Radio/status ... 9797137408
TSN Radio 1290 @TSN1290Radio

So...Evander Kane just favourited a 'Kane to the Flyers' tweet. Awkward?

10:09 AM - 26 Jun 2014
:mex:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya I just think he has a lot of growing up to do. The people here that I know, that know him all same the same thing. Arrogant cocky fuck. Big drinker and loud dirty dawg party boy. One of those guys with no humility who thinks he is gawd's gift. Very very immature. Mouthy guy that gets into trouble in the bar scene, sorta like Lucic but can't back it up trouble.

One friend said he is on a fast track to a shortened career, drinking, pot and not the best of work ethics off the ice. Sounds like he needs Gary Roberts boot camp before his speed and skill begin to diminish.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ya I just think he has a lot of growing up to do. The people here that I know, that know him all same the same thing. Arrogant cocky fuck. Big drinker and loud dirty dawg party boy. One of those guys with no humility who thinks he is gawd's gift. Very very immature. Mouthy guy that gets into trouble in the bar scene, sorta like Lucic but can't back it up trouble.

One friend said he is on a fast track to a shortened career, drinking, pot and not the best of work ethics off the ice. Sounds like he needs Gary Roberts boot camp before his speed and skill begin to diminish.
Yeah, that's what I've heard regarding Kane, from a very good source. Not to well liked by his teammates and coaching staff. A very good talent wasted on a shitty human.

The Canucks should offer sheet Ryan Johansen. Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming but DO IT! Apparently he wants next contract to take him to when he becomes UFA eligible in 4 years and the BJ's don't want that, either a short term 2 year or a long one that takes him past his UFA status. Gonna be interesting to watch.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
xtr3m
AHL Prospect

Post by xtr3m »

Thanks, HW.

I've been thinking about Johansen myself. He could be Benning's "Reinhart": top 5 overall, local boy, centre. Columbus doesn't have a problem letting players that don't want to be there go so there's a chance.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

xtr3m wrote:Thanks, HW.

I've been thinking about Johansen myself. He could be Benning's "Reinhart": top 5 overall, local boy, centre. Columbus doesn't have a problem letting players that don't want to be there go so there's a chance.
Columbus has already said they will match any offers. Do we really want to make an offer that risks 5 first round picks?
xtr3m
AHL Prospect

Post by xtr3m »

Definitely don't want to go the offer sheet route, but what if the situation gets really bad and Columbus has no choice but to trade?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

xtr3m wrote:Definitely don't want to go the offer sheet route, but what if the situation gets really bad and Columbus has no choice but to trade?

We're talking a first in 2015 plus two decent prospects via trade I would think.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:
xtr3m wrote:Definitely don't want to go the offer sheet route, but what if the situation gets really bad and Columbus has no choice but to trade?

We're talking a first in 2015 plus two decent prospects via trade I would think.
Kassian, Virtanen, 1st rounder, + might get their attention but I don't think it's a route we want to take. Better off developing our own guys.